Crime, Poverty, and the Footopia

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Crime, Poverty, and the Footopia

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
cool. if he would have legalized it, then that's something that would have surprised me. we'll never know.
What are you talking about?
if obama had not already legalized gay marriage, and trump did it, given that chance, it would surprise me.
You are severely misinformed. Obama had nothing to do with gay marriage. The Supreme Court threw away states rights and made it legal. It was coming into states each election year, and most states voted against gay marriage, even California... California... But the Supreme Court way overstepped their boundaries and overruled the will of the people. This is one of the worst things ever committed. And I'm not talking about legalizing gay marriage, I'm talking about ignoring the will of the people. We cease to be a free nation when our choices are thrown away. I don't care if it was something I agreed with, throwing away the will of the people is one of the worst things you can do to a nation. That is literally taken the freedom to choose away from us.
The majority cannot choose to oppress a minority. Will of the people doesn't defeatrights.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Yet, they first allowed states to vote on oppression? Lol.

Marriage is not a right. And it was changed by the Supreme Court for no other reason than to push a political agenda. Once gay marriage became a thing, gender identity became a thing. "I identify as a woman. You can't take away my right to choose which restroom I use". Let's have all the states vote against it just so the Surpreme Court can overrule against oppressing the poor tranny's right to hang out in women's restrooms.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Anytime we do not get our way because we do not qualify we yell "oppression". It is a liberal thing.

I saw someone doing this at a restaurant recently. It was some kind of promotion that required a smart phone because an app was required. They did not have a smart phone, so of course they acted like it was slavery all over again.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"war on christmas" is yelling oppression, to be fair.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
cool. if he would have legalized it, then that's something that would have surprised me. we'll never know.
What are you talking about?
if obama had not already legalized gay marriage, and trump did it, given that chance, it would surprise me.
You are severely misinformed. Obama had nothing to do with gay marriage. The Supreme Court threw away states rights and made it legal. It was coming into states each election year, and most states voted against gay marriage, even California... California... But the Supreme Court way overstepped their boundaries and overruled the will of the people. This is one of the worst things ever committed. And I'm not talking about legalizing gay marriage, I'm talking about ignoring the will of the people. We cease to be a free nation when our choices are thrown away. I don't care if it was something I agreed with, throwing away the will of the people is one of the worst things you can do to a nation. That is literally taken the freedom to choose away from us.
indeed. i was mistaken here.

if you're not talking about legalizing gay marriage, why make a big deal about it in later posts, rather than sticking to the point about overruling the people's will?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Because I constantly have to correct Seb. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

fair enough, i guess. seb is wrong that the will of the majority doesn't defeat individual rights or freedoms. might makes right and all. but it shouldn't, in this case.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:fair enough, i guess. seb is wrong that the will of the majority doesn't defeat individual rights or freedoms. might makes right and all. but it shouldn't, in this case.
If I'm wrong then your country is worse than North Korea. Think about what you're saying.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:fair enough, i guess. seb is wrong that the will of the majority doesn't defeat individual rights or freedoms. might makes right and all. but it shouldn't, in this case.
If I'm wrong then your country is worse than North Korea. Think about what you're saying.
i agree with you that it shouldn't be. and isn't largely as of now, but has been historically.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
i agree with you that it shouldn't be. and isn't largely as of now, but has been historically.
If they voted to burn all guys named Bob at the stake by 95% to 4% to 1% undecided, that would not and should not happen.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
If they voted to burn all guys named Bob at the stake by 95% to 4% to 1% undecided, that would not and should not happen.
you're right and everyone would go by robert instead, on that day. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
How.. flameboyant! :lol:
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

You can have populist votes on some things but not others.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:You can have populist votes on some things but not others.
yeah, i didn't say murder was put to vote. although jurors kind of have that power,if you're cynical. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:If I'm wrong then your country is worse than North Korea.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Gay marriage voting =/= Burn Bob to death voting
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Why not? It's about a big group trying to dictate what a small group has the ability to do in society for no ther reason than that they have a common characteristic.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Why not? It's about a big group trying to dictate what a small group has the ability to do in society for no ther reason than that they have a common characteristic.
Like deciding at what age people can vote, drink, smoke, and join the military?

Like deciding males qualify for prostate exams and females qualify for gynecological care?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Like deciding males qualify for prostate exams and females qualify for gynecological care?
what group of people are denied a vote, a drink, a smoke, military service at that decided age?

biology is a separate matter.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

what group of people are denied a vote, a drink, a smoke, military service at that decided age?

biology is a separate matter.
We deny people voting and military who do not meet the criteria every day.

Is it? Do you think marriage was built around a man and woman just to be hateful?