Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Jason's Random Political Comments

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Do you consider the concept of white privilege to be personally offensive?

it bothers me, but i can acknowledge that as part of the majority in this country, i likely may have some potential benefits, indirectly, that others may not have.
I do when is such a generalization ok
Society has been structured by these dynamics already, it's fair to evaluate the outcomes of that.
Kinda insulting to black people as I read it
Agreed, the hand they were dealt is very insulting. And even more insulting that people deny it or refuse to acknowledge it.
Sorry but that sounds like social justice warrior twitter crap. In Baltimore most black people don't consider themselves special needs they just want there neighborhood treated like everyone elses so they can just live life.
No, it's "real life dynamics with lots of historical evidence to back it up" crap. Not sure what the rest of your post has to do with anything, definitely not any point I've made.
Black people understand that their own decisions are the reason for their own plight just like any other race that make bad decisions they don't need a society excuse.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

White supremacists: Open fire in basically any public place ever, plan legitimate terrorist attacks
Antifa thugs: Punch people at protests that people attend to fight

America: Idk idk, looks the same to me
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Do you consider the concept of white privilege to be personally offensive?

it bothers me, but i can acknowledge that as part of the majority in this country, i likely may have some potential benefits, indirectly, that others may not have.
I do when is such a generalization ok
Society has been structured by these dynamics already, it's fair to evaluate the outcomes of that.
Kinda insulting to black people as I read it
Agreed, the hand they were dealt is very insulting. And even more insulting that people deny it or refuse to acknowledge it.
Sorry but that sounds like social justice warrior twitter crap. In Baltimore most black people don't consider themselves special needs they just want there neighborhood treated like everyone elses so they can just live life.
No, it's "real life dynamics with lots of historical evidence to back it up" crap. Not sure what the rest of your post has to do with anything, definitely not any point I've made.
Black people understand that their own decisions are the reason for their own plight just like any other race that make bad decisions they don't need a society excuse.
It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.

Denying white privilege and racism is just tuning out reality because you don't want to feel bad.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Which begs the question: Why. Take it. So. Personally?

You don't need to feel proxy bad for the decisions of people who are now dead. It's not about you, but you do benefit. We can all live with that.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Which begs the question: Why. Take it. So. Personally?

You don't need to feel proxy bad for the decisions of people who are now dead. It's not about you, but you do benefit. We can all live with that.
i hope that we can all be as cool as you, about criticisms and blame thrown our way when it doesn't necessarily apply to us directly. could make for a utopia states of america! :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:

i hope that we can be as cool as you, about criticisms and blame thrown our way when it doesn't necessarily apply to us directly. could make for a utopia states of america! :P
You can be. It's not hard at all.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

i hope that we can be as cool as you, about criticisms and blame thrown our way when it doesn't necessarily apply to us directly. could make for a utopia states of america! :P
You can be. It's not hard at all.
my duck back isn't as slippery as yours is. :(
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Imagine a hard working black parent trying to raise a kid it's not like any other race where societies picture of them is a drug dealer or a violent person or someone who just has kids out of wedlock kids what other cultures do that.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

How could you not take people being killed in outrageous numbers everyday where you live personally. ..seriously
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:

How could you not take people being killed in outrageous numbers everyday where you live personally. ..seriously
Dude, that's not a sensible response to anything I said. I don't think your train of thought has been following mine this entire time.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Dude, that's not a sensible response to anything I said. I don't think your train of thought has been following mine this entire time.
Honestly head my buzz may have made my opinions hard to read as always I apologize for this. Till next time brother
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What is the argument anyways? White on black (minority) crime is a problem. Some people think black on black crime is a bigger problem. Problems all, fix em.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Honestly head my buzz may have made my opinions hard to read as always I apologize for this. Till next time brother
Treat yourself. 8-)
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:What is the argument anyways? White on black (minority) crime is a problem. Some people think black on black crime is a bigger problem. Problems all, fix em.
All started with Jason needing to bring up for the 5000th time that black people kill each other, to what end I don't know. That topic is catnip for him.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Treat yourself. 8-)
If I'm ever on the west coast prepare yourself for a good argument :D
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Are you directing this post to white people or black people?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:What is the argument anyways? White on black (minority) crime is a problem. Some people think black on black crime is a bigger problem. Problems all, fix em.
my argument is that stop using people's identity traits to knock them down or to make yourself feel superior to them. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
my argument is that stop using people's identity traits to knock them down or to make yourself feel superior to them. :P
Another problem that should be fixed.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

There’s no argument from me that all crime is bad crime. And I’m all for fixing any crime we can any way we can. My point was purely that the increase in violent crime seems to have two root causes. The increase in white supremacy resulting in more white people murdering minorities is linked to a rise in white supremacy and equivocation and so can be tempered by that. The rise in black people killing black peoples is linked to Head’s point about institutional racism that continues to keep the black community in particular in poverty and in neighborhoods that then become more prone to violence and which is harder to escape because of it. Added to that, white police abuse of black people in areas of higher density black populations has less to the Ferguson effect, where a statistically significant decline in the rate of phoning the police has been observed. This likely due to black people not perceiving police as just, and not trusting them. Thus increasing crime and likelihood of violence as there’s lower likelihood of police involvement.

There is other violent crime that is not related to either of those two and which would be solved by removing guns, but everyone is dug in on that front so I can’t see merit in discussing it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"But white people"

Nice...