What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Finished The Green Mile a few days ago (read that pretty quick for my slow pace, that was a tough one to put down), and now reading Michael Crichton's Dragon Teeth.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Finished The Green Mile a few days ago (read that pretty quick for my slow pace, that was a tough one to put down), and now reading Michael Crichton's Dragon Teeth.
This is on my must read list for sure. The Green Mile is one of my favorite movies ever.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'd easily put it in King's top 10.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote:I'm about 700 pages into the 3rd book A Storm of Swords of the G.O.T George R.R. Martin books and these are easily the best books I have ever read. Martin could end up being my all-time favorite author when it's all said and done. Basically knowing everything that's going to happen ahead of time hasn't taken anything away from my enjoyment.
Even when he leaves you hanging never to finish them?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I'm about 700 pages into the 3rd book A Storm of Swords of the G.O.T George R.R. Martin books and these are easily the best books I have ever read. Martin could end up being my all-time favorite author when it's all said and done. Basically knowing everything that's going to happen ahead of time hasn't taken anything away from my enjoyment.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote:
I guess that's a spoiler lol
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Took a few weeks to re-read the whole series. Always interesting to see how the first few books differ drastically in tone from the fourth book onward.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Since I did so well so far with my reading New Year's resolution (I only have one book left to finish that, reserved for John Grisham's A Time To Kill), my next year reading resolution will be all of The Dark Tower series. I've only read the first two books in completion.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Quit the Crichton book. Was too bland and sterile for me to bother continuing. Probably not fair to describe it that way since it was probably never a final draft, since it was published post humously, but eh.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Started Stephen King/Richard Bachman's Thinner. Never read it. Actually started a couple days ago. I'm over halfway through.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

700 pages into the fourth book A Feast for Crows and there hasn't been any drop in quality.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Forgot to mention finished Thinner, read A Time To Kill (very good, but surprised at how freely the N word was used, and not in dialogue like I would expect), then read Dean Koontz's Shattered (it was decent, like on character, but was brisk) and now reading Craven Manor by Darcy Coates.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

White Shark by Peter Benchley
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Doctor Sleep (Stephen King)

Decided to restart this one since the movie comes out in November. The trailers look great, so maybe the book is just a really slow start.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Heartbreak & Triumph: The Shawn Michaels Story
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Currently reading Rose Madder, but slowed down since the Challenge began.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Forgot to mention finished Thinner, read A Time To Kill (very good, but surprised at how freely the N word was used, and not in dialogue like I would expect)
It's funny, I recently read that one and had the exact same thought about the use of that word. I don't know if that's really how they talked in the 1980's in the south, but I certainly accept that it's possible.

Also, I was very pleased with that conclusion. Happy it wasn't nearly as bleak as one would expect.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm 900 pages into A Dance with Dragons
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finally finished A Dance with Dragons. These are the best books I've ever read.Now I can join the masses in bitching about the new book taking so long. Will be starting The Shining in a little while.