Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Was Bran warging just to lead the night king to him? Because if there was another purpose it ceased at some point during the whole Raven flying by a dragon thing, no?
That's actually what I think he was doing, using himself as bait.
I’m hoping that’s how that works. Otherwise why didn’t he become the ice dragon? That seems more useful.
I don't think wargs can take over dead things
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Was Bran warging just to lead the night king to him? Because if there was another purpose it ceased at some point during the whole Raven flying by a dragon thing, no?
That's actually what I think he was doing, using himself as bait.
I’m hoping that’s how that works. Otherwise why didn’t he become the ice dragon? That seems more useful.
I don't think wargs can take over dead things
That probably makes sense. I think he still achieved more than Damascus. She really looked bad with a sword. Maybe intentionally but good lord. Take a lesson!

Arya though, pretty badass. I thought her stabbing the night king would damage her arm etc only to recall it wasn’t the witch king of Angmar. :D
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

And I know it’s a minor point but what was the point of sending out the Dothraki, and why face them in open combat on a field instead of within the castle walls. That’s literally the point of a fucking castle!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:And I know it’s a minor point but what was the point of sending out the Dothraki, and why face them in open combat on a field instead of within the castle walls. That’s literally the point of a fucking castle!
I would of used the dragons to soften them up first than send Dothraki in but to be honest they were expendable like the unsullied were. Except Greyworm if I could award a penis to anyone it would be him he is a badass.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Dothraki weren't close quarter fighters anyway, they're out-in-the-open bad asses, and they were hoping that they'd make a real dent due to their reputation.

I got into a semi argument last night with a friend who's been showing signs of major sexism over the past few months, and he's pissed about this last episode because Jon didn't get to take on the Night King. He wanted it predictable vanilla boring resolution and thinks that would've been better writing, going the old and tired trope way. He tried to backpaddle and say he would've been still cool with Arya getting the killing blow, but still wanted Jon to face off (as if the dragon riding battle wasn't enough) and Arya swoops in and saves her brother.

I pointed out that she actually did do that...just a different brother :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I would say I'm disappointed in how Ghost was used though. Was excited to see him out there, then he just disappeared with the Dothraki like he was an extra instead of part of the ensemble.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I expected a real fight between Jon and the Night King with him probably getting the kill. While I would have liked to see them square off, I'm not complaining too much. Arya is an infinitely more interesting character.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Bro-flakes crying over Arya killing the Night King all over the internet.

Insecure dudes are everywhere in nerd culture.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Dothraki weren't close quarter fighters anyway, they're out-in-the-open bad asses, and they were hoping that they'd make a real dent due to their reputation.

I got into a semi argument last night with a friend who's been showing signs of major sexism over the past few months, and he's pissed about this last episode because Jon didn't get to take on the Night King. He wanted it predictable vanilla boring resolution and thinks that would've been better writing, going the old and tired trope way. He tried to backpaddle and say he would've been still cool with Arya getting the killing blow, but still wanted Jon to face off (as if the dragon riding battle wasn't enough) and Arya swoops in and saves her brother.

How’s it go down in the books?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Dothraki weren't close quarter fighters anyway, they're out-in-the-open bad asses, and they were hoping that they'd make a real dent due to their reputation.

Show's been ahead of the books for the past three seasons, meanwhile George R.R. Martin has been binging on coke, Mexican hookers and Philly cheesesteaks. He's never gonna finish them and I for one don't blame him at all.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Btw, GRRM not being British is one of the biggest upsets of all time. I couldn't comprehend it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Show's been ahead of the books for the past three seasons, meanwhile George R.R. Martin has been binging on coke, Mexican hookers and Philly cheesesteaks. He's never gonna finish them and I for one don't blame him at all.
Ah, so that’s what you meant earlier, they’ve gone ahead versus cutting him out or summat. And yeah they could want to end it with Jon going into space and fucking a space mutant, there’d be zero time for another book.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Ah, so that’s what you meant earlier, they’ve gone ahead versus cutting him out or summat. And yeah they could want to end it with Jon going into space and fucking a space mutant, there’d be zero time for another book.
Well they have all of his outlines for how storylines play out but thats very different than hundreds of pages of actual dialogue and detail. All the cool political scheming, betrayals and whatnot really peak in the first few seasons. It's very Hollywood now, nothing subtle left.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And really the first season stands apart from the rest of the show in how small-scale it feels. They got a proper HBO budget after they saw how successful it was going to be. Now they have Marvel budgets.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:And I know it’s a minor point but what was the point of sending out the Dothraki, and why face them in open combat on a field instead of within the castle walls. That’s literally the point of a fucking castle!
I would of used the dragons to soften them up first than send Dothraki in but to be honest they were expendable like the unsullied were. Except Greyworm if I could award a penis to anyone it would be him he is a badass.
I guess they aren’t great as horselords it in a castle. But even then just charging out was pretty senseless. Really a shame.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I would say I'm disappointed in how Ghost was used though. Was excited to see him out there, then he just disappeared with the Dothraki like he was an extra instead of part of the ensemble.
If I have one complaint about Game of Thrones it's misuse of Dire wolves
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:

Never read'em. But what Head said.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The wolf. I forgot he was there in one scene and never seen again. Very odd.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

He showed up at the end!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:He showed up at the end!
Did he?! Where?