Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:She became a symbol of female empowerment by beating up other women in MMA and her off the wall remarks saying she could definitely beat the then UFC male heavyweight champion under the right circumstances.

She is a pretty terrible person. When she walks out to the WWE crowd and stops and stares humbly at the ground, it is the fakest thing I've ever seen.
I hate that they gave her Piper's outfit gimmick and the Joan Jett song. Whole thing feels forced. But then, wrestling is a work, and that goes back to its roots.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The UFC pushed her really hard and made her a mega-star when in reality what we saw when she fought Holly Holm would be what would happen if Bruce Lee ran into Muhammad Ali. She was exposed. She has great judo, but her overall fighting talent was never seen because they padded her record with either mediocre or god awful female fighters. The moment she actually stepped in there with a mega-talented female boxer, she ate one punch and didn't even know where she was for the rest of the fight. Videos would go viral of her practicing judo and everyone would be amazed watching her judo throw 200 pound men, and I'm watching it seeing that they are clearly rolling with it like anybody would in sparring. If any one of them ever put in a tenth of the effort to prevent the takedown, there is no way in hell she would do it. It was the one-inch punch all over again.

She came out to the Joan Jett song in the UFC, and I figure with Natalya practically stealing Bret Hart's theme and Ronda getting her nickname from Piper, they're not really gonna care about giving her the Piper gimmick.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:The UFC pushed her really hard and made her a mega-star when in reality what we saw when she fought Holly Holm would be what would happen if Bruce Lee ran into Muhammad Ali. She was exposed. She has great judo, but her overall fighting talent was never seen because they padded her record with either mediocre or god awful female fighters. The moment she actually stepped in there with a mega-talented female boxer, she ate one punch and didn't even know where she was for the rest of the fight. Videos would go viral of her practicing judo and everyone would be amazed watching her judo throw 200 pound men, and I'm watching it seeing that they are clearly rolling with it like anybody would in sparring. If any one of them ever put in a tenth of the effort to prevent the takedown, there is no way in hell she would do it. It was the one-inch punch all over again.

She came out to the Joan Jett song in the UFC, and I figure with Natalya practically stealing Bret Hart's theme and Ronda getting her nickname from Piper, they're not really gonna care about giving her the Piper gimmick.
It's not like the UFC is not a half-work anyway.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Ronald Rousey beating Alexa Bliss to win the title is like the worst outcome ever.

So much for having to earn it. This was like her 3rd match ever and they already have Alexa put her over. Shame.
Sickens and disgusts. And the whole 4 minutes were god awful, with her meditating in the middle of the ring or whatever the fuck and talking to the crowd.
dave626

Post by dave626 »

Reigns is a full timer. Glad the belt is actually on TV again. Right call. Ronda is an attraction, a show. No sure what the hell was up with that scary makeup. But she's MMA to WWE. She's supposed to be a badass. Confrontations are scripted, but the punches are real in MMA. Alexa doesn't need the title to be a top heel in WWE. Plus with Evolution PPV and the already spoiled Bliss Stratus match, it wasn't going to be for the title. She had to drop it sometime. As for Natty, it's a family thing, plus remind people she's a Neidhart/Hart and feed off that. Ronda got permission from the man before he died. I'm okay with that if he is. It's a way to honor him, keep his memory alive. I think it's worse to bury it and forget, but that's just me.
It's what's best for business. LOL It really is entertainment, not a sport. Not meant to taken too seriously. Have fun with it. There are worse things in the world.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Gonna be hard to get used to bald Shawn Michaels.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:Gonna be hard to get used to bald Shawn Michaels.
No shit. Still will kick the fuck out of em.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:Gonna be hard to get used to bald Shawn Michaels.
No shit. Still will kick the fuck out of em.
and really a much better idea than aging like Ricky Morton.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XigdA6k ... tu.be&t=73

That is definitely some of the best heat I've heard in ages.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XigdA6k ... tu.be&t=73

So that's what the whining of 40,000 liberal cucks sounds like.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XigdA6k ... tu.be&t=73

So that's what the whining of 40,000 liberal cucks sounds like.
FAR less tears/crying for that.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Who's your Daddaayyyy, Seattle? :D
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Outside of Seth freakin' Rollins, those are my two faves, so I loves this!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

The Undertaker has drifted into the "Historically Bad Hair of Wrestling" category.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Speaking of historically bad:

Can you imagine Michael PS Hayes roaming around the halls of WWE headquarters looking like this with his fanny pack on all the time?
Attachments
michael hayes.jpg
michael hayes.jpg (66.49 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Dude, that fanny pack has got some shit in it.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

That Saudi money got HBK out of retirement.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:Speaking of historically bad:

Can you imagine Michael PS Hayes roaming around the halls of WWE headquarters looking like this with his fanny pack on all the time?
Freebirds were so cool when I was a kid :|
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:Dude, that fanny pack has got some shit in it.
Hard to imagine. Also, hard to imagine how much pussy a prime Michael Hayes was getting in the Southern territories.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:Speaking of historically bad:

Freebirds were so cool when I was a kid :|
Still cool!