Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Jason's Random Political Comments

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:You guys always make the mistake of personalizing the issue instead of viewing it through a societal lens. "White people" does not, and never has, meant "you, Zombie/Tigg/Jason, you specifically". The segregated structure of American cities with money and industry flowing out of the most heavily African-American areas, is absolutely a consequence of behavioral patterns of white people in general for generations. That's an uncomfortable reality in America. When black people move in somewhere, white people move out and the economy dies. Then you build a highway through it so nobody ever has to deal with "that part" of the city.
i think this is two different issues. you can acknowledge that a problem exists, relating to bias or prejudice. and you can also acknowledge blame does often fall to those not connected to that problem, based on common traits.
Does it really though? I have no doubt people take it that way, because we're wired to believe everything is about us.
i mean how do i answer that? i don't think there is anything to go on, save for anecdotes and individual examples based on perception. there's not a study or census into that, as far as i'm aware. i guess it depends on what you want to believe or what you'll take as potentially proof.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:You guys always make the mistake of personalizing the issue instead of viewing it through a societal lens. "White people" does not, and never has, meant "you, Zombie/Tigg/Jason, you specifically". The segregated structure of American cities with money and industry flowing out of the most heavily African-American areas, is absolutely a consequence of behavioral patterns of white people in general for generations. That's an uncomfortable reality in America. When black people move in somewhere, white people move out and the economy dies. Then you build a highway through it so nobody ever has to deal with "that part" of the city.
i think this is two different issues. you can acknowledge that a problem exists, relating to bias or prejudice. and you can also acknowledge blame does often fall to those not connected to that problem, based on common traits.
Does it really though? I have no doubt people take it that way, because we're wired to believe everything is about us.
Maybe always being the minority in my own experience makes me see things differently. Looking at people as good or bad instead of black and white has always served me
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Maybe always being the minority in my own experience makes me see things differently. Looking at people as good or bad instead of black and white has always served me
I mean, tell America that.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
I mean, tell America that.
I do think the majority do see it that way
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

And that's fine. Just don't look and point at guys like me when you're spitting the bullshit because we had nothing to do with it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
And that's fine. Just don't look and point at guys like me when you're spitting the bullshit because we had nothing to do with it.
Again, not a thing that's happening
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

do you think that some people make assumptions about a person and lash out, simply because they have black skin? if so, why is it so hard to believe that it happens because someone has white skin too?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:do you think that some people make assumptions about a person and lash out, simply because they have black skin? if so, why is it so hard to believe that it happens because someone has white skin too?
Didn't say only white people can be racist.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:do you think that some people make assumptions about a person and lash out, simply because they have black skin? if so, why is it so hard to believe that it happens because someone has white skin too?
but not that some may blame you for shit because they associate you with the reason they are struggling?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
but not that some may blame you for shit because they associate you with the reason they are struggling?
That’s why there’s a rise in White shootings.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
does majority status negate any possibility that that same kind of thing could be directed your way, as an individual placed into that majority statistically?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Again, not a thing that's happening
Oh well, Jason can go back to his black friends again then.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
does majority status negate any possibility that that same kind of thing could be directed your way, as an individual placed into that majority statistically?
You misconstrue. I mean shooting of Mexicans and black peoples BY white people. Because they wrongly blame them for perceived issues since their lives must be miserable because of minorities.

Whites shot by minoroties is a much smaller issue and has myriad reasons which don’t seem as obvious in terms of a root cause.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Are you asking if I think it's possible? Sure, it's possible. Haven't seen it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
You misconstrue. I mean shooting of Mexicans and black peoples BY white people. Because they wrongly blame them for perceived issues since their lives must be miserable because of minorities.

Whites shot by minoroties is a much smaller issue and has myriad reasons which don’t seem as obvious in terms of a root cause.
i got what you meant, exactly.. you turned what i was asking around, hence me trying to re-word it. and i wasn't speaking just about shootings. but this is going nowhere. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
fair. you haven't seen it. that's anecdotal but i can trust you. i guess it's too far to trust that others have seen it though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
fair. you haven't seen it. that's anecdotal but i can trust you. i guess it's too far to trust that others have seen it though.
Must be some articles/videos online that confirm this phenomenon, right?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Do you consider the concept of white privilege to be personally offensive?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Must be some articles/videos online that confirm this phenomenon, right?
i'm sure there are examples recorded online. what makes it so unbelievable that that could be directed at some white people, when it clearly happens toward minorities?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Do you consider the concept of white privilege to be personally offensive?
Why should it, it's a real thing.