Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Jason
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:I'm in the middle of All in the Family season one. Already shaping up to be among the all-time greatest sitcoms. Really good first four or five episodes. The last two I watched were fantastic.
Oh for the love of god...

We don't have to be a regressive society and lie to ourselves. The Twilight Zone is great, most everything else pre-Simpsons is hot garbage.
Bewitched, Genie, I Love Lucy, sure. All in the Family, M*A*S*H, not so much. Those two are excellence. Sanford/Andy Griffith are also good shit.
What are we doing here? There is no reason for anyone who didn't grow up on this shit to be deep diving into the Norman Lear TV universe. Why not go all-out and just become Amish?
What are you talking about? I grew up watching all the shit I mentioned,

Can't speak for Gunsmoke or Bonanza, but Have Gun - Will Travel and Hopalong Cassidy are pretty entertaining old westerns.
Being a weird kid who watched re-runs of old sitcoms does not make you look better.

Jesus fucking Christ...
You never watched TV Land, you fuckin homo?
Absolutely not, but do tell about how riveting the Lawrence Welk Show was.
Never heard of her.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

All in the Family is an excellent show. This is the supposed "golden era" of TV, but a sitcom today would absolutely never allow this kind of show to air.

Example:

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

The fuck, I actually clicked to watch Gunsmoke so I could reminisce with Charlie and Cool Breeze, and it tells me I don't have that channel. They want me to pay for some shit that should be public access, lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

There are hipster doofuses out there just like Headward or say the same shit, but with music. "Metallica, what is that?"

Why would you listen to bands like Sabbath, Zeppelin or The Doors when Demi Lovato and Imagine Dragons are out there?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

This is lame. I'm out.....
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:There are hipster doofuses out there just like Headward or say the same shit, but with music. "Metallica, what is that?"

Why would you listen to bands like Sabbath, Zeppelin or The Doors when Demi Lovato and Imagine Dragons are out there?
Except that the trajectory of quality in TV is absolutely nothing like music and movies. It's more like the evolution of man from the Stone Age.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:All in the Family is an excellent show. This is the supposed "golden era" of TV, but a sitcom today would absolutely never allow this kind of show to air.

Example:

Sitcoms are irrelevant when there are a hundred awesome shows on HBO, FX, Showtime, Netflix, Prime etc.

I don't care what sitcoms were like when there were three major stations and everyone had to watch the same shit. We're better than that now.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:The fuck, I actually clicked to watch Gunsmoke so I could reminisce with Charlie and Cool Breeze, and it tells me I don't have that channel. They want me to pay for some shit that should be public access, lol.
You know, I bet you could find all five billion episodes on some YouTube playlist.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:All in the Family is an excellent show. This is the supposed "golden era" of TV, but a sitcom today would absolutely never allow this kind of show to air.

Example:

Sitcoms are irrelevant when there are a hundred awesome shows on HBO, FX, Showtime, Netflix, Prime etc.

I don't care what sitcoms were like when there were three major stations and everyone had to watch the same shit. We're better than that now.
Are you saying England is not a country of fagdom?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Example:

Are you saying England is not a country of fagdom?
They do smoke a loooooooot of cigarettes, so yes.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

It's funny because All in the Family is liberal as fuck. I mean, every message of that show is draped in liberal leanings. However......they weren't sensitive pussies. Lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:It's funny because All in the Family is liberal as fuck. I mean, every message of that show is draped in liberal leanings. However......they weren't sensitive pussies. Lol.
It is pretty center. When you counter Mike (Rob Reiner, lib), with Archie it makes for a neutral show. They are constantly arguing and the bickering is beautiful. Edith is the unsung hero of the show, as she says the perfect stupid thing to bring the tension down. The creators were liberal, but didn't think the majority of the audience would side with Archie. There's a reason he's the iconic character in film/TV history, and Mike is not...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

In fact, the last episode I watched consisted of Mike conceding to Archie and they come together and bash Mike's lazy, hippy friends. Great shit.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:It's funny because All in the Family is liberal as fuck. I mean, every message of that show is draped in liberal leanings. However......they weren't sensitive pussies. Lol.
It is pretty center. When you counter Mike (Rob Reiner, lib), with Archie it makes for a neutral show. They are constantly arguing and the bickering is beautiful. Edith is the unsung hero of the show, as she says the perfect stupid thing to bring the tension down. The creators were liberal, but didn't think the majority of the audience would side with Archie. There's a reason he's the iconic character in film/TV history, and Mike is not...
Nah....I agree. Carrol o Connor in real life would vote for AOC. I'm an old school liberal. With a few conservative leanings.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

No. He fucking wouldn't vote for AOC. Lol. Would you vote for that dumbass?

70s democrats are faaar different than today's democrats. The paradigm shift is taking place. They're a completely different party.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

The ghost of Carroll and everyone he ever voted for just told J-Mac to go fuck himself.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:No. He fucking wouldn't vote for AOC. Lol. Would you vote for that dumbass?

70s democrats are faaar different than today's democrats. The paradigm shift is taking place. They're a completely different party.
Okey dokey then? Lol.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:The ghost of Carroll and everyone he ever voted for just told J-Mac to go fuck himself.
I already tried that. Weiner wouldn't reach lol.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

You guys love you some liberal TV shows. It's ok! Lol
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:No. He fucking wouldn't vote for AOC. Lol. Would you vote for that dumbass?

I do agree that both parties can go fuck themselves. Enjoy your Trump while it lasts. Remember.....Obama started that booming economy first. But let's give Trump credit too. Say it! Say uncle!