Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: one wants to see america fall. bill maher made an outrageous dumb comment for the benefit of his audience.

trump is gonna get a second term and we'll be worse for it. but we reap what we sow...
No one wants to see America fall... except Bill Maher's audience?

It sucks when people hate Trump for the sake of hating him. He's been the best president since Eisenhower and people let the media cloud their judgment and spin phony narratives to the general public and so many eat it all up. It's pretty sad.
Pending next movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:S o to be clear, Trump using his office to personally help with his re-election campaign is now ok for Jason.
ImageImageImage
Pending next movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:If be wanting Obama impeached if he’d been this corrupt. Like, this is a massive issue and underscores how awful what he did is, it is legitimately likely now that he will be impeached since everything stacks up to abuse of power
I give you my word, he will not be impeached. And I am almost entirely certain the democrats won't even try. They know the bull shit they spew, and so do I, while many others don't.
Pending next movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Regardless, I will soon be retiring from these threads. We've all established over the years where we stand politically and the conversations go completely to shit now. News & Politics has turned into a negative cesspool since Trump's election and there is no argument to be made for either side of the spectrum anymore. Nobody's minds will change no matter what happens. Somebody change the name of this board to "I Am Right & You Are Wrong".
Pending next movie.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote: one wants to see america fall. bill maher made an outrageous dumb comment for the benefit of his audience.

trump is gonna get a second term and we'll be worse for it. but we reap what we sow...

It sucks when people hate Trump for the sake of hating him. He's been the best president since Eisenhower and people let the media cloud their judgment and spin phony narratives to the general public and so many eat it all up. It's pretty sad.
well, that's one way to twist it. but no. at least not in the majority. they want to hear outrageous and "funny" political comments. like i said, he's basically a shock jock.

it's easy to dismiss everyone as hating trump for the sake of hating him. you don't have to challenge them, or think about what they're saying. you just walk out your quick dismissal and that's that. it's the easy way out.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Regardless, I will soon be retiring from these threads. We've all established over the years where we stand politically and the conversations go completely to shit now. News & Politics has turned into a negative cesspool since Trump's election and there is no argument to be made for either side of the spectrum anymore. Nobody's minds will change no matter what happens. Somebody change the name of this board to "I Am Right & You Are Wrong".

that's the state of politics and our leaders have done nothing but to further push us in that direction.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

well, that's one way to twist it. but no. at least not in the majority. they want to hear outrageous and "funny" political comments. like i said, he's basically a shock jock.

it's easy to dismiss everyone as hating trump for the sake of hating him. you don't have to challenge them, or think about what they're saying. you just walk out your quick dismissal and that's that. it's the easy way out.
I challenge everyone constantly in these threads with no effort in return. I am either ignored completely or it's addressed in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. Just look at Seb's post. I took a few minutes to write out what Bill Taylor's testimony means and Seb just takes it as me being OK with Trump meddling with elections.

Guy 1: There is a group of women beaters over there.
Guy 2: OK, let me go talk to them and see if I can get any evidence to support your claim.
Seb: Jason supports women beaters.
Pending next movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Regardless, I will soon be retiring from these threads. We've all established over the years where we stand politically and the conversations go completely to shit now. News & Politics has turned into a negative cesspool since Trump's election and there is no argument to be made for either side of the spectrum anymore. Nobody's minds will change no matter what happens. Somebody change the name of this board to "I Am Right & You Are Wrong".

that's the state of politics and our leaders have done nothing but to further push us in that direction.
I completely disagree. Don't know what you're looking at, but we have the best president since Eisenhower in office right now doing work despite blatant obstructionism from the House because they are partisan hacks. If Trump wore a blue suit instead of a red suit, nearly all of you would be in love with him.
Pending next movie.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

I completely disagree. Don't know what you're looking at, but we have the best president since Eisenhower in office right now doing work despite blatant obstructionism from the House because they are partisan hacks. If Trump wore a blue suit instead of a red suit, nearly all of you would be in love with him.
what is the purpose of calling "fake news" when you're criticized or questioned on an issue? what is the purpose of calling for people who you disagree with politically to be fired? is that not to push toward "i'm right and you're wrong"?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

I challenge everyone constantly in these threads with no effort in return. I am either ignored completely or it's addressed in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. Just look at Seb's post. I took a few minutes to write out what Bill Taylor's testimony means and Seb just takes it as me being OK with Trump meddling with elections.

