Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:At least I’ve never faltered in my political stance. :D

By the way Joe Biden’s latest ad was glorious. I have no idea who they hired but they are tearing Trump to pieces.
Let's see how a debate goes
Even if Joe was a good debater (he’s not great but he is emotive) the fewer debates the better. You don’t need debates on this one. You’re either a Trump guy or you aren’t. By this point, you’d know.
You cant hide Grampa Simpson forever eventually he will need to be seen and heard.
Happy to have him speak publicly, be on news shows, be in panel interviews, and hold whatever the equivalent of a sane rally is. I just think debates are a waste of time with Trump as he always lies as a default and we know what he’s like as a President (woeful)
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

By the way Joe Biden’s latest ad was glorious. I have no idea who they hired but they are tearing Trump to pieces.
Even if Joe was a good debater (he’s not great but he is emotive) the fewer debates the better. You don’t need debates on this one. You’re either a Trump guy or you aren’t. By this point, you’d know.
You cant hide Grampa Simpson forever eventually he will need to be seen and heard.
Happy to have him speak publicly, be on news shows, be in panel interviews, and hold whatever the equivalent of a sane rally is. I just think debates are a waste of time with Trump as he always lies as a default and we know what he’s like as a President (woeful)
Dude, Trump is gonna step to him, and Biden is gonna freak out and die. Maybe you got some Churchill/Roosevelt grandpa sympathy for him, but nobody is gonna roll them out on their death bed and vote for em, and that's what this is. Can't be doings.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Biden can get through about 10 seconds of competent speech at a time before he forgets everything.

Democrats need to hide him as much as possible.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Dude, Trump is gonna step to him, and Biden is gonna freak out and die. Maybe you got some Churchill/Roosevelt grandpa sympathy for him, but nobody is gonna roll them out on their death bed and vote for em, and that's what this is. Can't be doings.
I’d give Biden’s corpse a 53-47 odds of beating Trump at this point.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm Joe Biden, and I forgot this message.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

We gotta judge our candidates based on their rape records now?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:We gotta judge our candidates based on their rape records now?
JFK and Bill Clinton would have gotten crushed by Me Too.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Speculation rising from both sides indicating there may be evidence linking the virus to a Chinese lab in Wuhan, China denies.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Speculation rising from both sides indicating there may be evidence linking the virus to a Chinese lab in Wuhan, China denies.
I read that too somewhere. But not sure I buy it personally. Will keep an eye out for more but sounds too dumb to be a thing.

The protests show the biggest problem with Zombie films. Not enough people in cities insisting on their right to get bitten as anything less infringes their liberty.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

We definitely can't take China's word for it, as they've proven how untrustworthy they are, time and time again.

In fairness, it's a shitty flu. Keeping the elderly quarantined while the virus burns out quicker through the healthy population is likely the better option than shutting the world down indefinitely.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Maybe it's just coincidence that a virology lab with a history of unsafe practices studying bat viruses was a stone throw from a wet market where a bat virus sprung up. Give me a break seriously
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

There’s quite a big set of specific leaps to go from a lab studied a virus, to a lab specifically bred a virus, got it weapon used, and released it onto its own population and unleashed a pandemic. That’s all I’m saying. It just strikes me as implausible (but you’re right, not impossible) that it was an actual engineered bioweapon rather than a virus that successfully became a novel virus and transmitted swiftly. But that’s me. A lab by a wet market might be suspect or might be entirely logical. I know too little to assess.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:There’s quite a big set of specific leaps to go from a lab studied a virus, to a lab specifically bred a virus, got it weapon used, and released it onto its own population and unleashed a pandemic. That’s all I’m saying. It just strikes me as implausible (but you’re right, not impossible) that it was an actual engineered bioweapon rather than a virus that successfully became a novel virus and transmitted swiftly. But that’s me. A lab by a wet market might be suspect or might be entirely logical. I know too little to assess.
I dont know if they weaponized it but I do think they were careless with it and through negligence let it out. Knew they fucked up and lied about it and are still lying about it.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:There’s quite a big set of specific leaps to go from a lab studied a virus, to a lab specifically bred a virus, got it weapon used, and released it onto its own population and unleashed a pandemic. That’s all I’m saying. It just strikes me as implausible (but you’re right, not impossible) that it was an actual engineered bioweapon rather than a virus that successfully became a novel virus and transmitted swiftly. But that’s me. A lab by a wet market might be suspect or might be entirely logical. I know too little to assess.
I dont know if they weaponized it but I do think they were careless with it and through negligence let it out. Knew they fucked up and lied about it and are still lying about it.
If they just studied a virus that was already present then the nexus is irrelevant though. Because they were just studying something that already existed at that point. It’s only if they specifically altered it (again unlikely as Coronaviruses are common enough anyway) to increase either lethality or transmissibility above R>1 that it matters.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
If they just studied a virus that was already present then the nexus is irrelevant though. Because they were just studying something that already existed at that point. It’s only if they specifically altered it (again unlikely as Coronaviruses are common enough anyway) to increase either lethality or transmissibility above R>1 that it matters.
That's not how I see it at all and I don't really understand this need people have to absolve the government of China of any culpability. Its almost a pathological need to cover for the CCP. If your lab is where it originated than it's your fault it made it out same as if it happened to any other lab on earth. Lying about it doesn't really help their case either.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
That's not how I see it at all and I don't really understand this need people have to absolve the government of China of any culpability. Its almost a pathological need to cover for the CCP. If your lab is where it originated than it's your fault it made it out same as if it happened to any other lab on earth. Lying about it doesn't really help their case either.
It’s a pretty key distinction as it isn’t from the lab. It was in the lab but also outside the lab.

Crucial in all this for me is that the origins is Jess interesting than the subsequent communication and data sharing where China have been lacking and likely caused dozens of needless deaths and transmissions.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

China also threatened the doctor who came to the government with information about the virus. Shortly after being threatened, he died from the virus he apparently discovered. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if the communists killed him. One thing is certain, China can not be trusted again. At least not in our lifetimes.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Big protest outside the Capitol building in California, people blasting “Born in the USA”, which is always hilarious. Listen to the lyrics, you dumb fucks.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Its obvious what happened all this other stuff is propaganda to help them deflect the blame. The CCP will be responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of people and destroying the lives of millions and they will never ever even have to say I'm sorry.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Big protest outside the Capitol building in California, people blasting “Born in the USA”, which is always hilarious. Listen to the lyrics, you dumb fucks.
The lyrics are about war veterans having to take a back seat in civilian life, not being able to experience the freedom they fought for and with no assistance in returning home from war. The lyrics are different in terms of this situation, but it could be applied metaphorically.

"Hiring man said 'son, if it was up to me'..."