Cop Who Murdered Philando Castile Acquitted

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Cop Who Murdered Philando Castile Acquitted

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:One I know for sure that blew up with that (and it wasn't the only one), was the old white guy getting beat up by a bunch of black thugs and them trying to steal his car, with the chick filming egging it on with "He's a Trump Supporter!".

Seb was all "Not racism, not a hate crime. Nothing to see here, he deserved it". And everyone was all hell nah! Even you, zombs! :P
I recall two incidents. The one you mentioned with the black mob beating the hell out of that white dude for voting Trump, and the one where those black kids beat the holy hell out of a mentally retarded white kid.

Before the story broke on the mentally handicapped kid, one of the horse shit media news outlets (CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC) only aired part of the audio and deliberately tried to make it seem like, through the reporter's own commentary, that it was actually white people harming a black kid or some shit.

Not entirely sure who defended it, but it does sound familiar that Seb dismissed it and said that neither incident was racially motivated, or some shit. Could be wrong, but it rings a bell.
And man, I remember that gif I used to post when I'd reference Seb all the time. lol.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:For all the shit I got for not sticking with the legal definition of "murder", Seb is technically correct in his assessment of what a hate crime legally is, which I think was his point. Which doesn't mean white people can't face racism.
i think he was right technically from a legal standpoint. but the legal definition of hate should be updated a bit, is what i found.
Yeah, but why the fuck even bring up what the legal definition of hate crime is? Nobody wants to talk about "Well, TECHNICALLY". This shit was fucking racism, plain as day. I don't give a fuck about legality and what is defined as a hate crime. Not hard to see what that was.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:For all the shit I got for not sticking with the legal definition of "murder", Seb is technically correct in his assessment of what a hate crime legally is, which I think was his point. Which doesn't mean white people can't face racism.
i think he was right technically from a legal standpoint. but the legal definition of hate should be updated a bit, is what i found.
Yeah, but why the fuck even bring up what the legal definition of hate crime is? Nobody wants to talk about "Well, TECHNICALLY". This shit was fucking racism, plain as day. I don't give a fuck about legality and what is defined as a hate crime. Not hard to see what that was.
Because the question was whether or not it was a hate crime, which has legal limits. Racist, yeah.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:One I know for sure that blew up with that (and it wasn't the only one), was the old white guy getting beat up by a bunch of black thugs and them trying to steal his car, with the chick filming egging it on with "He's a Trump Supporter!".

Seb was all "Not racism, not a hate crime. Nothing to see here, he deserved it". And everyone was all hell nah! Even you, zombs! :P
Oh, I'm starting to remember here...

So the argument would have been:

It wasn't racism, as they were attacking him because of Trump, not his skin color.
It isn't a hate-crime because white people are not a protected class of citizen or a minority
He deserved it because he's Trump-supporting scum

The first is technically true, the second is legally accurate, and the third is hyperbole intended to mock Jason for his constant lending of his mouth and anus as a Trump cock-holster. None are that great an argument, really. It was a crime, between races, motivated by hate, and the guy shouldn't have been beaten up. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Because the term "hate crime" is a specific legal phrase, which in the US carries a harsher sentence than a normal crime. Saying it was racist isn't the same as saying it would be considered a hate crime in a court of law.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Pretty sure you brought up hate crime in that incident. Nobody else did.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:

It wasn't racism, as they were attacking him because of Trump, not his skin color.
It isn't a hate-crime because white people are not a protected class of citizen or a minority

The first is technically true, the second is legally accurate, and the third is hyperbole intended to mock Jason for his constant lending of his mouth and anus as a Trump cock-holster. None are that great an argument, really. It was a crime, between races, motivated by hate, and the guy shouldn't have been beaten up. :P
I want to get a "they are scumbags" out of you. "The guy shouldn't have been beaten up" will not suffice!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

I want to get a "they are scumbags" out of you. "The guy shouldn't have been beaten up" will not suffice!
They were scumbags. Beating up an innocent mentally ill (also known as Trump supporting) old man. Scum.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

You're physically incapable of typing it out without throwing shade, aren't you? :p
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:You're physically incapable of typing it out without throwing shade, aren't you? :p
Pretty much. It would give you too much satisfaction. :)