Guy 1: There is a group of women beaters over there.
Guy 2: OK, let me go talk to them and see if I can get any evidence to support your claim.
Seb: Jason supports women beaters.
we've all been ignored when we've tried to address things sometimes. it bites, but we're all guilty of toward someone else here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

what is the purpose of calling "fake news" when you're criticized or questioned on an issue? what is the purpose of calling for people who you disagree with politically to be fired? is that not to push toward "i'm right and you're wrong"?
You've clearly never heard Trump at podiums openly embracing criticism and questions on issues. When the media doubles back and spins things he said to fit their narrative and gain clicks, he has the right to never give them the opportunity to ask him questions again. But he still does. He is a better man than me. If I were in that position I would set an example of them and never give them another question again. They can question and criticize me all they want, but when they twist the truth to fit their narrative, it is no longer journalism.
Pending next movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:we've all been ignored when we've tried to address things sometimes. it bites, but we're all guilty of toward someone else here.
There is no question that people think less of me because of my support for Trump. It is just not worth posting much anymore in here.
Pending next movie.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

You've clearly never heard Trump at podiums openly embracing criticism and questions on issues. When the media doubles back and spins things he said to fit their narrative and gain clicks, he has the right to never give them the opportunity to ask him questions again. But he still does. He is a better man than me. If I were in that position I would set an example of them and never give them another question again. They can question and criticize me all they want, but when they twist the truth to fit their narrative, it is no longer journalism.
he has done the things that i brought up. give me an example of him addressing a criticism in a balanced way?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:we've all been ignored when we've tried to address things sometimes. it bites, but we're all guilty of toward someone else here.
There is no question that people think less of me because of my support for Trump. It is just not worth posting much anymore in here.

there is no question that people don't take me seriously or are quick to dismiss me because i don't support him. and i agree there's not a lot of worth to posting in this section, as it stands lately.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:he has done the things that i brought up. give me an example of him addressing a criticism in a balanced way?
I can't. The videos exist, but youtube's algorithm manipulates search results in politics now. I'll have to sift through 10-20 pages of horse shit before getting to results I'm looking for. It is a cancer. You'll just have to take me at my word.
Pending next movie.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:he has done the things that i brought up. give me an example of him addressing a criticism in a balanced way?
I can't. The videos exist, but youtube's algorithm manipulates search results in politics now. I'll have to sift through 10-20 pages of horse shit before getting to results I'm looking for. It is a cancer. You'll just have to take me at my word.
oh okay. i don't doubt that you've seen that and haven't seen the other at all.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Oh, stop being a pussy snowflake. I've even changed my mind on some issues because you, Head, or Foo would set me straight. I was known as a flip flopper. Remember? I still love ya bro, no matter how much we argue in these political threads. Like Reign told me a long time ago, the political disagreements roll off my back. I argue with Foo more than anyone. But he's always reached out to me, and he's a good guy. Without discussions and disagreement, we will never learn. Keep doing what you do.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Most of us don't think less of you. I surely don't. I have a best friend who is more Trump supportin' than you. It's all good. At least in my eyes.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It (impeachment) currently has more support than it did for Nixon. It’s not going away as this is showing incredible levels of corruption and even you can’t defend it, just dismiss it. That’s why it moves forward.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Oh, stop being a pussy snowflake. I've even changed my mind on some issues because you, Head, or Foo would set me straight. I was known as a flip flopper. Remember? I still love ya bro, no matter how much we argue in these political threads. Like Reign told me a long time ago, the political disagreements roll off my back. I argue with Foo more than anyone. But he's always reached out to me, and he's a good guy. Without discussions and disagreement, we will never learn. Keep doing what you do.
Lol. JMac with the win!

For the record, I do see your point, we haven’t got enough fresh takes in here to really matter. But at the same time this is the only forum I have to even make comments like I do. Can’t use Facebook or my twitter account to discuss politics. So that’s why I like it. :)

Big hug buddies