June 15th 2017

The daily chat room.
zombie
Administrator

Re: June 15th 2017

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Wonder Woman threw hate at American Sniper/Chris Kyle in the movie. Anything is possible.
was she singling out snipers in particular? i got the sense from hearing / reading reviews that she had a problem with people not being on the battlefield in the thick of it. even calling out generals for that. so it feels like you're digging for a message that isn't there. but i'd have to see the movie, for myself, to be sure.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Wonder Woman threw hate at American Sniper/Chris Kyle in the movie. Anything is possible.
was she singling out snipers in particular? i got the sense from hearing / reading reviews that she had a problem with people not being on the battlefield in the thick of it. even calling out generals for that. so it feels like you're digging for a message that isn't there. but i'd have to see the movie, for myself, to be sure.
and i don't want to continue this if it can't be done in a non-spoilery way. so yeah. i feel that's important to note. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
and i don't want to continue this if it can't be done in a non-spoilery way. so yeah. i feel that's important to note. :P
She chops off a Chris Kyle look-alike head and does a photoshoot with it. Can't get anymore blatant.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
She chops off a Chris Kyle look-alike head and does a photoshoot with it. Can't get anymore blatant.
if it was that blatant, then i'd agree with you and jason, but it would have been noted in the reviews i've come across if that had been the case. :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

http://www.buzznet.com/2017/03/top-30-w ... n-of-2017/

Wait for it......Wait for it........... :lol:
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jmac Attack wrote:http://www.buzznet.com/2017/03/top-30-w ... n-of-2017/

cause hilary clinton? :P otherwise, i don't know what you're getting at...

beauty is subjective. but i think she's a terrible person. so i have a hard time calling her beautiful. some of the others i like quite a bit. but this was clearly aimed heavily toward liberals.

and i missed michelle obama on the list too, on first look. :P so yeah, again, heavily aimed toward liberals.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:

beauty is subjective. but i think she's a terrible person. so i have a hard time calling her beautiful. some of the others i like quite a bit. but this was clearly aimed heavily toward liberals.
Yeah.....because of her. She pops up out of nowhere. I did a spitake when I saw it. It frightened me!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Right after Margot fucking Robbie... We need the puke smiley back, stat! Solid trolling, J-Mac.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jmac Attack wrote:
zombie wrote:

Yeah.....because of her. She pops up out of nowhere. I did a spitake when I saw it. It frightened me!
hehe i think they sandwiched her between margot robbie and dakota johnson to draw attention to it, and they definitely shouldn't have done that. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

if it was done without political bias, ivanka and melania trump should have definitely been included somewhere.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:if it was done without political bias, ivanka and melania trump should have definitely been included somewhere.
Definitely. Melania has that Milf/Cougar thing.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
if it was that blatant, then i'd agree with you and jason, but it would have been noted in the reviews i've come across if that had been the case. :P
Non-spoilery, nope, not blatant at all. It is more of a coverage of snipers in general, and it was really small compared to her calling generals cowards hiding in offices (essentially).
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:so joss whedon came on to finish up justlice league for zack snyder. and now he's replaced junkie xl with danny elfman for the score...

https://youtu.be/g-alzyvTtVE?t=80
Joss coming on to finish JL is old news, and he's stated it's still Zack's movie and he's keeping Zack's tone for consistency. People are getting worried over nothing there.

I am worried about Junkie Xl dropping out and has-been Elfman jumping in.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
They made the sniper in the movie a fairly unlikable, drunken doofus. When she meets him, she has to be explained what a sniper does, she is then disgusted and calls him a coward.

Subtle, but obvious. This was one of the most common forms of whining the liberals had with American Sniper.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Snyder has to leave the project due to the death of his daughter and Whedon is using the opportunity to rape his baby.
uh huh. it sucks. and i think it's gonna cause a backlash with his proposed batgirl movie too. meh.
Zack's the one in a no-win situation. If JL fails, he gets blamed. If it succeeds, people will say it's because of Joss's reshoots (nevermind the shoots were already decided when Zack was still there).
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If Whedon can keep the politics out its an upgrade in my opinion.
even if the movie ended up sucking, it was still snyder's vision. it was his mistake to make. it was his movie, not whedon's, wb didn't replace snyder, they just brought whedon in to finish the film as a favor to snyder. don't change course, just bring it home kind of thing. that's my thought on it anyway.
I may of misunderstood on how much was completed already.
Still coming out in November last I checked, that's how far along it is.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:so joss whedon came on to finish up justlice league for zack snyder. and now he's replaced junkie xl with danny elfman for the score...

https://youtu.be/g-alzyvTtVE?t=80
Joss coming on to finish JL is old news, and he's stated it's still Zack's movie and he's keeping Zack's tone for consistency. People are getting worried over nothing there.

I am worried about Junkie Xl dropping out and has-been Elfman jumping in.
well yeah, i know joss coming onto finish it up is old news. i just was using that for context, as to why he was involved at all with kicking junkie xl off of the score. that's the part i have a problem with.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:i guess i should have expected this to turn completely ridiculous and hyperbolic. :P
If we keep hitting the liberal utopia checklist, it might actually be quite bitchin'. :P Which superperson (can't be hero as it's sexist) should be all about the hashish? The Flash or is that too easy?
barbara gordon, post joker encounter for a pro-medical marijuana message. :P
Bullseye
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Snyder has to leave the project due to the death of his daughter and Whedon is using the opportunity to rape his baby.
uh huh. it sucks. and i think it's gonna cause a backlash with his proposed batgirl movie too. meh.
Zack's the one in a no-win situation. If JL fails, he gets blamed. If it succeeds, people will say it's because of Joss's reshoots (nevermind the shoots were already decided when Zack was still there).
you don't think it will hurt joss? i mean any sort of left message at all is going to be blamed on joss. (if the silly hyperbole from earlier is an indication) and if anything seems out of place, it's going to be seen as tampering too. on top of the replacing composers thing. i don't like it for either of them, honestly.

still, i hope the movie is good, however it turns out.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

My number 1 is at least at 10, so there's something.

*sees 6*

What a fucking troll job.