Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by showa58taro »

It’s sad though to be so beholden to the cult of one personality.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Especially one with so few redeeming qualities. It's all been such an embarrassment for this country.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:It was the best thing ever. Trumps team put together some weak counterpoints to try and avoid the hardest questions or to give generic answers. But instead of emailing it to Republicans they sent it to Democrats including Speaker Pelosi
It was specifically written for the democrats to read. lol. He's baiting them into pressing an advantage that they don't have (impeachment), so they can be torn down even further. The democrats are absolutely seething at the transcript release which is as clean as a whistle.
LOL. Wow. Woooooow. That’s almost as bad a take as I can imagine anyone putting together.
I'm living in a country in which both parties see "the other side" as enemies. I hate that we only have two parties to choose from. It divides people. But if ya don't have money that's donated from Corporations, you're fucked. This is not the America I knew growing up. We are better than this, and I truly hope we can rebound. Depressing, really.
It takes a blind kind of one-sidedness (some might call it bias) to believe everything your side does even in error is part of a grandiose scheme of awesome.
Yup. This is the most divided this country has been since I was born in December, 1974. No one really represents me. As of right now, I'd vote for Tulsi. I know that she is more central.,.but if anything, she is better than the jackass who is currently president. But thats who I have to settle for. Ugh.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:It was the best thing ever. Trumps team put together some weak counterpoints to try and avoid the hardest questions or to give generic answers. But instead of emailing it to Republicans they sent it to Democrats including Speaker Pelosi
It was specifically written for the democrats to read. lol. He's baiting them into pressing an advantage that they don't have (impeachment), so they can be torn down even further. The democrats are absolutely seething at the transcript release which is as clean as a whistle.
LOL. Wow. Woooooow. That’s almost as bad a take as I can imagine anyone putting together.
I'm living in a country in which both parties see "the other side" as enemies. I hate that we only have two parties to choose from. It divides people. But if ya don't have money that's donated from Corporations, you're fucked. This is not the America I knew growing up. We are better than this, and I truly hope we can rebound. Depressing, really.
Third parties are mostly always an option. Don't let any two-party partisan jackasses shame you or tell you otherwise. I've voted independent and third party candidates many times, and will do so again, so don't get it in your head it's not an option. That's what Republicans and Democrats want.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
Third parties are mostly always an option. Don't let any two-party partisan jackasses shame you or tell you otherwise. I've voted independent and third party candidates many times, and will do so again, so don't get it in your head it's not an option. That's what Republicans and Democrats want.
That totally makes sense, and really is how I feel.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It doesn’t reflect reality though. But it is a nice ideal.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:It doesn’t reflect reality though. But it is a nice ideal.
How so? Maybe I'm a dreamer, lol
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Nothi g wrong with that. The reality is you’re in s two party system and often a third party vote just means that you’re not getting what you want as the “better” of the two will have one less vote. Sucks as to get 3rd party votes that count is hard. But there you go.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

If the call transcript was bad, the ensuing whistleblower complaint and annexes is worse. So much worse for Trump. There’s a lot to unpack but the only logical conclusion is that he fucked up and they knew he fucked up and went to great lengths to minimize its impact.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Gas is 5.20 in L.A. thanks to retards in California voting no on 6.

The cult of voting for everything democrat is really sad. They go to the poll booths and vote away their right to have any say in gas prices, then complain and wonder why gas is skyrockets two dollars overnight.

That's the only cult I see. Them, and the cult of celebrities who gather together on TV and in movies to whine about Trump.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Nothi g wrong with that. The reality is you’re in s two party system and often a third party vote just means that you’re not getting what you want as the “better” of the two will have one less vote. Sucks as to get 3rd party votes that count is hard. But there you go.
There's no 'better' when neither of the two candidates represent the people, which is exactly why I was proud to vote third party in 2016, and every election I have.

It doesn't help that the 'better' you want me to vote for actively pushes third parties down. Democrats can shove it. If they want my vote, they have to damn well earn it, as opposed to just expecting it.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Want my vote? Earn it.

Clinton didn't earn it, she expected it, and lost embarrassingly, and I couldn't have been happier.

It's simply - no candidate should get a vote unless that vote is earned. Shaming voters like myself for refusing to vote for a candidate who didn't earn our votes is entirely illogical.

Third party 2020.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s a catch 22. Sad but true my friend.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

showa58taro wrote:It’s a catch 22. Sad but true my friend.
That's one perspective. But it will never be fixed if we keep voting for the parties that want it broken.

Third party 2020.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

'third party" is just as much a cult vote as "democrat" or "republican", unless you have an individual you feel deserves your vote. voting to try to stick it to the bigger guys, is just the same as voting hilary because you don't like trump or whatever. go cults! :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’ll never be fixed by voting third party either. Hence catch 22. If you vote you lose as they won’t win in the system and nothing changes. If you don’t vote then nothing changes. If you fracture the system it probably doesn’t do enough. That’s the frustration.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:'thid party" is just as much a cult vote as "democrat" or "republican", unless you have an individual you feel deserves your vote. voting to try to stick it to the bigger guys, is just the same as voting hilary because you don't like trump or whatever. go cults! :P
Voting third party isn't a blanket vote. There are right-leaning and left-leaning third parties, and I'd wager very few people randomly vote third party blindly (mainly because many ballots don't even have them on there). Voting third party is almost always based off the candidate as opposed to the Party. If the Green Party nominee pissed off some potential Green voters, do you think they'd take it and vote for them or look to the PSL, WWP, SWP, etc? I think the latter is a lot more likely.

I'm against cult voting to, but I don't see third party voting as nearly enabling that as partisan two-party voting does.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

showa58taro wrote:It’ll never be fixed by voting third party either. Hence catch 22. If you vote you lose as they won’t win in the system and nothing changes. If you don’t vote then nothing changes. If you fracture the system it probably doesn’t do enough. That’s the frustration.
Indeed, which just shows how screwed up this country is, as millions like myself have zero representation and yet literally no reason to vote.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:'thid party" is just as much a cult vote as "democrat" or "republican", unless you have an individual you feel deserves your vote. voting to try to stick it to the bigger guys, is just the same as voting hilary because you don't like trump or whatever. go cults! :P
Voting third party isn't a blanket vote. There are right-leaning and left-leaning third parties, and I'd wager very few people randomly vote third party blindly (mainly because many ballots don't even have them on there). Voting third party is almost always based off the candidate as opposed to the Party. If the Green Party nominee pissed off some potential Green voters, do you think they'd take it and vote for them or look to the PSL, WWP, SWP, etc? I think the latter is a lot more likely.

I'm against cult voting to, but I don't see third party voting as nearly enabling that as partisan two-party voting does.
like i said, if you have an individual candidate that earned your vote that election. cool. otherwise it's a cult vote, the same as anything else.

and you are always going the route of "i don't like the dems, so i'll vote third party" in presenting your view. so forgive me for thinking it looks like a cult vote.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jigsaw wrote:
showa58taro wrote:It’ll never be fixed by voting third party either. Hence catch 22. If you vote you lose as they won’t win in the system and nothing changes. If you don’t vote then nothing changes. If you fracture the system it probably doesn’t do enough. That’s the frustration.
Indeed, which just shows how screwed up this country is, as millions like myself have zero representation and yet literally no reason to vote.
It’s a real issue that will need addressing at some point. Might mean fracturing the Senste a bit.