Administrator

Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by Reign in Blood »

Swoops in to dog on Us. Loves it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:i wish us had ended differently. and that's all.
Similar to me wishing there was more to the main twist? I really liked the movie, but the twist seemed undercooked to me.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Similar to me wishing there was more to the main twist? I really liked the movie, but the twist seemed undercooked to me.
that may have saved it. i felt like the twist ending just unraveled a lot of stuff and didn't really make sense as it played out . *shrug*
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
that may have saved it. i felt like the twist ending just unraveled a lot of stuff and didn't really make sense as it played out . *shrug*
I was left wanting more from it. Like "you gonna open that bag of worms and not dwell on it?"
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

47 Meters Down Uncaged

Dumber than hell but still fun. What were supposed to be ohmyGod moments were genuinely hysterical. I was far from the only one laughing throughout. All the narrow escapes were the exact same thing over and over again and it got old fast. And I'm pretty sure you can't hide from a shark by lying still just because it's blind. Those things can detect your fucking heartbeat from like a mile away.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Watched Crawl. Pretty well done creepy creature attacking people feature. The behavior that seemed pretty fucking weird, but as a concept it was interesting. Well executed.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I also saw Good Boys

Laughed really hard but I seemed to be ahead of the jokes before others were. Bit weird. Maybe my knowing US culture helped on a couple jokes but a few I just seemed ahead of the game.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Didn't even know that was out, yet. Might go see it today.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Didn't even know that was out, yet. Might go see it today.
I enjoyed it. Just good cinema fun.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:Didn't even know that was out, yet. Might go see it today.
I enjoyed it. Just good cinema fun.
I'm debating that one, or Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. If I do go see a flick, today.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Ha, my local theater is showing The Lord of the Rings. I've actually never seen the whole movie. That may be a 3rd option. lol.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Autopsy of Jane Doe

I know, I'm like 3 years late on this. Don't have much time to watch flicks lately. I really did enjoy this one though. I liked the sound effects, the use of the dark and the relationship between father and son.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Ready or Not ............ B+/A-

Teetering on the grade, but very enjoyable rich-people-are-evil horror flick with a nice demented sense of humor. Samara Weaving is an excellent "final girl", the best I've seen in a long time.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Ended up seeing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. A pretty simple flick that was quite nicely done. Could've done without the tidbits of invoked racism, though. The scarecrow death was badass, and the "Me Tie Dough-ty Walker" monster was awesome.

Would recommend giving it a go.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Ended up seeing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. A pretty simple flick that was quite nicely done. Could've done without the tidbits of invoked racism, though. The scarecrow death was badass, and the "Me Tie Dough-ty Walker" monster was awesome.

Is it horror or for kids?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:Ended up seeing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. A pretty simple flick that was quite nicely done. Could've done without the tidbits of invoked racism, though. The scarecrow death was badass, and the "Me Tie Dough-ty Walker" monster was awesome.

It's definitely horror. It could be something kids could enjoy. I saw a kid about nine or ten in the theater.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

It's definitely horror. It could be something kids could enjoy. I saw a kid about nine or ten in the theater.
Trailer in the UK made it look a bit like a goosebumps film to me. Hence the question. Not worth my time u feel.

IT chapter two though, very tempted to find a double bill. Looks epic. Trailer is great. The “I’ve craved you . . . I missed you” line is epic.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Trailer in the UK made it look a bit like a goosebumps film to me. Hence the question. Not worth my time u feel.

IT chapter two though, very tempted to find a double bill. Looks epic. Trailer is great. The “I’ve craved you . . . I missed you” line is epic.
OK. I thought you were gauging to see if it would be suitable for the kiddos. Not sure where you draw the line with them in regards to horror.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

OK. I thought you were gauging to see if it would be suitable for the kiddos. Not sure where you draw the line with them in regards to horror.
Zero horror until they can go to bed by themselves without being scared. :D