When the war is over but soldiers keep fighting it

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

When the war is over but soldiers keep fighting it

Post by Foo »

Soldiers sometimes do not realize they have won. And sometimes, winning the war means losing a personal purpose. Sometimes the continued hate is all consuming. It can come out as destructive behavior, either self inflicted or directed at new targets.

So I am sitting at a red light today and I was thinking about society. Slavery to segregation to inferiority to equality to inequality. Liberals long ago won this war. The meaningful battles were won by the left. The fight continues, presumably just because it provides a sense of purpose to those fighting.

All sense of context, scale, and scope has been lost because the fight is more important than the cause. Slavery and suffrage get compared to birth control and trannies using the wrong restroom. Minor inconveniences are compared to lynchings.
zombie
Administrator

Re: When the war is over but soldiers keep fighting it

Post by zombie »

i think that there are still things worth fighting for or working toward. but in some cases, you're right that people just fight for the sake of it. or pretend to be fighting for something, but really want to oppress or take away freedoms in some way.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:i think that there are still things worth fighting for or working toward. but in some cases, you're right that people just fight for the sake of it. or pretend to be fighting for something, but really want to oppress or take away freedoms in some way.
At this point, don't you think it is more about the people fighting than who they are fighting for? I see more people looking to win social media points than actually trying to fight injustice.

It's like white SJWs trading butt pats over who can appear the least racist, while they plan their move away from the ghettos.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Liberals are tolerant, though. You know they are fighting for a good cause when they throw piss and shit at people who disagree with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGvEm1Bq3wM
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:i think that there are still things worth fighting for or working toward. but in some cases, you're right that people just fight for the sake of it. or pretend to be fighting for something, but really want to oppress or take away freedoms in some way.
At this point, don't you think it is more about the people fighting than who they are fighting for? I see more people looking to win social media points than actually trying to fight injustice.

It's like white SJWs trading butt pats over who can appear the least racist, while they plan their move away from the ghettos.
on the internet? sure, i can see that the fighting doesn't equate to much more than a pissing contest. and a lot of times, it's just to make themselves feel justified, rather than actually trying to do good. but that's the internet.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Liberals are tolerant, though. You know they are fighting for a good cause when they throw piss and shit at people who disagree with them.

now you're even linking to lauren southern. cool. :P

that's extreme idiots. do you think that of me? do you think that of any of the liberals on hmf?
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Shame of it is that no one pays attention when there's an actual case of injustice. We all just roll our eyes and say, "Here we go again". It's turned into white noise.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Liberals are tolerant, though. You know they are fighting for a good cause when they throw piss and shit at people who disagree with them.

that's extreme idiots. do you think that of me? do you think that of any of the liberals on hmf?
I linked to a video of liberals throwing piss and shit at people. Lauren Something just happened to be there, I guess.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

I linked to a video of liberals throwing piss and shit at people. Lauren Something just happened to be there, I guess.
i wasn't meaning to come across as dismissive.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

You hurted my feels.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

You have sone weird car journeys.

As for the dismissive assertion that LGBT rights don't matter, I can only say they you're wrong and I'm glad the "war" as you call it waged on. But I think it's wrong to see it as a war. I view it as a journey. The ultimate goal is to get to a free and equal society where every person has the best chance to live freeof discrimination and abuse, with the greatest chance for success and the best chance to feel valued. We have progressed, but we are forever progressing. It doesn't stop when the rich white dude feels he's pretty happy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Agree.

Targeting whites and claiming privilege and racism needs to stop.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Agree.

Not sure we agree really. Though if genuinely there was an actual infringement upon white people then I'd agree it should stop. But that doesn't strike me as a real problem.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:

Not sure we agree really. Though if genuinely there was an actual infringement upon white people then I'd agree it should stop. But that doesn't strike me as a real problem.
Have you seen the ratio in which whites/blacks assault/murder each other? For every one white guy who assaults a black guy, 200 more blacks assault white guys.

The racism needs to stop. End white suffrage.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Have you seen the ratio in which whites/blacks assault/murder each other? For every one white guy who assaults a black guy, 200 more blacks assault white guys.

The racism needs to stop. End white suffrage.
Not sure that can be classed as racism against the white guy. Seems to be racism against the black guy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Blacks are 200x more racist. Not good.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Blacks are 200x more racist. Not good.
Yup. That's what those numbers mean.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:

But a man dressed as a woman being denied use of a ladies locker room is?

I mean, this is a real injustice and protests must be carried out!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

No one even bats an eye when a movie studio decides a certain film must be directed by a female or black person.

Imagine the rage if someone in Hollywood said, "We are incredibly pleased to have found a straight white man to direct our $200m Stretch Armstrong movie. We feel he has a deep understanding of Stretch and will bring the story to life..."
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

But a man dressed as a woman being denied use of a ladies locker room is?

I mean, this is a real injustice and protests must be carried out!
At its core the bathroom nonsense is a stand-in for a bigger issue of equality. It is a real injustice.