Currently Playing

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
Jason
Administrator

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Do you all know what happens in that game or did you just hear lesbian and transgender and knew you had to weigh in. More was leaked than just what Jason put in spoilers.
That’s exactly what happened before we weighed in. Reaction, counter-reaction.
I dont care that Ellie is a lesbian it doesn't matter to me at all shes one of the greatest characters ever put in a video game just as the Male character Joel is. The whole point of Last of Us is their relationship and seeing the world they live in through their eyes. Last of Us has no equal when it comes to character building. I was emotionally invested playing it even more than I can get from watching a movie.
I have no prejudices towards lesbians or transgendered people but when I saw that they kill joel with a transgender than you play the rest of the game as the transgender going to kill Ellie it pissed me off because its clear to me it was a social agenda decision.
So it’s a social agenda issue? If it was a straight woman doing the killing, is it just as bad? Better? Worse? I don’t see the problem with shifting to another perspective that flips the original protagonist dynamic on its head. Actually seems like a cool wrinkle to me.
I would not want to play the character that does the killing no matter who it was it would not interest me. Maybe it is an unusual attachment I have to Ellie and Joel but it's not just me and Jason those characters are widely beloved. This decision makes no sense to me and that's why I suspect different motives
You can’t just hit the same exact notes in a sequel and still have it be interesting though.

Do you think more people are complaining about the character being killed or the trans arc in general?
In the comments I read, they trash both.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Do you all know what happens in that game or did you just hear lesbian and transgender and knew you had to weigh in. More was leaked than just what Jason put in spoilers.
I dont care that Ellie is a lesbian it doesn't matter to me at all shes one of the greatest characters ever put in a video game just as the Male character Joel is. The whole point of Last of Us is their relationship and seeing the world they live in through their eyes. Last of Us has no equal when it comes to character building. I was emotionally invested playing it even more than I can get from watching a movie.
I have no prejudices towards lesbians or transgendered people but when I saw that they kill joel with a transgender than you play the rest of the game as the transgender going to kill Ellie it pissed me off because its clear to me it was a social agenda decision.
So it’s a social agenda issue? If it was a straight woman doing the killing, is it just as bad? Better? Worse? I don’t see the problem with shifting to another perspective that flips the original protagonist dynamic on its head. Actually seems like a cool wrinkle to me.
When people do it for the sake of doing it, it's a turn off. How is a trans person going to get hormones when technology has been dead for 30 years? The first game was life changing, really. One of the greatest stories ever. Including all the games I've played, books I've read and movies I've seen. Will always feel that way. This sequel is a completely different thing. They injected current social issues into a game that was so well put together and easily allowed us to escape from our own every day world. I was completely wrapped up in the first game. I am not into woke shit and they spewed it all over the second one, so I'm not playing it. That's all.
What would be an example of a trans character that is not created for the sake of creating one? It will always feel that way when you’re underrepresented.

Are you of the opinion that in this world, trans people will all suddenly revert to their assigned gender when shit goes down? Why would that make sense?
Why do they have to be represented so much? The focus should be representing trans people in a psychiatrists office.
What makes it “so much”? This is the first trans character I’ve personally heard of in a video game. They’re almost certainly statistically underrepresented in video games.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Imagine Obi Wan in a Star Wars remake wanting to cut his dick off with his lightsaber.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:If the creators want to Jar Jar their shit up, Go for it. Don't look for guys like me to get on my knees and say how groundbreaking, innovative, whatever that stupid bullshit decision is. That's somebody else.
Did you know The Phantom Menace would suck before you saw it?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I would not want to play the character that does the killing no matter who it was it would not interest me. Maybe it is an unusual attachment I have to Ellie and Joel but it's not just me and Jason those characters are widely beloved. This decision makes no sense to me and that's why I suspect different motives
You can’t just hit the same exact notes in a sequel and still have it be interesting though.

Do you think more people are complaining about the character being killed or the trans arc in general?
Everyone sees it as connected a trend of wiping away cherished history and replacing it with new political ideology
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Imagine Obi Wan in a Star Wars remake wanting to cut his dick off with his lightsaber.
So the trans character was in the first game, but not trans?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jmac Attack wrote:Just food for thought. I dont remember any outrage when one of the gay dudes on Will and Grace ended up falling in love with a woman. And they brought the show back, even.
Because nobody ever watched that stupid fucking show. Good christ.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:If the creators want to Jar Jar their shit up, Go for it. Don't look for guys like me to get on my knees and say how groundbreaking, innovative, whatever that stupid bullshit decision is. That's somebody else.
The Last of Us 2 shift to political wokeness is nonsense. 99% agree and I won't be changing my mind about it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Everyone sees it as connected a trend of wiping away cherished history and replacing it with new political ideology
What ideology? Trans people existing? I’m certain you’ve met one or two in your life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Imagine Obi Wan in a Star Wars remake wanting to cut his dick off with his lightsaber.
No. That's just an example of Hollywood and social justice warriors injecting their wokeness into a beloved franchise that 99.9% of people don't care about. Nobody cares about the current social climate when playing a game about an apocalypse or watching a movie that takes place in a galaxy far, far away.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
P sure. I was young, dumb, full of cum, had lots of other important shit on the mind at the time, but yeah, p sure I did.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

What ideology? Trans people existing? I’m certain you’ve met one or two in your life.
Santa Monica Blvd. is an absolutely terrifying street at night. :p
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
P sure. I was young, dumb, full of cum, had lots of other important shit on the mind at the time, but yeah, p sure I did.
Phantom Menace was also not leaked months before it came out.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
No. That's just an example of Hollywood and social justice warriors injecting their wokeness into a beloved franchise that 99.9% of people don't care about. Nobody cares about the current social climate when playing a game about an apocalypse or watching a movie that takes place in a galaxy far, far away.
Are there no social dynamics in a post-apocalyptic world or a galaxy far far away? Pretty sure there would be since they both still consist of people.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Just food for thought. I dont remember any outrage when one of the gay dudes on Will and Grace ended up falling in love with a woman. And they brought the show back, even.
Because nobody ever watched that stupid fucking show. Good christ.
Yeah, me neither lol
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I’ve never been one that needs escapism in my entertainment though. I think people really overreact to that shit.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:I’ve never been one that needs escapism in my entertainment though. I think people really overreact to that shit.
I don't either. It's cool when done well, nothing more. Stupid is stupid though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

When we say new political climate, we’re ignoring the existence of trans people going back to ancient times. They’ve always been around in some capacity with level of acceptance in society fluctuating.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Are there no social dynamics in a post-apocalyptic world or a galaxy far far away? Pretty sure there would be since they both still consist of people.
There was none of that nature in the first one. Now, living through phony wokeness, it's been injected into the second one. Not a fan. Won't be buying.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I’ve never been one that needs escapism in my entertainment though. I think people really overreact to that shit.
I don't either. It's cool when done well, nothing more. Stupid is stupid though.
I guess we’ll see how this game shapes up. I’d buy it and let you know but I haven’t played anything but sports games in years.