Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

So I was kind of joking when I brought it up, but apparently he actually does own stock in the company that produces hydroxychloroquine. Lol.

So yeah. Always follow the money and always tune out the snake oil salesmen.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Or, give up and die because Trump is a big meanie and you don't want to give him the satisfaction of saving a life by spreading the word about the effectiveness of the drug.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Proven is not the word for this.
agreed. clinical tests are there for a reason. you need to take into account other things, beyond this random patient took it and looks to be on the mend.
Not patient, *patients. If doctors are swearing by this, fully endorsing it, and now reserving the supply for the very ill because they don't want to blow through the entire medical supply of the drug, it is clearly working at a wonderfully promising rate.
random patients. not patients in a controlled trial. if it works, awesome. it will be certified by the fda and used across the board. and the argument will be moot. but until we get there.....
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:people are scared. the president gave a suggestion. and thus a run on the drug. that is why the shelves were empty, in head's anecdote. we'll have to see what comes with this, ultimately. but make no mistake, this is playing with fire, until we actually know that it works across the board.

if it does work, then the coronavirus is over and beaten, and we don't have to worry about anyone's cuisine choices.
Doctors have to prescribe the drug. You can't just get it without a doctor's endorsement. It is flying off the shelves because it's working. Now is the time to step back and only prescribe it to patients who are very ill so we can avoid blowing through our supplies. That's how effective it is.

Until a new strain mutates that has a 50% kill rate. China needs to stop eating road kill. The fact we're living under quarantine in the middle of a pandemic because of China and you're not bothered by them continuing the ritual that caused it is bizarre. THIS is playing with fire.
i'm not going on national tv suggesting anything, or hell, even on twitter. i'm not giving any kind of advice one way or the other on any remotely large scale. i am not playing with fire. :P

i just see the history. eating bats has been linked to other viruses. we've beaten them. if you're right, we're beating the coronavirus. china is not the only one to eat bats or "road kill" either. so if that is indeed the cause and we haven't beaten the virus or if there is solid evidence to suggest that covid will mutate, do something about it worldwide, including china.
You're also not surrounded by a team of medical professionals. You think Trump just thunk up hydroxychloroquine the other day and decided to advise the rest of the medical world to look into it? If he did, it would make him an irrefutably educated genius of an orange man.

All the viruses are linked to China. Specifically the wet markets. Specifically in Wigan. Spanish Flu, bird flu, Sars, ebola... All linked to China's wet markets.
he didn't just recommend it to doctors or the medical world. that would have been cool. i wouldn't have even heard about it, really. either. :P let's don't make this about the person that gave the advice. but the advice given.

i question the validity of your second statement.
Again, the only people that can prescribe hydroxychloroquine are medical professionals. You can't just go out and buy it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Zero evidence to suggest that the Spanish flu started in China, of course. A lot of origins have been suggested, including France and the US. The first recorded case was in Kansas for all that’s worth.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Again, the only people that can prescribe hydroxychloroquine are medical professionals. You can't just go out and buy it.
and there is a history of people pressuring doctors into prescribing things, is there not?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
agreed. clinical tests are there for a reason. you need to take into account other things, beyond this random patient took it and looks to be on the mend.
Not patient, *patients. If doctors are swearing by this, fully endorsing it, and now reserving the supply for the very ill because they don't want to blow through the entire medical supply of the drug, it is clearly working at a wonderfully promising rate.
random patients. not patients in a controlled trial. if it works, awesome. it will be certified by the fda and used across the board. and the argument will be moot. but until we get there.....
Yup. Let the process play out and if it really is the miracle drug, the process will bear that out. Which wouldn’t make Trump’s current TV peddling any less irresponsible. Serious crisis of leadership in this country right now.
Last edited by Headhunter on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Spanish Flu that killed 50 million Originated in China, Historians Say

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nation ... nce-health
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yes, that’s one of the theories. That it’s just a theory is even reflected in the subheading...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
It's not impossible to get. Doctors all across the nation could prescribe it throughout the pandemic with a 100% success rate without the FDA ever getting off their asses.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Yes, that’s one of the theories. That it’s just a theory is even reflected in the subheading...
Not just a theory. It's an "all signs point to" situation.

"We are only slightly less certain that Spanish Flu came from China, but all the other flus, yeah, we're certain".

If I have a dog and I come home to him hiding in the corner with trash strewn about the house, I'm fairly certain the dog is responsible.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

No, not really. There isn’t nearly enough information available to get to that point and there has been plenty of scholarship making a compelling argument for both sides, much like the Kansas, UK and France theories.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Well, I certainly lean toward the serial flu spreaders being the pesky culprit in this one, too.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Indeed. To suggest anything else is a moral failing.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You can bitch about the Chinese until the cows come home, but it doesn’t matter. It’s here and it’s bad and everything that happens now that it’s here is the responsibility of the US government. The failure at the top cannot be ignored.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:So I was kind of joking when I brought it up, but apparently he actually does own stock in the company that produces hydroxychloroquine. Lol.

Colour me surprised.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:You can bitch about the Chinese until the cows come home, but it doesn’t matter. It’s here and it’s bad and everything that happens now that it’s here is the responsibility of the US government. The failure at the top cannot be ignored.
Thank goodness for the border wall Trump is making that you're all so against. And thank goodness he ignored the WHO in January when they advised him not to suspend travel because Covid is not contagious.

100% blame: China, WHO (divvy it up to your liking!)
0% blame: Literally everything else
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:So I was kind of joking when I brought it up, but apparently he actually does own stock in the company that produces hydroxychloroquine. Lol.

Colour me surprised.
Color me apathetic!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah that border wall is really shutting the virus down. Lmao.

Awfully convenient that the US government isn’t responsible for how they respond to the crisis. Keep shaking your first at the Chinese though. That will do so much good while thousands of idiots pack churches and go to the beach.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Colour me surprised.
Color me apathetic!
Why the a- prefix?