May 23rd 2017

The daily chat room.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: May 23rd 2017

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

My last two posts need approval. They were both in the Introductions board, so that might be a thing.

*Edit: And this one did not, so it must be a board specific thing.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Most likely due to the fact we only allow the right people to introduce themselves. :p

How's your day been thus far, Slaughter?
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:Most likely due to the fact we only allow the right people to introduce themselves. :p

Hectic. I'm taking a vacation starting tomorrow, so I had to make sure everything was good to go while I was gone. Planned out deliveries, transfers, pickups, scheduled tasks for my employees, etc. for the next week. I'm expecting to come back to a fucking mess, but I did what I could. How about you?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Most likely due to the fact we only allow the right people to introduce themselves. :p

Hectic. I'm taking a vacation starting tomorrow, so I had to make sure everything was good to go while I was gone. Planned out deliveries, transfers, pickups, scheduled tasks for my employees, etc. for the next week. I'm expecting to come back to a fucking mess, but I did what I could. How about you?
I work in a super-store, so overall pretty monotonous, but I'll live.

Otherwise, as I said yesterday, after work I've basically just been watching non-horror shows/movies recently, so as you can imagine, it's not the most exciting of lives.

Still, I'd probably prefer boring over hectic, so whatever. :p
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I feel like I'm finally making some groove on my graphic novel. Of course I'm still keeping myself disciplined to not draw a damn thing until I have the entire script done, but it's still nice to finally start getting an outline strung together rather than random notes of ideas. There's actually a fuck'n plot.

I was talking to a friend who self published (not a big publish at all, really, only 45 copies) but she told me that I just need to get over the hangups of "The Simpsons Did It" syndrome. I know all stories have been done, but I keep throwing shit away because I keep going "it's been done" :P Her saying that helped. I can mold it down after I get the structure together.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

zombie wrote:r.i.p. roger moore. we've lost simon templar and a bond at once. :(

Saw that on my last break at work. :(
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Lordy. The fight with getting my avatar up was a frustrating one.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This site is currently a giant dumpster fire. There is extreme difficulty in fixing ANYTHING.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Avatars are back on the right. Weird.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

They're still on the left for me. Slowly going back on the right for each random member here, apparently.

Fuck this site.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:They're still on the left for me. Slowly going back on the right for each random member here, apparently.

Fuck this site.
Patience mate. We will get there.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Patience is not an issue. The issue is worrying about logging in thousands of man hours in fixing the forum, only to watch it seemingly reset itself over time. As far as the shit I fixed (only for it to unfix), I've already wasted a few hours on my end, apparently.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Patience is not an issue. The issue is worrying about logging in thousands of man hours in fixing the forum, only to watch it seemingly reset itself over time. As far as the shit I fixed (only for it to unfix), I've already wasted a few hours on my end, apparently.
I am sure we just need to get it to where we want it and then keep it steady. There are thousands of phpBB forums and none look generic. So it clearly can be done. If you don't want to fix things then just post, the rest of us will work it out.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"If you don't want to fix things"...
I'm gonna punch you.

I already spent hours upon hours fixing shit here, only for half of it to reset on everybody.

"If you don't want to fix things". Ah haha- leave my sight, you ungrateful Euro bastard. Image
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:"If you don't want to fix things"...
I'm gonna punch you.

I already spent hours upon hours fixing shit here, only for half of it to reset on everybody.

"If you don't want to fix things". Ah haha- leave my sight, you ungrateful Euro bastard. Image
Not meant as a slight. I meant it sincerely, if this is doing you head in, take a break from that and I'll se if Reign and I can work it out for us somehow. The forum works with people getting to post. Is it pretty yet, no, but it is functional.

If you feel up to it I'm very grateful for help with all of this stuff. But if hoe it died t drive you away.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jason wrote:They're still on the left for me. Slowly going back on the right for each random member here, apparently.

Fuck this site.
Cleared my cache to test this and it moved them back to the right. So yeah, something got changed, and it's not doing it for everyone because of the cache.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

At least that clears things up. Just need to apply the change appropriately. Check the admin logs if unsure.