Crime, Poverty, and the Footopia

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Crime, Poverty, and the Footopia

Post by Tiggnutz »

I am equality mad at the right, you should do nothing but promote that the Democrats fucked up healthcare with the dream of it imploding so they could get single payer.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I hope people don't mistake my posts as some hunt for a conservative wonderland that's not my goal my goal is to show democrats and liberals have destoyed cities and generations of people. While we joke thousands of lives suffer.
You're absolutely right. And that is why my vision included the independents and high-high libertarians into the bosom. And when the liberals on their side get their way and destroy their cities and generations of people with no one else to blame, some will see the light, and we will welcome them into the bosom as well. A bit extreme of Foo's tough love, but you can't make an omelet... my man. Boom, recipe #1 for the welfare folk.
I don't want to live in Conservatopia, I said I'd come for SEC college football games. I'm living in Liberterria, and it's going to be epic.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I hope people don't mistake my posts as some hunt for a conservative wonderland that's not my goal my goal is to show democrats and liberals have destoyed cities and generations of people. While we joke thousands of lives suffer.
conservatives only save lives and make us better as a nation.
This is interesting coupled with Foo's fact on the low success rate of AA. You know one thing that does reform a lot of drug users, addicts and criminals? Religion, when they find God. I am sure plenty use it as some half-assed attempt to find redemption that may never come even if it were true, but it's powerful none-the-less.
yeah, religion can have a powerful effect. it can also be used a shield or a coping mechanism to make you feel less guilty for things you do. it depends on what you do with it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If one day people said enough is enough fix it do you think they would be speaking to a liberal or a conservative? Answer is obvious
conservative, cause liberals tend to push for more freedom.
What freedom do conservatives try and take
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
You're absolutely right. And that is why my vision included the independents and high-high libertarians into the bosom. And when the liberals on their side get their way and destroy their cities and generations of people with no one else to blame, some will see the light, and we will welcome them into the bosom as well. A bit extreme of Foo's tough love, but you can't make an omelet... my man. Boom, recipe #1 for the welfare folk.
I don't want to live in Conservatopia, I said I'd come for SEC college football games. I'm living in Liberterria, and it's going to be epic.
If we're taking the south, and my vision is drawing shit in a straight, equal line across either direction, you can have that pocket of San Diego down to Mexico. I'll come to parrrr-teee!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
If we're taking the south, and my vision is drawing shit in a straight, equal line across either direction, you can have that pocket of San Diego down to Mexico. I'll come to parrrr-teee!
We get South Beach, Fort Laurderdale, Vegas, Lake Havasu, woooo!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If one day people said enough is enough fix it do you think they would be speaking to a liberal or a conservative? Answer is obvious
i think that conservatives (in generality. it's not true of every conservative) try to take away or restrict a lot of freedoms, where it comes to lifestyle, entertainment, and the like.
Like when Al Gore's wife tried to censor the music industry. Al and Tipper Gore...notable conservatives. Bill Clinton made gay marriage illegal.

Horror was at its glorious peak of sex and violence under republicans. Trump is the first glbqt friendly president to openly campaign as such.

Continue your erroneous narrative...
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
This is interesting coupled with Foo's fact on the low success rate of AA. You know one thing that does reform a lot of drug users, addicts and criminals? Religion, when they find God. I am sure plenty use it as some half-assed attempt to find redemption that may never come even if it were true, but it's powerful none-the-less.
yeah, religion can have a powerful effect. it can also be used a shield or a coping mechanism to make you feel less guilty for things you do. it depends on what you do with it.
Indeed. But I thought that was what I just said? I was expecting a religion is evil argument or summat. *misses angel smiley*
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
i think that conservatives (in generality. it's not true of every conservative) try to take away or restrict a lot of freedoms, where it comes to lifestyle, entertainment, and the like.
Like when Al Gore's wife tried to censor the music industry. Al and Tipper Gore...notable conservatives. Bill Clinton made gay marriage illegal.

Horror was at its glorious peak of sex and violence under republicans. Trump is the first glbqt friendly president to openly campaign as such.

