October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:What’s the Hootenanny thing? I missed something I’m guessing.
Joe Bob Briggs The Last Drive-in Halloween special on Shudder s'pose to be a bunch of forgotten Halloween themed movies
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Huh. Sounds interesting at least but unlikely to be in the UK I suppose.

Really enjoying this weird film. Not often you see a proper weird artsy film anymore.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Its going to be awesome
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Monster wrote:Some Guy Who Kills People
not bad at all.

Now onto Microwave Massacre
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

This film is so fucking weird. It’s intensely trippy and bizarre.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I need a new watch A+ movie so far I like Stage Fright the best with Repulsion a close second but they both got grades of A
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

One of those where in any even work out if I understand what it is and can’t figure out if I’m missing something or if that’s the point. 10 minute scene of a doorbell ringing and the man answering and he’s the one ringing the doorbell to warn himself someone is there to kill him which it turns out is him as he thinks he’s his own intruder. All done in trippy green and red lights and flashy cuts.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Think he just skinned himself and put his own face on.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Think this is on Shudder if anyone wants to let me know if this is in fact as crazy as I think it is. Any takers?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:Think this is on Shudder if anyone wants to let me know if this is in fact as crazy as I think it is. Any takers?
the strange color of your body's tears is not available on shudder here. it looks to be on another channel called strand releasing. i don't have that one myself.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Think this is on Shudder if anyone wants to let me know if this is in fact as crazy as I think it is. Any takers?
the strange color of your body's tears is not available on shudder here. it looks to be on another channel called strand releasing. i don't have that one myself.
Damn. I’d really love to see if anyone had a coherent take on this as a film. It’s a collection of incredibly strange and creepy dream-like scenes in the guise of a missing wife abduction film with tons of weird changes in camera work and style.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Damn. I’d really love to see if anyone had a coherent take on this as a film. It’s a collection of incredibly strange and creepy dream-like scenes in the guise of a missing wife abduction film with tons of weird changes in camera work and style.
that does sound like something i'd be interested to see. hope shudder will get it over here, at some point.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
that does sound like something i'd be interested to see. hope shudder will get it over here, at some point.
If you do catch it let me know so I can chat about it. 100% the most interesting film of this challenge, by a country mile.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
If you do catch it let me know so I can chat about it. 100% the most interesting film of this challenge, by a country mile.

hmm.. turns out i have just enough to rent, in my gift card balance. will watch tomorrow probably.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
hmm.. turns out i have just enough to rent, in my gift card balance. will watch tomorrow probably.
How much is renting a film? Expensive? Or do they make it affordable. Just aware it might not be your (or anyone’s) cup of tea, wouldn’t want you to go too out of pocket.

That being said a second take would be appreciated.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

wow. I had no idea dead folks could swallow.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:wow. I had no idea dead folks could swallow.
What?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Well that was done crazy well in terms of cinematic style. Very interesting. But also very odd.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Still lost on some of the plot despite my best efforts.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:wow. I had no idea dead folks could swallow.
What?
Double what!