Overdoses, leading cause of death of Americans under 50

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Re: Overdoses, leading cause of death of Americans under 50

Post by DAEBO »

Jmac Attack wrote:
DAEBO wrote:I'm actually with you on your argument, I'm just expanding
I said earlier that I agree, I just don't think it is so black and white as he does, is all. According to him, people cant ever make mistakes. He doesn't realize how addicting opiates are and people trust their doctors. But, yeah, they probably overeat or abuse alcohol anyway according to him. So.....die and good riddance. Lol
He's has an agenda in mind. It's odd he can't just say something because then he'd be an asshole . He has to have us do debate gymnastics to come to the conclusion ourselves so technically he didn't say it. It's smart but also stupid. That's why I don't do this masturbation shit anymore.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

It is a time honored HMF tradition and I don't want it to stop, I also am just being an asshole, as I do. Play on, Playas.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DAEBO wrote:It is a time honored HMF tradition and I don't want it to stop, I also am just being an asshole, as I do. Play on, Playas.
You know how we do, lol!
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Jmac Attack wrote:
DAEBO wrote:It is a time honored HMF tradition and I don't want it to stop, I also am just being an asshole, as I do. Play on, Playas.
You know how we do, lol!
I do and i love it
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Doing drugs, drinking, etc.....are all dumb choices. If someone makes those mistakes, and seeks help, we help them. We are all a part of the society we live in.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Dudeamis Primes, breathing the fucking air is abuse by these standards. I see people jogging on the sidewalk just breathing in all the wonderful toxins from the cars passing by everyday.

Live and let live.

The human race is gonna break this planet into submission, crusaders can fight it all they want, it's inevitable.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
I said earlier that I agree, I just don't think it is so black and white as he does, is all. According to him, people cant ever make mistakes. He doesn't realize how addicting opiates are and people trust their doctors. But, yeah, they probably overeat or abuse alcohol anyway according to him. So.....die and good riddance. Lol
Actually, I realize exactly how addictive opiates are. That is why I avoid them.

Amazing how people trust their doctors when it comes to consuming opiates but do not trust the same doctors when the doctors are asking them to eat right, exercise, and avoid substances. People want quick fixes, which is the real problem.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Reign in Blood wrote:Dudeamis Primes, breathing the fucking air is abuse by these standards. I see people jogging on the sidewalk just breathing in all the wonderful toxins from the cars passing by everyday.

Live and let live.

The human race is gonna break this planet into submission, crusaders can fight it all they want, it's inevitable.
You can breath too much air
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Actually, I realize exactly how addictive opiates are. That is why I avoid them.

Amazing how people trust their doctors when it comes to consuming opiates but do not trust the same doctors when the doctors are asking them to eat right, exercise, and avoid substances. People want quick fixes, which is the real problem.

I hate them. I don't take any medicine other than a MultiVitamin. I broke my tail bone years back, NERVE PAIN, the real shit. Had a few Tramadol. That's it. I get my vaccinations Flu and such because my work makes me but otherwise nothing.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

I agree. Some people are oblivious though. There was this older lady at Little Caesar's that passed Percocets out anytime someone would say they had a headache. Amber pulled her aside and had to tell her what those drugs were. She just thought they were really good Tylenol, lol. Tylenol is actually a shirt drug too. But you get what I mean.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:Dudeamis Primes, breathing the fucking air is abuse by these standards. I see people jogging on the sidewalk just breathing in all the wonderful toxins from the cars passing by everyday.

Live and let live.

People can snort starter fluid for all I care, as long as I am not left paying for the consequences.

Usually what happens is people make stupid, selfish choices, and then when it blows up on them, we are suddenly a big community that should help each other.

"Steve the town drunk just had a heart attack and kidney failure, let's set up a gofundme and do a benefit concert...at a bar."
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DAEBO wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

I hate them. I don't take any medicine other than a MultiVitamin. I broke my tail bone years back, NERVE PAIN, the real shit. Had a few Tramadol. That's it. I get my vaccinations Flu and such because my work makes me but otherwise nothing.
The vicoden I took for my burns did work really well. I only needed two though, and then the pain was bearable. I have a really high tolerance for pain though. That happens when you have 3 older brothers kicking your ass all the time lol.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

DAEBO wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

I think people believe pills somehow target whatever is ailing them. It is a powerful chemical disrupting your body chemistry. It is not like a site specific injection.

The same drug that is addressing the pain in your back is processed by every organ in the body first.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Jmac Attack wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

The vicoden I took for my burns did work really well. I only needed two though, and then the pain was bearable. I have a really high tolerance for pain though. That happens when you have 3 older brothers kicking your ass all the time lol.
For sure. It's strong, They knock me out, I don't like them.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:

Live and let live.

People can snort starter fluid for all I care, as long as I am not left paying for the consequences.

Usually what happens is people make stupid, selfish choices, and then when it blows up on them, we are suddenly a big community that should help each other.

"Steve the town drunk just had a heart attack and kidney failure, let's set up a gofundme and do a benefit concert...at a bar."

Steve the town drunk probably started drinking when he was a kid, though. Probably had parents that drank. Etc. We can go circles with the hypotheticals.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

That's a good question too. Why does every one seemingly have to learn from experience?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Opiates are only supposed to be for the short term. I know people that have been on them for years. Why is that? There is more to it than just saying they should have known better. The doctor deserves as much the blame. Yeah, a lot of us are smart enough to realize doctors make mistakes and takes shits like the rest of us, but people put a lot of faith into their doctors.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DAEBO wrote:That's a good question too. Why does every one seemingly have to learn from experience?
Now ya got me thinking!
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

It's like the idea of; Hey don't do that, always ends in Fuck you watch me.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:

Live and let live.

Steve the town drunk probably started drinking when he was a kid, though. Probably had parents that drank. Etc. We can go circles with the hypotheticals.
And Steve will have addict kids. When do we break the cycle instead of acting like Steve is a cool guy for being at the bar all the time?