Cop Who Murdered Philando Castile Acquitted

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Cop Who Murdered Philando Castile Acquitted

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:So far in all his disgusting smearing, Foo has yet to make a case that they weren't innocent victims. He's trying really hard but he just can't get there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vq_k0yqq88
now we're gonna use (fictional) religious extremists as the example to follow? :P
Oh come on, you know that was good for the whole victims vs. murderer etc. shit. :P
yeah, it was a pretty good jab.
It wasn't meant as a jab, but there is nuance and gray to this shit.
agreed. i think that head and seb are pretty nuanced with their arguments.
When I said gray I was talking about the quote box.
Innocence doesn't exist in a vacuum. So what is the crime we're retroactively putting him on trial for by justifying his killing?
I agree with Tigg, this cop for Castile should have got manslaughter.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:So far in all his disgusting smearing, Foo has yet to make a case that they weren't innocent victims. He's trying really hard but he just can't get there.
now we're gonna use (fictional) religious extremists as the example to follow? :P
Oh come on, you know that was good for the whole victims vs. murderer etc. shit. :P
it's a great big white world and we are drained of our colors. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Innocence doesn't exist in a vacuum. So what is the crime we're retroactively putting him on trial for by justifying his killing?
To me that's such a "ldo" I think pretty much everyone here concurs with that except Foo, who probably thinks the cop should have kept his job and gotten a raise.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
it's a great big white world and we are drained of our colors. :P
I know! All this talk of white guilt, and Jason fucked us out the white-ness! That pos...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'm pushing rhetorical buttons by calling it murder because I think we're too desensitized to the idea of cops killing people. I don't actually think the cop should have been charged with anything beyond manslaughter.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Funny thing is only one person has ever talked about white guilt on this forum and it isn't me. :lol:

I don't believe in "white guilt" even a little bit.
Last edited by Headhunter on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
To me that's such a "ldo" I think pretty much everyone here concurs with that except Foo, who probably thinks the cop should have kept his job and gotten a raise.
Well I don't know whatcha want. I didn't come in to debate the obvious, I really just came in here to try and make things a little more light-hearted with my seven link and my gray is all about the quote box and shiz. I can start brow-beatin' mexicans to get Jason's ass in here, but let's not. :mrgreen:
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Funny thing is only one person has ever talked about white guilt on this forum and it isn't me. :lol:

But you clearly have it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Well I don't know whatcha want. I didn't come in to debate the obvious, I really just came in here to try and make things a little more light-hearted with my seven link and my gray is all about the quote box and shiz. I can start brow-beatin' mexicans to get Jason's ass in here, but let's not. :mrgreen:
I'm just always interested in your takes, not trying to be demanding or anything. Your fairness in these convos when you want to be serious is refreshing, don't sell yourself short.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Funny thing is only one person has ever talked about white guilt on this forum and it isn't me. :lol:

But you clearly have it.
Has there ever been a person as obsessed with the idea of white guilt as you? You bring it up so often. It's really weird and I'm not sure what you think we can do to help you get through it.

Why do you feel guilt for actions you're not responsible for?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My take is the absolute highest offense for the cop would be manslaughter, but that this negative cop story was sought out because of all the police discussion in this board.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

My take is that no, I posted it because it was big news and there were large scale protests. Headlines everywhere. You'd have to have no internet access to "seek it out".
Last edited by Headhunter on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

But you clearly have it.
Has there ever been a person as obsessed with the idea of white guilt as you? You bring it up so often. It's really weird and I'm not sure what you think we can do to help you get through it.

I've brought up white guilt as it pertains to you three times at the most. That's an average of once every ten years in my life. I am not obsessed with white guilt, I've just called you out on it before, because you have it,
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:My take is the absolute highest offense for the cop would be manslaughter, but that this negative cop story was sought out because of all the police discussion in this board.
a negative story about a cop is not meant to smear all cops. would you argue similarly, if it was a story about a doctor who killed someone?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:My take is the absolute highest offense for the cop would be manslaughter, but that this negative cop story was sought out because of all the police discussion in this board.
a negative story about a cop is not meant to smear all cops. would you argue similarly, if it was a story about a doctor who killed someone?
How often do we see news articles about doctors misdiagnosing someone and killing them? Never, and it happens often.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

But you clearly have it.

I've brought up white guilt as it pertains to you three times at the most. That's an average of once every ten years. I am not obsessed with white guilt, I've just called you out on it before, because you have it,
Really, you've known me for 30 years?

It's all been in the last year too. I roll my eyes every time you bring it up. "Here goes Jason, accusing me of some bullshit as part of a guilty conscience projection". Honestly, you really gotta get over it. Trying to make your obsession about me won't help you. Take responsibility for yourself, stop being selfish.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
How often do we see news articles about doctors misdiagnosing someone and killing them? Never, and it happens often.
we should see it, when it happens. but pointing fault at a single person does not mean that you're blaming everyone who holds that same profession, or of the field as a whole.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

But you clearly have it.

I've brought up white guilt as it pertains to you three times at the most. That's an average of once every ten years. I am not obsessed with white guilt, I've just called you out on it before, because you have it,

It's all been in the last year too. I roll my eyes every time you bring it up. "Here goes Jason, accusing me of some bullshit as part of a guilty conscience projection". Honestly, you really gotta get over it. Trying to make your obsession about me won't help you. Take responsibility for yourself, stop being selfish.
You say I am a person obsessed with white guilt. I have brought it up maybe three times in my life, for an average of once every ten years.

Stop having white guilt and I'll stop bringing it up. I didn't even bring it up and here we are talking about it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
we should see it, when it happens. but pointing fault at a single person does not mean that you're blaming everyone who holds that same profession, or of the field as a whole.
Also consider how insane it is that we should ever have to explain the bolded part. As a forum consisting of adults.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

But you clearly have it.

You say I am a person obsessed with white guilt. I have brought it up maybe three times in my life, for an average of once every ten years.

Stop having white guilt and I'll stop bringing it up. I didn't even bring it up and here we are talking about it.
Oh I followed up on Reign's point because I knew you'd come running in here ready to overcompensate to your heart's content. Literally never brought it up once otherwise, but you clearly think about it all the time. You want me to have white guilt, that's clear. You're actually obsessed with me having it. You want it to be true soooo badly. Why? What's going on with you exactly? :idea: