October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Monster
Charter Member

Re: October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:Also, howdy from 1428 Elm N. Genesee St., in Springwood, Ohio Hollywood, Ca. Gonna walk down a couple blocks to see the Wallace House from Halloween. Then stop in Pasadena on the way home and check out all those exterior shots from Halloween.
Sweet! Any pictures?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:
Jason wrote:Also, howdy from 1428 Elm N. Genesee St., in Springwood, Ohio Hollywood, Ca. Gonna walk down a couple blocks to see the Wallace House from Halloween. Then stop in Pasadena on the way home and check out all those exterior shots from Halloween.
Sweet! Any pictures?
Too dark. :(

But I got picks with Madman Marz himself and Gary Sales.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:So I just went walking down Elm St. (hehe) to find the Christine house at 1380, but the number jumps from 1400 to 1356 when I cross the street. Can't find 1380. Bizarre.
Ah, the address was wrong. It's 1357. And yep, there it is.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

You know, I've only seen Madman a couple times. Once in the 90s and once here in a group session. it's on youtube. I think it's time for a rewatch.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:You know, I've only seen Madman a couple times. Once in the 90s and once here in a group session. it's on youtube. I think it's time for a rewatch.
The screening was bitchin. The crowd was perfect, cheered and hollered, laughed their asses off at the hot tub scene. All while Madman was down the aisle, one row above me. Very cool. When I met him he was very grateful for every fan. Genuine dude.
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

I ended the day with Friday the 13th, The Final Chapter. A good day for me, four movies. Have fun everyone!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Screamers is basically a fish monster/007 movie hybrid, at least it feels that way.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

flyingspider wrote:I ended the day with Friday the 13th, The Final Chapter. A good day for me, four movies. Have fun everyone!
Were your four movies the first four Friday the 13th movies?
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Ava wrote:The Lift was a fun one. Kills weren't that impressive but I liked the story and how dark and enclosed the ending scenes were. I was so worried for the repair guy. :?
Now watch the remake with Naomi Watts.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Since I have limited time, I've only seen Prey(the 2019 film) so far. Very predictable with a dumbass ending. Not total garbage, but easily forgettable.
I've been trying to watch that one, but it keeps loading on me and I end up watching something else in it's place.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:
Monster wrote:You know, I've only seen Madman a couple times. Once in the 90s and once here in a group session. it's on youtube. I think it's time for a rewatch.
The screening was bitchin. The crowd was perfect, cheered and hollered, laughed their asses off at the hot tub scene. All while Madman was down the aisle, one row above me. Very cool. When I met him he was very grateful for every fan. Genuine dude.
That's awesome. You always hope that's how they'd be in real life. lots of assholes out there so you never know.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

After trying to filter more of my Amazon list, I selected Dead of Night next.

Weird, how it's got a 2009 date, but totally looks late 70's.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

IMDB says 1977. And it's a TV movie. Oh well, I'll still give it a go, but getting annoying with all the funky dates.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And now I'm at Haddonfield High School. Lol. The exterior shot are all within like a mile of each other. From here gonna park the car in the neighborhood and walk around to see the Hardware store Michael robbed, the Myers house, Lynda's house, Annie's house, the hedge Michael hides behind and Laurie's house.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Sure hope the other two stories are better, that first was a weak time travel piece that was like the Spielberg installment of The Twilight Zone. No horror at all, just strange occurances.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:And now I'm at Haddonfield High School. Lol. The exterior shot are all within like a mile of each other. From here gonna park the car in the neighborhood and walk around to see the Hardware store Michael robbed, the Myers house, Lynda's house, Annie's house, the hedge Michael hides behind and Laurie's house.
So damn awesome. This area is genuinely creepy walking alone at night. :D
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:After trying to filter more of my Amazon list, I selected Dead of Night next.

Amazon is really really bad with years. I am crazy good at getting within a year when guessing when movies came out. It's a totally weird talent I have. Amazon drives me crazy getting that shit wrong. Sometimes I wonder if maybe they go with a recent Blu Ray or DVD release year?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:After trying to filter more of my Amazon list, I selected Dead of Night next.

Amazon is really really bad with years. I am crazy good at getting within a year when guessing when movies came out. It's a totally weird talent I have. Amazon drives me crazy getting that shit wrong. Sometimes I wonder if maybe they go with a recent Blu Ray or DVD release year?
I do think that's what it is. Confuses me with album release dates too, when really they're listing that particular release.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Rogue
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Got home a few minutes ago. Beautiful vinyl. Of course I played "I Don't Need Words" first. Gotta hear the Madman theme now.