Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Dude, that fanny pack has got some shit in it.
Hard to imagine. Also, hard to imagine how much pussy a prime Michael Hayes was getting in the Southern territories.
Hayes and Magnum T.A. killing all the ass down south
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Dude, that fanny pack has got some shit in it.
Hard to imagine. Also, hard to imagine how much pussy a prime Michael Hayes was getting in the Southern territories.
Hayes and Magnum T.A. killing all the ass down south
They got all the 17+ ass, Ricky Morton got the rest.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

We can't fathom their predicament, tbh. I think this is why HBK cut his off. Didn't want to be one of those wrestlers who just can't let their image go. I don't know why Mick Foley cut his off, though. He had bad wrestling hair in his prime. lol. And why the fuck HHH shaved his is beyond me. Yeah, I get it's because he took the office job for Vince, but his hairline is still pristine and isn't showing any signs of thinning.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:We can't fathom their predicament, tbh. I think this is why HBK cut his off. Didn't want to be one of those wrestlers who just can't let their image go. I don't know why Mick Foley cut his off, though. He had bad wrestling hair in his prime. lol. And why the fuck HHH shaved his is beyond me. Yeah, I get it's because he took the office job for Vince, but his hairline is still pristine and isn't showing any signs of thinning.
Undertaker has had a shaved head recently, and it looked much better. Growing it out and dying it jet black looks awful.

HHH specifically said he did not want to look like Michael Hayes. lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:We can't fathom their predicament, tbh. I think this is why HBK cut his off. Didn't want to be one of those wrestlers who just can't let their image go. I don't know why Mick Foley cut his off, though. He had bad wrestling hair in his prime. lol. And why the fuck HHH shaved his is beyond me. Yeah, I get it's because he took the office job for Vince, but his hairline is still pristine and isn't showing any signs of thinning.
Undertaker has had a shaved head recently, and it looked much better. Growing it out and dying it jet black looks awful.

Yeah, but with HHH his hair was still perfectly fine when he shaved it, and you can still see it is growing in thick and the hair line has not receded.

My hairline receded slightly when I was 19 or 20, but then it started thinning in my mid 20's. I could have kept the hair a little longer and been fine, but with it thinning it just became harder to maintain, spent more time fixing it than I used to. Shaved it all the way off, haven't looked back.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:

Yeah, but with HHH his hair was still perfectly fine when he shaved it, and you can still see it is growing in thick and the hair line has not receded.

My hairline receded slightly when I was 19 or 20, but then it started thinning in my mid 20's. I could have kept the hair a little longer and been fine, but with it thinning it just became harder to maintain, spent more time fixing it than I used to. Shaved it all the way off, haven't looked back.
But his main job is as an executive of a billion dollar company. It is understandable that he would not want to walk around with some ridiculous looking kayfabe hair all the time.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:

But his main job is as an executive of a billion dollar company. It is understandable that he would not want to walk around with some ridiculous looking kayfabe hair all the time.
Yeah, but he's still taking roids. lol.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:

Yeah, but he's still taking roids. lol.
It's still rasslin'.

Can you imagine the amount of steroids Vince has consumed in his lifetime?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hard to imagine. It's such a gray area. So many types of steroids that do different things to the body.

Clearly did nothing to his overall well-being. 73 and in better shape than nearly any 73 year old on the planet.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:Hard to imagine. It's such a gray area. So many types of steroids that do different things to the body.

Clearly did nothing to his overall well-being. 73 and in better shape than nearly any 73 year old on the planet.
I think he is a great endorsement for sensible use. Other than blowing out both quads at the same time, he hasn't shown any ill effects.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And Jesus, that was hilarious.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Roman Reigns is out for awhile due to Leukemia. I hate it for the guy, but I think this could be a potential good step for Vince to see there are more note worthy people that can possibly hold the title and push the company forward instead of keeping it hostage like it's been the past few years.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:Roman Reigns is out for awhile due to Leukemia. I hate it for the guy, but I think this could be a potential good step for Vince to see there are more note worthy people that can possibly hold the title and push the company forward instead of keeping it hostage like it's been the past few years.
Wait, the fuck, Leukemia? God damn. Wish him the best.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I know a lot of people hate and are critical of Roman, and I get what you're saying, Havok, but this ain't the way. Vince decides it all and this just sucks.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Reign in Blood wrote:I know a lot of people hate and are critical of Roman, and I get what you're saying, Havok, but this ain't the way. Vince decides it all and this just sucks.
I know it's ultimately up to Vince, i'm just saying I hope he can see the dollar signs from somebody else. Don't just stick to one person for a five year span, look what happens. Something comes up and you're stuck with hardly any real top guys except DX, Lesnar and Taker.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Talent pool is weak and you can only do so much in PG era. Roman is one of the best in a weak ass era of WWE.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Jason wrote:Talent pool is weak and you can only do so much in PG era. Roman is one of the best in a weak ass era of WWE.
The talent pool isn't weak at all. They just water them down and kill their characters on the main roster. I like Rusev and all they do is give him Cuck storylines with Lana. It's stupid as hell since he was massively over with Rusev Day. They can't handle anything organic and when they capitalize on it, it dies a painful death and doesn't help anybody in the long run. American Alpha (Jason Jordan/Chad Gable) was putting on some great matches in NXT and they squandered on the main roster. Now one has a neck injury and may never wrestle and the other is paired with Bobby Roode for no good reason.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

The way their playing up Roman tonight it feels like if he manages to return he'll get a Cena level type return pop at a future rumble.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Havok wrote:Roman Reigns is out for awhile due to Leukemia. I hate it for the guy, but I think this could be a potential good step for Vince to see there are more note worthy people that can possibly hold the title and push the company forward instead of keeping it hostage like it's been the past few years.
This is the WWE as it will be now and moving forward. Half of tonight's show feels like a public service announcement. Segments about Roman's leukemia, the "Women's Revolution", Susan Komen pink ropes bullshit.

If it was 1980's NWA, they would have not wasted the leukemia and would have had Strowman snap his neck or break his leg to put him on the shelf. How awesome would it have been to have a Bray Wyatt beat down followed by a fireball to his face?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It just feels weak to me, from what I've seen. But I was spoiled as a wrestling fan, and only watched religiously for almost 10 straight years during the golden era of the Monday Night Wars, Attitude era etc... Most of the shit now is just cringey as hell. Enzo and Cass is like WWE's own "Try Not to Cringe" challenge. And I lose every time. The crowd is too involved to the point where I feel like the show is about them, sometimes. The New Day are apparently the hottest tag team in wrestling by far, and their trumpet shit just gets on my nerves. Like a college football game when the band plays that deafening marching band shit after every play. Just stahp.

Alexa Bliss knows how to rock the mic, and she is my current favorite in the entire roster, but they are pushing Ronald so fucking hard that I can't even watch that portion now. As far as Roman, when he worked that crowd for like 8 minutes straight without saying a word, getting boo'd to shit, and saying "This is my yard now" was one of the best things I've seen in wrestling. That triggered crowd all did the collective Miz Girl imitation. It was beautiful.