Happy

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Dream
Charter Member

Happy

Post by Dream »

Have any of you watched this?

I have no fucking idea what to think or what I'm watching but I've watched 7 of 8 episodes tonight and I am intrigued.

I'm still not sure if I like it or not but it's basically a big bowl of "what the fuck?" and Christmas.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Happy

Post by showa58taro »

Is it the magical unicorn alcoholic thing?
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

showa58taro wrote:Is it the magical unicorn alcoholic thing?

Yes. I went in not expecting much, and I got a lot of death and mayhem and an actual storyline, which I wasn't expecting.

Overall I dug it and want to see what happens in the next season.

The basic rundown (slight spoilers of plot following):
Plot of show
Cop has a seriously fucked up case where it's implied, but not outright shown, that he kills a guy who beat his girlfriend/wife to death and microwaved his baby after numerous other domestic dispute calls to their house where the guy got off on all of the other incidents because of his connections. Cop goes off the deep end and ends up a divorced alcoholic/addict hitman working for the mafia. He's finishing up a hit job and has a heart attack.

Little girl is at a kid's tv show event thing where she was with her mom, but slips away and is kidnapped by a deranged Santa Clause. She has an imaginary friend that is a flying unicorn named Happy. The imaginary friend goes to get help for the little girl and finds her dad, the disgraced cop, in the back of an ambulance half-dead. The cop can see the unicorn and thinks it's just an "I'm dying and hallucinating" thing. Cop can still see magical unicorn after basic recovery from the heart attack and the unicorn tries to convince him the little girl is his daughter, but he doesn't believe it because when he and his wife split they didn't have any kids.

He ends up using the unicorn to beat a gun runner in poker he was forced to play in order to get money and guns to skip town because the mafia boss is after him due to a fuck up on the earlier hit he was working. Imaginary friends get tortured and killed. Children get tortured somewhat. (and I believe one gets blown up but that's never actually stated as definite...)

It's fucking weird and I'm not sure if I love it or if I'm just so weirded out by it that I want to see where it goes, like watching a car crash as you drive by it.

Spoiler tags are ridiculously complicated.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Very weird but I really liked it. I saw Patton Oswald attached to it so assumed it would be a silly comedy and it was definitely way more and way better.

Ended up one of those random finds that was just enjoyable to watch. Think it’s wprth persevering
Go