Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by showa58taro »

Least exciting “read the quote” when you’re misquoting the key bit.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s just false on every level. Your whole schtick is the separation of powers, and Republicans in particular ducking love that States Rights argument which specifically goes against what he just said.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Trump just shat on Republican ideology from a great height.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The list of things Republicans used to stamp their feet about and now don’t care about at all since Trump was elected is endless.

I think you’ll find “states’ rights” was mostly a deflection to excuse awful shit the whole time.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:The list of things Republicans used to stamp their feet about and now don’t care about at all since Trump was elected is endless.

I think you’ll find “states’ rights” was mostly a deflection to excuse awful shit the whole time.
At some point there would be a reckoning for Republicans. Just didn’t picture it being this beautiful.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:i do not know the context around it, but trump did say that his "authority is total". that may be where jmac and seb are coming from, but again i don't know the context really.
Just reading his quote is all that needs to be done. Neither of them did, obviously. Do you have a thought on his actual quote that you want to address? Or are you just indifferent? I thought it was a perfectly ok thing to say.
don't pretend that is the only thing he's said on the subject. maybe he's trying to clarify himself after something else he also said. but that particular quote you gave seems fair, if that's the only thing he had ever said regarding this.
It's clearly the quote that matters, as the one J-Mac provided was taken out of context. He's clearly been watching CNN and Stephen Colbert.

There is more clarity in Trump's actual quote than in ANY of the third party outlets that spin it in the way they want you to see it. This is fake news.
Wtf? I havent seen Colbert since like 2013. Maybe one or two of his new gig. I listen to 700WLW which is a huge conservative station. Only guy I like on CNN is Jake Tapper. And I haven't seen any of his shows for probably a year. What the hell does that have to do with now? Yeah....I watched CNN on election day. You did too. Where have I ever disrespected you mang?
I don't believe you ever have, my good man. You're one of the rare ones with opposite views who I can jab with in politics anymore and not be hated. This is the shitshow I was referring to. There's no "agree to disagree" anymore. It's "my opinion is superior, and you're wrong".
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"Nothing matters to Trump but his wealth!"
He lost 66% if net worth since he began running for president, knowing full well his bank account would take a huge dive. Nonsense. Somebody explain to me how Nancy Pelosi is worth hundreds of millions of dollars despite never having a job in her life. Who's in it for the wealth again?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

telling people that they watch too much colbert or cnn. that they can't think for themselves. etc. is essentially the exact same as my opinion is right, and you're wrong.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:"Nothing matters to Trump but his wealth!"
He lost 66% if net worth since he began running for president, knowing full well his bank account would take a huge dive. Nonsense. Somebody explain to me how Nancy Pelosi is worth hundreds of millions of dollars despite never having a job in her life. Who's in it for the wealth again?
Who has said they liked Pelosi? The top 3 wealthiest Congressmen are Republicans. She is 23rd. She's rich as fuck. Most of them are. This is wiki but this was done by Roll Call. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _by_wealth

Of course these people are bought. They are shady af. That doesn make Trump any less shady.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Anyway....check this link-

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/30 ... ronavirus-(2019-ncovq

The WHO declared a public health emergency on 1/30/2020 and offered mitigation advice. The US Health and Human Services declared a public health emergency on 1/31/2020 following the WHO's lead and Trump announced his travel restrictions for travelers from China the same day to take effect on 2/2/2020.

This is what the WHO says about travel restrictions-

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles- ... 9-outbreak

And now he is defunding WHO. They said what would happen. Here is more. This is what WHO recommended on 1-31-20-

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/30 ... ronavirus-(2019-ncov

So the strategies we finally started to implement in mid-March which are slowing the spread and flattening the curve were recommended by the WHO in January. And we are still only half ass doing this stuff because testing is still a major problem. If you can't test that makes surveillance, detection, isolation, case management, contact tracing, and prevention of spread much more difficult or even impossible. But 'Merica!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Btw.....I borrowed that from a buddy of mine who is a Navy Seal and is neither Republican nor Democrat. Sorry, I wont take credit when it is not my work. But I researched it. It's there for everyone to see.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

