October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
zombie
Administrator

Re: October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Post by zombie »

an hour to go. an hour to go.....
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I've been selecting mine at random after accumulating stuff onto my Amazon watchlist. So I have no expectations.

I did recently add both Island of Death and Mother to my list. Would be nice for better once, disappointing I've only seen one I've given as high as a B+ to, but I guess that's better than coming across an F.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i don't think anyone should give island of death a watch. tigg was cruel for ever suggesting it, even if it was just for others to share in his misery. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:i don't think anyone should give island of death a watch. tigg was cruel for ever suggesting it, even if it was just for others to share in his misery. :P
lol
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I tried to watch Man Bites Dog on youtube but it was divided into 7 parts with the 2nd part missing. :evil:
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:I tried to watch Man Bites Dog on youtube but it was divided into 7 parts with the 2nd part missing. :evil:
Have you seen Man's Best Friend? That is a pretty quality watch for a B-movie. And Lance Henriksen is in it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I've got lots of new watches lined up. Not gonna get to them all, but of the ones I'm pretty certain I'll watch, I think either The Blob (1988) or The Exorcist III: The Heretic will be my favorite. Haven't seen either of those and I've only seen The Exorcist and no other movie in the franchise.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Mistake
Last edited by Havok on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:
Monster wrote:I tried to watch Man Bites Dog on youtube but it was divided into 7 parts with the 2nd part missing. :evil:
Have you seen Man's Best Friend? That is a pretty quality watch for a B-movie. And Lance Henriksen is in it.
I don't think so, but it's on youtube and I've got it bookmarked. Thanks for the suggestion.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Meant to ask this at the start of the challenge, but regarding new watches, what else do you all have lined up, and which ones do you expect will be your favorite? Least favorite?
anna and the apocalypse,
I didn't care for that at all, but you'll probably be one of the few that might actually enjoy it. Not that I have anything against musicals, but the musical numbers were just dumb High School Musical type songs which just sucked.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:
Jason wrote:
I don't think so, but it's on youtube and I've got it bookmarked. Thanks for the suggestion.
Nice.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Meant to ask this at the start of the challenge, but regarding new watches, what else do you all have lined up, and which ones do you expect will be your favorite? Least favorite?
anna and the apocalypse,
I didn't care for that at all, but you'll probably be one of the few that might actually enjoy it. Not that I have anything against musicals, but the musical numbers were just dumb High School Musical type songs which just sucked.
so is it like stage fright? (the one with meatloaf, not the 80s one with the owl guy)
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:I've got lots of new watches lined up. Not gonna get to them all, but of the ones I'm pretty certain I'll watch, I think either The Blob (1988) or The Exorcist III: The Heretic will be my favorite. Haven't seen either of those and I've only seen The Exorcist and no other movie in the franchise.
isn't the heretic the subtitle for exorcist 2? exorcist III is awesome though, so definitely watch that!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Finishing out the night with Day of the Dead
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:I've got lots of new watches lined up. Not gonna get to them all, but of the ones I'm pretty certain I'll watch, I think either The Blob (1988) or The Exorcist III: The Heretic will be my favorite. Haven't seen either of those and I've only seen The Exorcist and no other movie in the franchise.
isn't the heretic the subtitle for exorcist 2? exorcist III is awesome though, so definitely watch that!
Si. And yes, Exorcist III: Legion is fantastic.

2 is pretty lousy.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:i don't think anyone should give island of death a watch. tigg was cruel for ever suggesting it, even if it was just for others to share in his misery. :P
:lol:
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

zombie wrote:
Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:
anna and the apocalypse,
so is it like stage fright? (the one with meatloaf, not the 80s one with the owl guy)
I liked Stage Fright more and at least the songs were prevalent to the story progression. I don't know, I guess it's more akin to Repo, but with random dance numbers throughout.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:
Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:
anna and the apocalypse,
I liked Stage Fright more and at least the songs were prevalent to the story progression. I don't know, I guess it's more akin to Repo, but with random dance numbers throughout.
but repo's songs were relevant to that story... i guess i'll just have to watch and see for myself.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

random dance numbers makes it sound like the lure, maybe. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Monster wrote:
Jason wrote:
Seconded. I remember my cousin and I cruised around to like 5 different Blockbusters late one night on the hunt for that bitch (namely because it was a preview on Judgment Night). Found it, watched it, wasn't worth all that hassle, but I dug it.

Damn, those were the days. Hunting at videos stores for a b-horror movie simply because I liked the preview.