Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:To be fair, nobody knows anything when they're 19.
She's pushing 30 and still knows nothing.
So imagine that minus eleven years of life experience. MySpace, dude. MySpace.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:ugh.. that video. i've never understood why there is a tendency to tear down every single little thing about someone because you happen to disagree with their politics. oh well. :P
Leftist celebrities tend to lecture you on why this viewpoint is terrible and how wrong you are for siding with it. I am a fan of plenty of celebrities with liberal viewpoints. But when you come from a place of malice, I feel less inclined to support you because you clearly would not like me if we ever met.
she looks like a tranny. hahaha! shut up and sing! <-- nothing to do with her politics. it's stupid and i'm never gonna like it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:ugh.. that video. i've never understood why there is a tendency to tear down every single little thing about someone because you happen to disagree with their politics. oh well. :P
Leftist celebrities tend to lecture you on why this viewpoint is terrible and how wrong you are for siding with it. I am a fan of plenty of celebrities with liberal viewpoints. But when you come from a place of malice, I feel less inclined to support you because you clearly would not like me if we ever met.
she looks like a tranny. hahaha! shut up and sing! <-- nothing to do with her politics. it's stupid and i'm never gonna like it.
He's a toxic presence in politics and it's a pretty shitty thing that he has such a following, especially among young people.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
He's a toxic presence in politics and it's a pretty shitty thing that he has such a following, especially among young people.
he's basically a clown/shock jock with some political buzz topics thrown in. enh.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:is there any evidence that she flipped from being a conservative to being a liberal? couldn't she have always (as an adult) leaned liberal?
It's possible. Except when she was like 19 or something she posted "Republicans do it better" on her myspace page and her liberal fans outraged over it. Now the reverse is happening and I think celebrity status is about 100% of the reason why the flip occurred.
Actually, she just gave a reason why she "seemed to lean" Republican. It's because in country music the past 20 years they are not really allowed to be liberal. So, is that cool in your book? Isnt that the same thing? Fuck man....Willie Nelson....big time liberal. Johnny Cash fought against oppression of black people in the prison system. Garth Brooks....liberal. Emmylou Harris, liberal. Kris Kristopherson.....liberal. Steve Earle.....has always been super liberal and is a Bernie fan. And the list goes on.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That's a great point. The pressure specific to the country music industry where you have to appeal to conservatives could very well have been the reason for her early "beliefs".
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:That's a great point. The pressure specific to the country music industry where you have to appeal to conservatives could very well have been the reason for her early "beliefs".
Here is the article- https://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swift ... -backlash/

She saw what happened to the Dixie Chicks, so she didn't want to share her political views. Toby Keith was a registered Democrat and voted for Obama. Now, he says he is independent. Gotta keep them record sales up, I guess lol.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The other point to note is that a decade ago the Republican Party was different from the current party. At least in a few clear ways. Could be that’s informed her view?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:That's a great point. The pressure specific to the country music industry where you have to appeal to conservatives could very well have been the reason for her early "beliefs".

She saw what happened to the Dixie Chicks, so she didn't want to share her political views. Toby Keith was a registered Democrat and voted for Obama. Now, he says he is independent. Gotta keep them record sales up, I guess lol.
how in the world can the words that i said send someone so over the edge that they write me a letter saying that i better shut up and sing or my life will be overrrr! :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yeah, that's fair. And that happens to a degree in these forums, too. Politics can be disgusting if you let yourself get too wrapped up in it...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:is there any evidence that she flipped from being a conservative to being a liberal? couldn't she have always (as an adult) leaned liberal?
It's possible. Except when she was like 19 or something she posted "Republicans do it better" on her myspace page and her liberal fans outraged over it. Now the reverse is happening and I think celebrity status is about 100% of the reason why the flip occurred.
Actually, she just gave a reason why she "seemed to lean" Republican. It's because in country music the past 20 years they are not really allowed to be liberal. So, is that cool in your book? Isnt that the same thing? Fuck man....Willie Nelson....big time liberal. Johnny Cash fought against oppression of black people in the prison system. Garth Brooks....liberal. Emmylou Harris, liberal. Kris Kristopherson.....liberal. Steve Earle.....has always been super liberal and is a Bernie fan. And the list goes on.
Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard are two of the biggest names in the history of country music and they are some of the most outspoken liberal celebrities as well.

Not buying that for a second. She clearly grew up in a Conservative household and becoming a celebrity changed her viewpoints. Nobody will ever admit to that, left or right.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yeah, that's fair. And that happens to a degree in these forums, too. Politics can be disgusting if you let yourself get too wrapped up in it...
it does. but we're not public figures. we don't have any kind of influence. but it shouldn't be done here either. still, it's just a really different thing.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard are two of the biggest names in the history of country music and they are some of the most outspoken liberal celebrities as well.

Not buying that for a second. She clearly grew up in a Conservative household and becoming a celebrity changed her viewpoints. Nobody will ever admit to that, left or right.
i have no doubt that she was raised conservative. how many people come into adulthood with different beliefs than they were raised into? it's not that big of a deal how she came into it.

donald trump made the shift from dem to republican pretty late in life. get over it! :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:

What's her motive for this oddly time movement against "Anti-LGBT" in The White House? What equality is she even talking about?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

i have no doubt that she was raised conservative. how many people come into adulthood with different beliefs than they were raised into? it's not that big of a deal how she came into it.

donald trump made the shift from dem to republican pretty late in life. get over it! :P
I did, and I voted for him. :o

Already a top ten president by every metric.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

good. so you're cool with people shifting their politics as they grow.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

Yes, but I'm not buying her story, is all.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

If she was truly conservative, why didn't she align herself with more conservative celebrities? Maybe she was attracted to a more liberal way of thinking?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

Yes, but I'm not buying her story, is all.
enh. that's up to you. i'm sorry that you've got bad blood for taylor swift. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:If she was truly conservative, why didn't she align herself with more conservative celebrities? Maybe she was attracted to a more liberal way of thinking?
Conservative celebrities tend not to be looked upon so highly in Hollywood. You should hear the shit people say about Clint Eastwood. I mean, he could've totally done what other celebrities do and whine about people talking shit, but he addresses it every now and then by firing back and calling millennials the biggest pussies who ever lived. lmao.