Blexit

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Blexit

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Lol....Blexit running going smoothly already.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/k ... m-politics
Kanye already Blexited. He will be ok.
Bi-polar as fuck! Weird ass dude.
You know, he is, but he also sends out a lot of good vibes. He reaches out to end beefs, and seems to like a lot of things and speak honestly.

When he spoke about loving Hillary too, and how her campaign of "I'm with her" didn't resonate with him as a man, I think they would be wise to listen. It was a moment of honesty that few people would say out loud in our overly pc world.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"All the while claiming Republicans are racist, meanwhile the Democrats are the party with an equally bad history."

let's discuss! :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

“when I appoint a n----r to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a n----r.”

- LBJ on why he picked Marshall for the supreme court over an arguably more qualified black man

Again, furthering the idea about what Dems in power were really after.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-johns ... hts-racism

But, you know, Trump tweets bad things!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-johns ... hts-racism

so someone who associates with african americans can still be a racist?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"But that wouldn’t be true. Johnson was a man of his time, and bore those flaws as surely as he sought to lead the country past them. " so he tried to be bigger than himself? cool.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:

More like an expose of the modern Democrat's motivation. Kinda like passing a law affirming marriage is between a man and a woman only, and then seeing an opportunity and jumping on the gay rights movement ten years later.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

More like an expose of the modern Democrat's motivation. Kinda like passing a law affirming marriage is between a man and a woman only, and then seeing an opportunity and jumping on the gay rights movement ten years later.
maybe. although with lbj, i think he was a product of his time, but trying to move the country in a better direction too. though that is from msnbc, so i don't expect you to view it that way.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

maybe. although with lbj, i think he was a product of his time, but trying to move the country in a better direction too. though that is from msnbc, so i don't expect you to view it that way.
I don't think someone can be hateful and disrespectful, and then chalk it up to nothing. Particularly when other prominent people state he claimed an ulterior motive.

Basically, the Democrat strategy for the past 50 years has been to pander to minorities while they rob them blind. Lots of them preaching equality while becoming so stinking rich at public service jobs it is mind blowing.

Ask yourself how Nancy Pelosi, who has never held a job outside of politics, going from intern, to DNC worker, to house rep, has massed $20M in net worth. Or how Maxine Waters, again, has never held a job outside of politics has a $4M home and has paid her family well over a million dollars to do things like mailing postcards.

On the flip side, I give credit to Chuck Schumer. He is a lifelong politician, but his home and apparent net worth reflects a guy who has not been corrupt.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

I don't think someone can be hateful and disrespectful, and then chalk it up to nothing. Particularly when other prominent people state he claimed an ulterior motive.

Basically, the Democrat strategy for the past 50 years has been to pander to minorities while they rob them blind. Lots of them preaching equality while becoming so stinking rich at public service jobs it is mind blowing.

Ask yourself how Nancy Pelosi, who has never held a job outside of politics, going from intern, to DNC worker, to house rep, has massed $20M in net worth. Or how Maxine Waters, again, has never held a job outside of politics has a $4M home and has paid her family well over a million dollars to do things like mailing postcards.

On the flip side, I give credit to Chuck Schumer. He is a lifelong politician, but his home and apparent net worth reflects a guy who has not been corrupt.
you think that donald trump can be hateful and disrespectful and then chalk it up to nothing. but i wasn't. lbj was racist in a time when racism was the norm. (much like gay bashing was the norm for a long time and it reflected in how people spoke. etc)

perhaps you're right, though, that he was being underhanded. and that dems still are. (i think there is a lot of truth there) so you have to look at the full landscape. what are republicans or conservatives doing to help out african americans? what were they doing to help in lbj's time?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

you think that donald trump can be hateful and disrespectful and then chalk it up to nothing. but i wasn't. lbj was racist in a time when racism was the norm. (much like gay bashing was the norm for a long time and it reflected in how people spoke. etc)

perhaps you're right, though, that he was being underhanded. and that dems still are. (i think there is a lot of truth there) so you have to look at the full landscape. what are republicans or conservatives doing to help out african americans? what were they doing to help in lbj's time?
I would say Trump means what he says. I also think the sane was true of lbj. He meant it when he said he was doing it for his party, not because it was the right thing to do.

Is racism not racism? Why is it when it is a democrat, you have to look at relativity? Would Trump get a pass because he is 70?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

I would say Trump means what he says. I also think the sane was true of lbj. He meant it when he said he was doing it for his party, not because it was the right thing to do.

Is racism not racism? Why is it when it is a democrat, you have to look at relativity? Would Trump get a pass because he is 70?

lbj was certainly a racist. is trump a racist?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Probably not. He received awards for just the opposite, was pictured many times being friendly with black civil rights leaders, and had a great reputation right up until he became a political enemy to people.

Now if you are talking in the absolute sense where we all harbor some racism, then yes.

I also am not a big fan of throwing the term around. It takes more than a bad joke or misunderstanding to get branded that from me.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Probably not. He received awards for just the opposite, was pictured many times being friendly with black civil rights leaders, and had a great reputation right up until he became a political enemy to people.

Now if you are talking in the absolute sense where we all harbor some racism, then yes.

I also am not a big fan of throwing the term around. It takes more than a bad joke or misunderstanding to get branded that from me.
then he probably doesn't need to be given a pass, as you say.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

To me, this is a great example of how bias gets baked into our subconscious. Is Hillary racist? Probably not. It was awkward but people start with the idea that she is or is not racist and then view that moment in different ways.

If you want racism to go away, quit overusing that card. It has become basically meaningless because we are trying to lump racial statements with racist actions.

Think for a moment how you would react had Trump said exactly what Hillary said.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:

To me, this is a great example of how bias gets baked into our subconscious. Is Hillary racist? Probably not. It was awkward but people start with the idea that she is or is not racist and then view that moment in different ways.

If you want racism to go away, quit overusing that card. It has become basically meaningless because we are trying to lump racial statements with racist actions.

Think for a moment how you would react had Trump said exactly what Hillary said.
do i call racism too often? i guess it's possible, depending on your point of view. i don't like hilary either. i view her as very similar to trump, only less of an unknown, at the time of the election, as far as how she would govern
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

do i call racism too often? i guess it's possible, depending on your point of view. i don't like hilary either. i view her as very similar to trump, only less of an unknown, at the time of the election, as far as how she would govern
Yes, you whine like bad brakes. :)

I doubt we would be on the verge of peace with North Korea. I know we would not have lower taxes. Hard to imagine so much business confidence. Also, his trade agreement work has been outstanding and she would not have touched those agreements.

Also, Trump has the most open presidency we have ever seen with him communicating directly to the public 1,000's of times and taking far more direct and informal questions from the media than past presidents.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Yes, you whine like bad brakes. :)

I doubt we would be on the verge of peace with North Korea. I know we would not have lower taxes. Hard to imagine so much business confidence. Also, his trade agreement work has been outstanding and she would not have touched those agreements.

Also, Trump has the most open presidency we have ever seen with him communicating directly to the public 1,000's of times and taking far more direct and informal questions from the media than past presidents.
point taken. i'll only call racism, when you call injustice about some casting of a film or tv show. :P

so all those you know we wouldn't have had under hilary. it doesn't disprove what i said in any little bit.