Cops attack victim of fiery crash

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Cops attack victim of fiery crash

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I stand by you are a good man to debate Head
Same to you, and btw I genuinely mean no offense to your service when I defend what Kaep did. I hope you didn't take it that way anyway.
No worries brother we've known each other to long for that.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

They kicked him a couple of times and then dragged him away from the fire. Shouldn't have kicked him but hardly call that beating the shit out of him. They thought he was the suspect that just caused their blood to boil in pursuit and the adrenaline will skyrocket getting next to that inferno. Can't condone the kicking but shit happens, something like this is why I would never want to be a cop. Glad there was a dude who found the time to film it and post to social media instead of, ya know, maybe trying to help a man on fire, though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

One more point I gotta make. I know Tigg and lot of other veterans did find it disrespectful and obviously nobody can tell you you're wrong for feeling a certain way. But conservative news outlets were painting the veteran response as a consensus disgust with Kaepernick. But I know for a fact that just like all Americans, veterans were pretty divided on the issue. So to me it was bullshit to see the right wing essentially try to speak for all veterans in that case. And this is something that happens far too often with the Republicans speaking of veterans/military. It's almost an entitlement as the more military-friendly party to present them as a monolith and speak directly for them. More often than not it's BS posturing to tug at heartstrings rather than helpful policy.

A lot more can probably be written about the demographic groups both parties take under their wing and become "guardians" of. Can't win elections if nobody feels helpless..
Last edited by Headhunter on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:They kicked him a couple of times and then dragged him away from the fire. Shouldn't have kicked him but hardly call that beating the shit out of him. They thought he was the suspect that just caused their blood to boil in pursuit and the adrenaline will skyrocket getting next to that inferno. Can't condone the kicking but shit happens, something like this is why I would never want to be a cop. Glad there was a dude who found the time to film it and post to social media instead of, ya know, maybe trying to help a man on fire, though.
Which would be cool if this was a buddy cop flick from the 80s but in reality it's not good police work.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:They kicked him a couple of times and then dragged him away from the fire. Shouldn't have kicked him but hardly call that beating the shit out of him. They thought he was the suspect that just caused their blood to boil in pursuit and the adrenaline will skyrocket getting next to that inferno. Can't condone the kicking but shit happens, something like this is why I would never want to be a cop. Glad there was a dude who found the time to film it and post to social media instead of, ya know, maybe trying to help a man on fire, though.
Which would be cool if this was a buddy cop flick from the 80s but in reality it's not good police work.
I'm still 11 pages behind but I wouldn't call it good police work either. That shit happens.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:unless the car he was climbing out of, matched the color and model of the car they had been pursuing, then there is no excuse at all. and even then, it feels pretty flimsy to me. :P
Could you make out the color and model of car in that shit?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Alright, I'm only 3 pages in and there is countless "beat the shit out of" and Headward dropping "violent psychopaths" for the police. I ain't falling for this troll bait. *will see why this lasted another page that didn't need to exist*
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:Alright, I'm only 3 pages in and there is countless "beat the shit out of" and Headward dropping "violent psychopaths" for the police. I ain't falling for this troll bait. *will see why this lasted another page that didn't need to exist*
It's your choice whether you want to argue the semantics of the kicking, but it's a dumb case to make. Also, are you suggesting violent psychopath cops do not exist? I would disagree.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I'm still 11 pages behind but I wouldn't call it good police work either. That shit happens.
Right...are we supposed to accept that it should though? I don't.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Alright, I'm only 3 pages in and there is countless "beat the shit out of" and Headward dropping "violent psychopaths" for the police. I ain't falling for this troll bait. *will see why this lasted another page that didn't need to exist*
It's your choice whether you want to argue the semantics of the kicking, but it's a dumb case to make. Also, are you suggesting violent psychopath cops do not exist? I would disagree.
Of course they do. They do in virtually every walk of life. I would never use this as an example, however.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Of course they do. They do in virtually every walk of life. I would never use this as an example, however.
They do in every walk of life, but it's a little more concerning walks of life involving authority not to mention weapons. And yeah I wouldn't say they were violent psychopaths, that was def. some troll bait.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

But violent psychopath is also not the bar. That's well below the bar. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
That shit happens and there's not always good police work? Yes! There is no "should". They're human, for fuck sakes! How in the fuck is anybody gonna sit there and expect them to be infallible. Maybe the human race will unfuck itself and become this grand utopia. Not happenin'. bro.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
That shit happens and there's not always good police work? Yes! There is no "should". They're human, for fuck sakes! How in the fuck is anybody gonna sit there and expect them to be infallible. Maybe the human race will unfuck itself and become this grand utopia. Not happenin'. bro.
There are no shortage of men and women who would be thrilled to serve on police forces and manage to do it without doing shit like this. Let them have those jobs. What's so wrong with that?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
There are no shortage of men and women who would be thrilled to serve on police forces and manage to do it without doing shit like this. Let them have those jobs. What's so wrong with that?
Nothing. How you gonna weed that out, though? It's the human condition. All these officers might have been stand-up boy scouts until this rattled their cages. You could get all your men and women who would do right in this situation, show compassion, and then fold and get killed in some crackhouse shootout.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Is this one of those cop hating threads where we act like they should be flawless robots?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Is this one of those cop hating threads where we act like they should be flawless robots?
of course, it is. anytime that a cop is criticized by a liberal, it must be about hating all cops.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:Is this one of those cop hating threads where we act like they should be flawless robots?
Yes.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

uh huh. i lack the ability to differentiate between one certain bad thing and whatever group or profession that one thing is associated with.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Yep