Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

All viable alternatives!!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

You say that as if sex Ed and contraceptives aren’t way more prevalent in Blue states than Red.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:You say that as if sex Ed and contraceptives aren’t way more prevalent in Blue states than Red.
Boom.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:You say that as if sex Ed and contraceptives aren’t way more prevalent in Blue states than Red.
They wanna do away with all that shit. They are doing "God's work". Its the whole morality thang.

Anyway, back to the original post about the link I provided. An ectopic pregnancy can happen even with women who can't have kids. If it ever happens to my wife, and it has before, she could die.

And it almost happened. It's a long story, but she survived cervical cancer years before I met her. With this law, it would provide too much red tape for my wife to be able to get that procedure. Or worse. People could be prosecuted. I mean, this is over the top for me.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
They wanna do away with all that shit. They are doing "God's work". Its the whole morality thang.

Anyway, back to the original post about the link I provided. An ectopic pregnancy can happen even with women who can't have kids. If it ever happens to my wife, and it has before, she could die.

And it almost happened. It's a long story, but she survived cervical cancer years before I met her. With this law, it would provide too much red tape for my wife to be able to get that procedure. Or worse. People could be prosecuted. I mean, this is over the top for me.
I guess I should wear rubbers!

It would be a really extreme and rare occurence for my wife to have another ectopic "pregnancy". But the option should be available for us to be able to make those decisions that could save her life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Based on what? Blue states are the ones advocating for abortions, which is the topic at hand, here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Boom.
Boom what? What's the "gotcha", here?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

They're just advocating to keep the choice available. They're not handing them out like candy. As the saying goes: don't want one don't get one.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Right. I'm for that, as well...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Based on what? Blue states are the ones advocating for abortions, which is the topic at hand, here.
the topic should be everything. abortion, contraception, sex education. trying to outlaw abortion clinics, trying to keep sex-ed out of schools. etc
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

So they should talk about that. All they're saying is how badly they want abortions. Wear condoms. Birth control pill. At least pull out, ffs.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so we can agree that they should talk about and consider things that already being talked about and considered.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Sure, but also do it in the mainstream and not limit it to how much they love abortions.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

instead of talking about the evils of abortions and how it needs to be outlawed, talk publicly about adoption and other "pro-life" options in the mainstream?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:instead of talking about the evils of abortions and how it needs to be outlawed, talk publicly about adoption and other "pro-life" options in the mainstream?
I see that far more often from the right, tbh... Left is "abort first, fix issue later"
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:instead of talking about the evils of abortions and how it needs to be outlawed, talk publicly about adoption and other "pro-life" options in the mainstream?
I see that far more often from the right, tbh... Left is "abort first, fix issue later"
if "pro-life options" are gonna come from anywhere, it'll be the right. yeah. but i don't see that. beyond you're a horrible person if you consider abortion. and let's outlaw abortion! let's also outlaw sex education in our schools! and no offering of actual pro-life options, just anti-abortion.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It’s 100% fact that sex Ed and contraceptive access is more readily available in blue states. I didn’t even think it needed to be said.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Odd that they don't use them and would rather hit the abortion clinic instead.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Oh and again needless to say, this talking point of “wanting” abortions is a load of crap. It’s about access. No argument to be had if you can’t understand that basic point.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Odd that they don't use them and would rather hit the abortion clinic instead.
You’re doing nothing but making shit up here. You badly need to brush up on the politics and history of this debate.