Foo, conservatives want to take drugs away and not kill a fetus. Where is the fun in life to restrict those freedoms!? Inquiring minds want to know.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Baltimore is on pace for the most deadly year in its history.
Tragedy. If only there were more prisons.
Do you have a different take on what to do with criminals. Share.
No, just saying so far your and Foo's answer is "lock them up" so you need more prisons and more people guarding those prisons, and for people to be there longer. That seems to be your solution to this.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:

Foo, conservatives want to take drugs away and not kill a fetus. Where is the fun in life to restrict those freedoms!? Inquiring minds want to know.
I want a Planned Parenthood on every corner! No condoms allowed because abortions = jobs.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:Ideal conservative future: everyone is working and contributing. Families have two parents. Kids go to school, play outside and then come home for dinner.

Ideal liberal future: video ganes and welfare replace work. everyone is trying to figure out their gender while in a magic mushroom induced haze. People are not entirely sure if they have kids because they are not sure if they came in a male butthole or a vagina.
That is not an ideal Liberal future at all... that sounds like so much of a caricature it basically is closer to conservativism than liberalism. And it is certainly not in any way an ideal anyone ascribes to on any part of the spectrum.

the conversation seemed interesting, not sure why you'd feel the need to make such a wildly outlanding and absolutely absurd statement all of a sudden.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:Ideal conservative future: everyone is working and contributing. Families have two parents. Kids go to school, play outside and then come home for dinner.

Ideal liberal future: video ganes and welfare replace work. everyone is trying to figure out their gender while in a magic mushroom induced haze. People are not entirely sure if they have kids because they are not sure if they came in a male butthole or a vagina.
That is not an ideal Liberal future at all... that sounds like so much of a caricature it basically is closer to conservativism than liberalism. And it is certainly not in any way an ideal anyone ascribes to on any part of the spectrum.

the conversation seemed interesting, not sure why you'd feel the need to make such a wildly outlanding and absolutely absurd statement all of a sudden.
Access to weed, tranny/gay stuff, and getting more shit for free is literally the liberal platform right now. Oh yeah, and letting in violent criminals is also p important...
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
No, just saying so far your and Foo's answer is "lock them up" so you need more prisons and more people guarding those prisons, and for people to be there longer. That seems to be your solution to this.
Executing all the murderers and rapists would help.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:

how much was the pmrc reactionary? religion also tends to want to restrict such freedoms, and tends to lean conservative. also bush was president at the time. the clintons (and gore's by extension) are pretty much in bed with the bush's. :P

the 70s and 80s were great for horror, in spite of conservatism, not because of it. maybe because of it as far as themes and fears go, but that's another argument.

what makes trump a friend of lgbt? he's not out to ban it, from what i've seen, so that's something.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Access to weed, tranny/gay stuff, and getting more shit for free is literally the liberal platform right now. Oh yeah, and letting in violent criminals is also p important...
That is absolutely not the cornerstone of a liberal platform, and it is literally not the point. Why is it you feel you can't have an actual discussion without trying to go out of your way to misrepresent the other side.

It'd be the equivalent of me saying "The Conservative platform is literally to eliminate every federal program except the military which they'd triple, whilst building thousands of coal plants to try and warm the planet and stone all gays"

It's just absurd.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Indeed. But I thought that was what I just said? I was expecting a religion is evil argument or summat. *misses angel smiley*
maybe so. i guess i misunderstood what you meant with the last part. i'm not against religion, but it's not something i want for myself.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
And drug users and drug dealers? Since that is a much bigger proportion of the trouble youths prison sentences?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:

how much was the pmrc reactionary? religion also tends to want to restrict such freedoms, and tends to lean conservative. also bush was president at the time. the clintons (and gore's by extension) are pretty much in bed with the bush's. :P

the 70s and 80s were great for horror, in spite of conservatism, not because of it. maybe because of it as far as themes and fears go, but that's another argument.

what makes trump a friend of lgbt? he's not out to ban it, from what i've seen, so that's something.
As we stand right now, who wants to allow Muslims into the country? When it comes to religions restricting freedom, where do you think Muslims from places like Syria, Iran, and the other nations in Trumps travel ban stand?

Trumps words and actions. He has long embraced that community.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
And drug users and drug dealers? Since that is a much bigger proportion of the trouble youths prison sentences?
The drug user thing is a myth. Almost no one is in prison for just drug use.

Start with the murderers and rapists.