The Incheon Report

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: The Incheon Report

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:We all gotta die sometime, Seb. Besides, they made out of The Day After Tomorrow alright. :P

P sure we’re gonna go the Fifth Element/Jetsons route and live in the sky after we pummel mother earth and make her tap into submission.
Ideally I’d like my kids to get a chance to make it past 35 before they are faced with massive famine, disaster and death. Could be just me that has kids and so cares a bit longer term but I’d have thought that our planet staying healthy would be a global Priority. There’s basic upside too, but the reduction in disaster costs and refugee costs alone is worth taking it seriously beyond the obvious humanitarian commitment.
Oh it's gonna take a lot longer than that for shit to go to pot. And what I'd say, we're gonna live in the sky. It's just in our nature to fuck this joint up.
It really isn’t going to take much longer though is it. Given the issues are already mounting.
Dude, you're talking about an impending apocalypse right around the corner... come on. I'm with Tigg, we're affecting/fucking this place up, but I think you'll find that if you are lucky enough to live into old age and see your grandbabies and all that, that the vast majority of us/things are not doomsday.
Even if they’re only half right, these things paint an atrocious picture. It’s not just Africa and Asia that get impacted. It’s easy to assume Europe would be fine and just carry on but there’s only so many failed crops and dead fish that can work before our lives are impacted.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... el-1026228

Multiple huge homes sucking up tons of power, private jetting all over the place. These dudes are frauds.

Al Gore left the White House worth less than $2m. He has amassed a $300m fortune since.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote: It changes nothing in isolation though it would set a good example. But I don’t know what he does or doesn’t do.

If the report is to be believed then everyone has to do things more or less. So it does matter. But it struck me as your question being one relating to Al Gore and hypocrisy which doesn’t matter. :P
if everyone takes the approach of sticking to their lifestyle because it changes nothing in isolation, then that does have an effect and an impact. if a public figure speaks out, but then is shown to continue doing things that are supposed to be contributing to the problem, what are we to take from that?

hypocrisy does matter. saying one thing and then doing another does matter. if foo and jason saw al gore (and other public figures) making changes, do you think that could lead them to see this as potentially more of a concern than they do now?
I would like to think he does stuff personally like many others. But I can’t say for sure. Foo and Jason and all skeptics will grasp any minor hypocrisy or ambiguity to try and ignore the scientific research that paint a clear picture of an actual disaster in the making. The standard cant be to have only saints lead the fight or concede the fight and die.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

How about air conditioning? We could set a universal standard of 84 degrees. 78 with proof of respiratory or other condition that requires cooler air. In the winter, 60 degree heat cap.

That would be HUGE in terms of impact to the environment.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:How about air conditioning? We could set a universal standard of 84 degrees. 78 with proof of respiratory or other condition that requires cooler air. In the winter, 60 degree heat cap.

If it will have an impact then 100% on board
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:How about air conditioning? We could set a universal standard of 84 degrees. 78 with proof of respiratory or other condition that requires cooler air. In the winter, 60 degree heat cap.

If it will have an impact then 100% on board
Of course it will as you are using less energy.

Go ahead and start. I already do this to acclimate for the food truck.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Also, for a small fee, I will protect your community from BugBears. They are coming, I assure you, but I know how to keep them away. Will just be a small percent of your income. Can you afford to not believe me? They will kill your children.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The UK has mandated smart meters to encourage energy awareness. Appears to work a bit at least
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:We all gotta die sometime, Seb. Besides, they made out of The Day After Tomorrow alright. :P

P sure we’re gonna go the Fifth Element/Jetsons route and live in the sky after we pummel mother earth and make her tap into submission.
Ideally I’d like my kids to get a chance to make it past 35 before they are faced with massive famine, disaster and death. Could be just me that has kids and so cares a bit longer term but I’d have thought that our planet staying healthy would be a global Priority. There’s basic upside too, but the reduction in disaster costs and refugee costs alone is worth taking it seriously beyond the obvious humanitarian commitment.
Oh it's gonna take a lot longer than that for shit to go to pot. And what I'd say, we're gonna live in the sky. It's just in our nature to fuck this joint up.
It really isn’t going to take much longer though is it. Given the issues are already mounting.
Dude, you're talking about an impending apocalypse right around the corner... come on. I'm with Tigg, we're affecting/fucking this place up, but I think you'll find that if you are lucky enough to live into old age and see your grandbabies and all that, that the vast majority of us/things are not doomsday.
Even if they’re only half right, these things paint an atrocious picture. It’s not just Africa and Asia that get impacted. It’s easy to assume Europe would be fine and just carry on but there’s only so many failed crops and dead fish that can work before our lives are impacted.
Then we eat each other. Mozoltov!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:The UK has mandated smart meters to encourage energy awareness. Appears to work a bit at least
I am talking real steps, not bullshit. Real change through real sacrifice. Want to change the world, stop eating meat, drinking coke, and traveling, and climate controlling living space.

How much energy does the post office waste delivering mail? How much energy does Amazon waste delivering billions of packages? Computer games with massive servers sucking more power than hundreds of homes. Fortnite alone has over 50 million players, those server banks have to use up enough energy to power a small neighborhood.

Google alone uses the energy equivalent to over 200,000 homes.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Oh fuck that non-sense.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Or how about telling idiots who can't afford to take care of their kids anyway to stop breeding? Look up all the countries with the highest birth rates, and you will notice they are not only among the poorest, but also among the nations that would be most impacted by climate change. Should shitholes in Africa have the highest birth rates? They can't support themselves now.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
I would like to think he does stuff personally like many others. But I can’t say for sure. Foo and Jason and all skeptics will grasp any minor hypocrisy or ambiguity to try and ignore the scientific research that paint a clear picture of an actual disaster in the making. The standard cant be to have only saints lead the fight or concede the fight and die.
no, that can't be the standard. the standard should be just moving toward more conservation as a nation. flying less. driving less. making it more practical to cut back on both, in the day to day would go a long way, but that doesn't look to be the case.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
no, that can't be the standard. the standard should be just moving toward more conservation as a nation. flying less. driving less. making it more practical to cut back on both, in the day to day would go a long way, but that doesn't look to be the case.
or:

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
or:

wanna save the planet? kill a bunch of people. that should have been trump's slogan.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:wanna save the planet? kill a bunch of people. that should have been trump's slogan.
iz joke. plz laff
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:wanna save the planet? kill a bunch of people. that should have been trump's slogan.
iz joke. plz laff
you don't think mine was a joke too?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
iz joke. plz laff
70%? :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
iz joke. plz laff
70%? :p
that might be a high number.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

When life sucks, at least you can fuck a lot
Not removing until John Elway is fired.