Trump can't stop winning!

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Trump can't stop winning!

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Thanks, Cool Breeze.
don't do that. it's more informative and interesting than a lot of the posts we do.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Pretty discouraging when a brief history lesson is treated as far left political spin. I tried. :P
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:Last few points: Aboriginal people on three continents were essentially wiped out under the banner of Christianity. On the flip side, generally when Muslims were able to conquer the known world and they took over Christian and Jewish regions during the original caliphates, those people were taxed more but were allowed to continue practicing their faith peacefully.

Do you want to know the real fundamental problem with Islam that separates it from Christianity and has resulted in more problems in our modern world? It was written to be a state-coordinated religion and Christianity wasn't (but essentially was used that way for a long time anyway). So the state can legitimately claim some autonomy and twist the original dogma to whatever extent they want to and are capable of while in power, the same cannot be done for Christianity (but, again, sometimes it still is). The problem is weak democracies and economies, Islam is just used as a tool by any radical that can get their hands on power in the region.

I think the real problem is that Islam is full of violent lunatics. Sometimes you don't need to read between the lines. If people were behaving like Muslims do on a daily basis, I think any sane person would question whether or not that want ANY association with it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Last few points: Aboriginal people on three continents were essentially wiped out under the banner of Christianity. On the flip side, generally when Muslims were able to conquer the known world and they took over Christian and Jewish regions during the original caliphates, those people were taxed more but were allowed to continue practicing their faith peacefully.

Do you want to know the real fundamental problem with Islam that separates it from Christianity and has resulted in more problems in our modern world? It was written to be a state-coordinated religion and Christianity wasn't (but essentially was used that way for a long time anyway). So the state can legitimately claim some autonomy and twist the original dogma to whatever extent they want to and are capable of while in power, the same cannot be done for Christianity (but, again, sometimes it still is). The problem is weak democracies and economies, Islam is just used as a tool by any radical that can get their hands on power in the region.

I think the real problem is that Islam is full of violent lunatics. Sometimes you don't need to read between the lines. If people were behaving like Muslims do on a daily basis, I think any sane person would question whether or not that want ANY association with it.
Facts and context be damned, right?

None of that is "reading between the lines", assuming you know what that means. It's literally just historical facts. That you think stating facts is trying to "read between the lines" is not a good look for your anti-Muslim arguments.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:

there are extremists in powerful positions in that part of the world. unchecked "morality".
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

If people were behaving like Muslims do on a daily basis

Almost 2 billion of 'em in the world. How do they behave on a daily basis? Imagine making that statement with "Christians" in the place of Muslims because of a heavy exposure to the Lord's Resistance Army or the NLFT.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the majority of people (muslims included) just want to be left alone to live their lives. you don't want the left to make out conservatives to all be white nationalists... but you're more than willing to accuse all muslims of violence and terrorism.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Only a few hundred million currently believe in some form of Sharia Law. So, I guess it's not that bad. Let me know when Christians start hijacking planes and suicide bombing people.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:the majority of people (muslims included) just want to be left alone to live their lives. you don't want the left to make out conservatives to all be white nationalists... but you're more than willing to accuse all muslims of violence and terrorism.
There's a double standard in the West without a doubt. I think it comes from media exposure.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Only a few hundred million currently believe in some form of Sharia Law. So, I guess it's not that bad. Let me know when Christians start hijacking planes and suicide bombing people.
Better to shoot up a Planned Parenthood in Colorado, I guess.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

So I guess Islam is judged by the fringe. So then all Republicans, ALL REPUBLICANS, are racist white supremacists. Because there's definitely a few of them. But if its a few, its basically all, right. Seems legit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Only a few hundred million currently believe in some form of Sharia Law. So, I guess it's not that bad. Let me know when Christians start hijacking planes and suicide bombing people.
How many times has that occurred?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

what would happen to the world if a few hundred million muslims were willing to do that? we'd all be dead. it's not happening, because the majority are not extremists. it's easier to call them all bad, more black and white that way. but i think you know that's not true.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
what would happen to the world if a few hundred million muslims were willing to do that? we'd all be dead. it's not happening, because the majority are not extremists. it's easier to call them all bad, more black and white that way. but i think you know that's not true.
As far as not standing a chance, if we didn't have a country based on a system of constitutional law, westernized values and individual freedom, you're right. It'd probably be rough, we wouldn't stand a chance. We'd almost look like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, or something.

Good thing we're not. :D
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:If people were behaving like Muslims do on a daily basis

Almost 2 billion of 'em in the world. How do they behave on a daily basis? Imagine making that statement with "Christians" in the place of Muslims because of a heavy exposure to the Lord's Resistance Army or the NLFT.
So...if we are to make top ten lists of nations you want to live in, how many are Muslim?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lol'd
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:So I guess Islam is judged by the fringe. So then all Republicans, ALL REPUBLICANS, are racist white supremacists. Because there's definitely a few of them. But if its a few, its basically all, right. Seems legit.
Their "fringe" is pretty wide...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
As far as not standing a chance, if we didn't have a country based on a system of constitutional law, westernized values and individual freedom, you're right. It'd probably be rough, we wouldn't stand a chance. We'd almost look like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, or something.

Good thing we're not. :D
like i said extremists in powerful positions. not the majority. not even in afghanistan or pakistan.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
How many times has that occurred?
If the question you want to be answered is "how many times", there have been hundreds of terrorist acts to varying degrees committed by people targeting abortion clinics since Roe v. Wade in this country. In comparison, less than 20 domestic terrorist attacks committed by Muslims in that time period.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

List of Christian nation's national past times:
- baseball
- tennis
- golf

List of Muslim nation's national past times:
- stoning gays
- beheading infidels