Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Jason
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:No. He fucking wouldn't vote for AOC. Lol. Would you vote for that dumbass?

70s democrats are faaar different than today's democrats. The paradigm shift is taking place. They're a completely different party.
I do agree that both parties can go fuck themselves. Enjoy your Trump while it lasts. Remember.....Obama started that booming economy first. But let's give Trump credit too. Say it! Say uncle!
I am itching to hear you explain how. Lol
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Let's redirect this discussion to the utter nonsense that is pre-Simpsons television. Hop along, J-Mac!
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Let's redirect this discussion to the utter nonsense that is pre-Simpsons television. Hop along, J-Mac!
I'll kindly bow out sir. Jason is still all whack though. Lmao. Peace.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Arya's List begins

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Let's redirect this discussion to the utter nonsense that is pre-Simpsons television. Hop along, J-Mac!
I'll kindly bow out sir. Jason is still all whack though. Lmao. Peace.
Too easy to make you say Uncle.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Well outside of the Twilight Zone, what other shows from the lithic age should we discuss? And do we separate out sitcoms from the discussion? Can't exactly talk the brilliance of the Little Rascals in the same breath as Bonanza, know what I mean.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Well outside of the Twilight Zone, what other shows from the lithic age should we discuss? And do we separate out sitcoms from the discussion? Can't exactly talk the brilliance of the Little Rascals in the same breath as Bonanza, know what I mean.
Cartoons and kids' shows are an exception. All the Hanna Barbara stuff and 80s cartoons were really good. The sitcoms are atrocious.

Miami Vice is another one that I don't find to be great in retrospect but it was cool as hell and was a nice time capsule as well as precursor to TV's future.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

15 more minutes :D :D :D
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'll be checking the amazon app if it gets uploaded. Sure hope so. Maybe not at the exact time, but maybe after it airs or the next day.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I'm so tempted to watch it now. Too much basketball though. It'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I'll be checking the amazon app if it gets uploaded. Sure hope so. Maybe not at the exact time, but maybe after it airs or the next day.
I did with Breaking Bad what you're doing with Game of Thrones. Binge-watched the whole thing up until the final season. About 6 weeks before the final episode of Breaking Bad aired, I bought season one on amazon and decided if I liked it enough, I'd buy the rest of the show and wait for the last season to come out on DVD. I got a couple of episodes in before I hurried up and bought all of them. I went out of my way to buy season 2 and 3 in person, I think. Just so I wouldn't have to wait for them to arrive from amazon, and bought 4 & 5 on amazon right away so they'd arrive in time after I'd finished the 3rd.

I finished the series with just enough time to watch the last two episodes as they aired nationally. I was lucky enough that the AMC website was showing the entire Final Season for free, and I got to watch those 6 episodes online before the final two aired. Won't ever forget that experience. I've never been so affected by a TV show in my life the way Breaking Bad did.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Yes! The episode is already up. Alli's supposed to be home in a little bit, I'll wait for her.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Incredibly forgettable episode.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I dug it. Probably because I got to slide right in after binging the whole thing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I had no problem with it also not a lot of action but several interactions I wanted to see happened.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Same old shit they've done to open recent seasons, except now they have to unveil critical info with little time left so those interactions carry some weight. Time to get to business.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

They had 3 fucking years, what the hell they waiting for!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Yeah I could see getting stuck waiting the whole 2 years before this and be like "wtf".
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I love Bran now. Two armies, two dragons, a queen, his brother...all that shit shows up at his front door. What's he do? "We don't have time for this shit. Your dragon's turned, the dead are coming. Let's go." All in complete monotone and with lack of any emotion. So good.

But yeah, you've gotta get the band together so to speak. That shit is the juice for me. Tons of build up and background between all of these characters and they're finally all coming together. The battles are great and all, but this, this is why I watch.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I like the evolving political dynamics of the show more than anything, so I can't be too disappointed as it was always going to end the way pretty much any fantasy world scenario ends.