The Tick

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

The Tick

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Amazon just released the new live action Tick series. It's only six episodes, and they run roughly 22 minutes each, so it is a quick watch. The Tick's suit was really shitty in the first episode, but they made it better after that, though I'm still not a fan of it. I went in with low expectations since the last live action series was absolute garbage, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was laughing at all the goofy shit going on. I definitely recommend watching it if you were a fan of the old cartoon.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: The Tick

Post by Jmac Attack »

As soon as I clicked this thread, a commercial for this series popped up. It just might be in the stars for me to check it out.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:Amazon just released the new live action Tick series. It's only six episodes, and they run roughly 22 minutes each, so it is a quick watch. The Tick's suit was really shitty in the first episode, but they made it better after that, though I'm still not a fan of it. I went in with low expectations since the last live action series was absolute garbage, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was laughing at all the goofy shit going on. I definitely recommend watching it if you were a fan of the old cartoon.

Yay! I had so little hope of this being decent. I haven't started watching it yet, but I probably will on my next day off.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I was looking forward to this. Must watch now. Will try to get Ceri involved.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Saw it. Excellent little series. Will watch season 2. Good overall fun and a few laugh out loud moments.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Just finished season 2. Good shit. It's getting a bit more wacky like the cartoon now, I just hope they eventually bring in someone from the cartoon. I was fully expecting Sewer Urchin to pop up, but no dice. There was even a moment I thought Thrakkorzog might show up, but again, I was disappointed. Still, this season was a step in the right direction.

I'd kill for a cameo by The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight, though.