Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by zombie »

what is the percentage of abortions vs. use of contraception? what is the percentage of abortion vs. adoption? these are things to talk about rather than just harping on democrats are just "all abortion, all the time!"
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:instead of talking about the evils of abortions and how it needs to be outlawed, talk publicly about adoption and other "pro-life" options in the mainstream?
I see that far more often from the right, tbh... Left is "abort first, fix issue later"
if "pro-life options" are gonna come from anywhere, it'll be the right. yeah. but i don't see that. beyond you're a horrible person if you consider abortion. and let's outlaw abortion! let's also outlaw sex education in our schools! and no offering of actual pro-life options, just anti-abortion.
Yup. The right’s solution is no sex Ed because it’s inappropriate for children, no abortions because it’s murder, limit access to birth control because god knows why, and just tell kids to not have sex because it’s bad.

There are no solutions, just delusions.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:You’re doing nothing but making shit up here.
Condescending Carl coming through with a clutch cameo.

Making shit up? A man's word is his bond, remember? Call me a liar? OMG thisistheworst thing you've ever done.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Condescending Carl coming through with a clutch cameo.

Making shit up? A man's word is his bond, right? Call me a liar? OMG thisistheworst thing you've ever done.
You actually think the shit is true. This is just the rudimentary way you think. You don't have any correct information to lie about there, it's all spawned from your delusional ego.

Also, being a whiny vagina and spreading your whiny vagina-ness all over the board instead of ever owning up to this stuff is a bad look.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Shut up, Carl. You're GOAT hypocrite. Never owning up to that factoid is a bad look.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:I hate that solution #1 for Democrats is abortabortabort
This statement makes zero sense. A major political party is not trying to push people into having abortions who don't need one, that's a strange way to frame the issue to say the least.
Instead of advocating for people to have safe sex or consider adoption, they would rather advocate for regulating abortions and not address the main issues at hand.
Yeah, would be so much more productive to put on the Captain Hindsight suit and say "you should have worn a condom" after an unwanted pregnancy instead of just addressing the current reality.
Yeah, would also be so much easier to put on the condom than to go through an abortion.
Again, so much more productive to say someone should have done something than addressing the current reality. You know you're allowed to think, right?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Does Jason not know condoms aren't 100% full proof?

Know what is? Swallowing :P

Or, and I'm certain Slaughter said this, anal :P
He doesn't.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Shut up, Carl.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Shut up, Carl. You're GOAT hypocrite. Never owning up to that factoid is a bad look.
It's pathetic that you want to drag this all over the forum. No respect for your fellow posters, not unlike when you call people disingenuous or liars for disagreeing with you.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I sincerely apologize to the rest of you for this. An abortion argument here would have just been an abortion argument, smarmy back-and-forths between us or no. It was never my intention for Jason to drag our argument from the football thread into other threads. He's holding a grudge for me calling out his disrespect toward the rest of you, and it looks like he wants to follow me around with it. To be clear, I don't want any part of it.

It's on Jason whether he wants to continue to bury the entire forum in this shit or not. Couldn't care less how he feels about me, but he should have some respect the rest of you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Quit trying to play the good guy. We're both engaging in horse shit 24/7. I've extended olive branch after olive branch to which you ignore and continue to attack me personally. For years this has gone on and it's evident throughout the history of this site.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it looks like "about 135,000 children per year are adopted in the US" and about 59 percent is from foster or child welfare (as opposed to from other countries) http://archive.pov.org/offandrunning/fact-sheet/

"Some 60% of all women of reproductive age are currently using a contraceptive method." https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/c ... ted-states

this is the best i can find for abortion rate: For 2014, the Guttmacher Institute reported 926,200 abortions, an abortion rate of 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15 to 44 years. (from wikipedia)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I am done extending the olive branch. We clearly can't get along and you have some bizarre disdain for me. For the good of the site, I'm leaving it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:I am done extending the olive branch. We clearly can't get along and you have some bizarre disdain for me. For the good of the site, I'm leaving it.
you don't have to leave. no one is asking for that! just ignore his comments toward you. you don't have to engage him.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'm taking this to PMs. Completely unacceptable to follow me around into different threads and flame me. Do not continue this in here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Completely unacceptable to follow me around into different threads and flame me.
You are unreal.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:I am done extending the olive branch. We clearly can't get along and you have some bizarre disdain for me. For the good of the site, I'm leaving it.
you don't have to leave. no one is asking for that! just ignore his comments toward you. you don't have to engage him.
It's not that simple.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
It's not that simple.
well, you do what you gotta do. but i think leaving the board is a severe overreaction.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

PMs not working (?), but he didn't say he was leaving the forum. He said he was going to stop talking to me (yeah, right). Half an hour after disrupting the topic at hand in order to flame me about something said in another thread. So calling him out does work, sometimes.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

No, I meant the forum. And I'm not taking this to PMs. We've spewed the board for years since you came back and now you want to make it private? Silly.