Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by zombie »

no one trashed on let the right one in because it was swedish. we defended let me in, because we enjoyed it. and yeah, seb didn't. and that fed into us defending it more. but that isn't comparable to this at all.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

To further clarify my hippie point because I maybe didn’t connect the last dot, a lot of those people were on the front lines fighting alongside disenfranchised communities. And taking to the streets is exactly how you pressure the establishment to change. So yeah. And a lot of them did partake in *gasp* open sexual relations and drug use.

The hippie legacy is certainly complex because every individual had their own goals and some were more selfish and materialistic than others. But many helped change the world, socially, culturally, politically. And history is VERY kind to those people.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:no one trashed on let the right one in because it was swedish. we defended let me in, because we enjoyed it. and yeah, seb didn't. and that fed into us defending it more. but that isn't comparable to this at all.
What do you mean? You're clearly racist...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:To further clarify my hippie point because I maybe didn’t connect the last dot, a lot of those people were on the front lines fighting alongside disenfranchised communities. And taking to the streets is exactly how you pressure the establishment to change. So yeah. And a lot of them did partake in *gasp* open sexual relations and drug use.

The hippie legacy is certainly complex because every individual had their own goals and some were more selfish and materialistic than others. But many helped change the world, socially, culturally, politically. And history is VERY kind to those people.
Watching you defend those lazy retards is not what I expected. But entertaining, regardless.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:no one trashed on let the right one in because it was swedish. we defended let me in, because we enjoyed it. and yeah, seb didn't. and that fed into us defending it more. but that isn't comparable to this at all.
because i like both a swedish film and an american remake of said swedish film? were gone with the wind or sunset boulevard remakes of parasite, is that where this is supposed to connect to the other conversation? i don't follow.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I’m pretty sure you’re right and I misremembered. Most of us liked LTROI and we also really liked Let Me In. Seb was not among that group and got sorta defensive and we just busted his balls about it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:To further clarify my hippie point because I maybe didn’t connect the last dot, a lot of those people were on the front lines fighting alongside disenfranchised communities. And taking to the streets is exactly how you pressure the establishment to change. So yeah. And a lot of them did partake in *gasp* open sexual relations and drug use.

Watching you defend those lazy retards is not what I expected. But entertaining, regardless.
It’s really fucking embarrassing how proud you are of your ignorance.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
You have yet to make a single cogent point in this discussion.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
because i like both a swedish film and an american remake of said swedish film? were gone with the wind or sunset boulevard remakes of parasite, is that where this is supposed to connect to the other conversation? i don't follow.
Exactly. I can say off the wall shit too.

I can double down on the nonsense and say the fact you're confused by all this is offensive, and you know something it sounds like race-baiting to me.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
You have yet to make a single cogent point in this discussion.
There's no convincing you of your ignorance, so of course it will never be a cogent point to you.

And around and around we go.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

I can double down on the nonsense and say the fact you're confused by all this is offensive, and you know something it sounds like race-baiting to me.
This is really pathetic, Jason.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

can you explain what points to me being critical of the film or it's director because they don't speak the same language that i do? because i can point that out with the comments that trump spouted to his audience.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

This is really pathetic, Jason.
Right. I'm glad you can see it's pathetic when I troll you with it, but not see how pathetic it is when you do it with absolute sincerity.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

can you explain what points to me being critical of the film or it's director because they don't speak the same language that i do? because i can point that out with the comments that trump spouted to his audience.
I'd rather you point out the racism and bigotry.

I really don't give a shit that Trump clowned on the Academy Awards for giving a foreign film the best picture award. I really don't give a shit, and I'd equally care as much about it if Obama or HIllary said it instead of Trump. I truly don't care. But I guess that makes me a nazi sympathizer or white nationalist.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

All Jason has done here is make terrible analogies, bullshit straw men, say “everyone” has done this and then backtrack at record speed, and revel in his ignorance of the most basic US history.

It’s easily the worst argument ever put forth on this website and there isn’t a close second.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:All Jason has done here is make terrible analogies, bullshit straw men, say “everyone” has done this and then backtrack at record speed, and revel in his ignorance of history.

It’s easily the worst argument ever put forth on this website and there isn’t a close second.
The hilarity with this post is my argument is literally your argument, but in troll form. lol.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:

I really don't give a shit that Trump clowned on the Academy Awards for giving a foreign film the best picture award. I really don't give a shit, and I'd equally care as much about it if Obama or HIllary said it instead of Trump. I truly don't care. But I guess that makes me a nazi sympathizer or white nationalist.
no. if you don't care. don't drone on about it.

and if trump honestly just didn't like parasite as a film, or whoever he was parroting, because he just didn't like the film.. cool. but that's not what this is. but again, if you don't care, then prove it and don't respond to me and we'll move on.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

and if trump honestly just didn't like parasite as a film, or whoever he was parroting, because he just didn't like the film.. cool. but that's not what this is. but again, if you don't care, then prove it and don't respond to me and we'll move on.
That's not at all what I said this is. Read my post you quoted.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

That's not at all what I said this is. Read my post you quoted.
okay. we'll carry it on then.

what was the point of his clowning the academy awards? because a foreign film shouldn't win best picture at an american awards show? is that what you're meaning to get at? explain the jab to me. because i may not be getting it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:All Jason has done here is make terrible analogies, bullshit straw men, say “everyone” has done this and then backtrack at record speed, and revel in his ignorance of history.

The hilarity with this post is my argument is literally your argument, but in troll form. lol.
Very convenient after the worst run of analogies and straw men I’ve ever seen. You may be trolling but you actually think you’re exposing the rest of us with this nonsense, and you haven’t come close to that. You’re not being clever or funny or getting any gotchas, you’re just on a run of saying the absolute dumbest shit possible and for whatever reason, you won’t stop.