2 weeks before on the 14th the W.H.O. said there were no signs of transmission between humans which is beyond ridiculous and they had already been warned of human to human transmission by Taiwan but ignored it. They called it a pandemic after CNN called it a pandemic. They are a joke and did everything exactly how China wanted them to do it. I wouldn't send another cent until they were thoroughly investigated. Trump fucked things up as well but he is not the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION who's main purpose is dealing with things like this.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:2 weeks before on the 14th the W.H.O. said there were no signs of transmission between humans which is beyond ridiculous and they had already been warned of human to human transmission by Taiwan but ignored it. They called it a pandemic after CNN called it a pandemic. They are a joke and did everything exactly how China wanted them to do it. I wouldn't send another cent until they were thoroughly investigated. Trump fucked things up as well but he is not the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION who's main purpose is dealing with things like this.
Did ya read my links? Good stuff in there.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:2 weeks before on the 14th the W.H.O. said there were no signs of transmission between humans which is beyond ridiculous and they had already been warned of human to human transmission by Taiwan but ignored it. They called it a pandemic after CNN called it a pandemic. They are a joke and did everything exactly how China wanted them to do it. I wouldn't send another cent until they were thoroughly investigated. Trump fucked things up as well but he is not the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION who's main purpose is dealing with things like this.
Did ya read my links? Good stuff in there.
Only the middle one works
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:The list of things Republicans used to stamp their feet about and now don’t care about at all since Trump was elected is endless.

At some point there would be a reckoning for Republicans. Just didn’t picture it being this beautiful.
They’ll find their way out of the gutter. They always do.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:"Nothing matters to Trump but his wealth!"
Who has said they liked Pelosi? The top 3 wealthiest Congressmen are Republicans. She is 23rd. She's rich as fuck. Most of them are. This is wiki but this was done by Roll Call. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _by_wealth

Of course these people are bought. They are shady af. That doesn make Trump any less shady.
It is just weird to me that people think Trump is in it for even more money when he lost MOST of his net worth when he ran for president.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:Anyway....check this link-

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/30 ... ronavirus-(2019-ncovq

The WHO declared a public health emergency on 1/30/2020 and offered mitigation advice. The US Health and Human Services declared a public health emergency on 1/31/2020 following the WHO's lead and Trump announced his travel restrictions for travelers from China the same day to take effect on 2/2/2020.

This is what the WHO says about travel restrictions-

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles- ... 9-outbreak

And now he is defunding WHO. They said what would happen. Here is more. This is what WHO recommended on 1-31-20-

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/30 ... ronavirus-(2019-ncov

So the strategies we finally started to implement in mid-March which are slowing the spread and flattening the curve were recommended by the WHO in January. And we are still only half ass doing this stuff because testing is still a major problem. If you can't test that makes surveillance, detection, isolation, case management, contact tracing, and prevention of spread much more difficult or even impossible. But 'Merica!
Bwahahahaha

Show me the link where they told Trump and other countries to do nothing because the virus isn't contagious.

Fuck the WHO. You should never click the link to their website again.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Also, Trump beginning the press meeting with a video montage of the fake news media being scum and incorrect (as usual) is the stuff of legends. He won't be my GOAT President, but he is the perfect candidate for the current political climate.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

He’s definitely earning plaudits from one section if the US social strata.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Also, Trump beginning the press meeting with a video montage of the fake news media being scum and incorrect (as usual) is the stuff of legends. He won't be my GOAT President, but he is the perfect candidate for the current political climate.
well with that in mind, maybe climate change wouldn't be such a bad thing afterall?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Also, Trump beginning the press meeting with a video montage of the fake news media being scum and incorrect (as usual) is the stuff of legends. He won't be my GOAT President, but he is the perfect candidate for the current political climate.
well with that in mind, maybe climate change wouldn't be such a bad thing afterall?
The reporter who questioned him was right. The movie he showed has a massive hole where all his inaction and inability to lead was :D

Climate change is a bit like the virus. It actually doesn’t give a fuck if you believe it or not. It’ll just keep killing you until you opt to do something or not. Most apt.