The October Challenge Discussion Thread 2018

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread 2018

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

That stache Christopher Lee is rocking is fucking epic.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

The entire back of the dvd is a lie. No original audio or subtitles and even the run time isn't correct.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:That stache Christopher Lee is rocking is fucking epic.
Alot of grunts and moans didn't care for it
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:That stache Christopher Lee is rocking is fucking epic.
Alot of grunts and moans didn't care for it
From the bum? Yeah, he grunts a lot. I'm enjoying the movie, in spite of a few lull patches.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

the cannibal bum thing feels like a prequel to C.H.U.D. lol
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Finally giving Stephen King's Cell a shot, even though I've heard nothing good about it.
Very disappointing.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

flyingspider wrote:I do not care what anyone else says about Dead Silence, 2007...I liked this one a lot, and never saw the ending coming...cool!
I need to rewatch that one. I remember very little other than that I liked it well enough.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Okay, the bum's grunting has been getting louder and more grating.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Monster wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Finally giving Stephen King's Cell a shot, even though I've heard nothing good about it.
Very disappointing.
I guess considering how bad I heard it was, it was more of a pleasant surprise, but I still gave it a C- lol
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Dead Silence is a solid "Little Killer Thriller" (damn, that has a good ring to it). Probably make my top ten of the genre.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'd need to refresh myself with Dead Silence. Didn't think it was bad, but it's my least favorite James Wan movie so far. Also, I still dig the "Knee High Bastard" subgenre title :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

This opening is like the lovechild of the original Halloween and Manhunter.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I'd need to refresh myself with Dead Silence. Didn't think it was bad, but it's my least favorite James Wan movie so far. Also, I still dig the "Knee High Bastard" subgenre title :P
I remember Luna really digging that one. I know this because she scolded me for giving it a "meh" review, lol. She was nice, as always, though! I need to watch it again too. I don't recall it being horrible.

Of Wan's movies he directed, I have only seen Dead Silence, Saw, The Conjuring, and Insidious 1 and 2. I would put Insidious 2, below Dead Silence. I loved the 1st one. Maybe I need to watch them back to back?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I'd need to refresh myself with Dead Silence. Didn't think it was bad, but it's my least favorite James Wan movie so far. Also, I still dig the "Knee High Bastard" subgenre title :P
I remember Luna really digging that one. I know this because she scolded me for giving it a "meh" review, lol. She was nice, as always, though! I need to watch it again too. I don't recall it being horrible.

Of Wan's movies he directed, I have only seen Dead Silence, Saw, The Conjuring, and Insidious 1 and 2. I would put Insidious 2, below Dead Silence. I loved the 1st one. Maybe I need to watch them back to back?
Go watch Death Sentence. A new adaption of the original Death Wish book (or was it an adaption of the second book, but acting as a stand alone? can't remember), but with Kevin fuck'n Bacon. Pretty kick ass.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Go watch Death Sentence. A new adaption of the original Death Wish book (or was it an adaption of the second book, but acting as a stand alone? can't remember), but with Kevin fuck'n Bacon. Pretty kick ass.
I second this. Phenomenal movie.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:

Ooooooooh.....and it has John Goodman, and one of my favorite hotties of all time.....Kelly Preston. Damn, I love her titties lol.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Major problem with not caring about the leads in this movie. If they really acted like this in the real story, god damn.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Ooooooooh.....and it has John Goodman, and one of my favorite hotties of all time.....Kelly Preston. Damn, I love her titties lol.
Most underrated movie of the 2000s. Watch that shit. Amazing movie.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Most underrated movie of the 2000s. Watch that shit. Amazing movie.
Too bad it ain't horror. Might have to wait until November.