NFL Discussion: 2020 Season

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: NFL Discussion: 2020 Season

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Remember my "wide opened" fiasco years back...
I got it. Nothing is gonna top your wide opened though, lol.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Yeah I just don’t know if we get fans in the stadium. That especially sucks with college ball, but at this point just getting the teams on the field every week is what matters. Anything on top of that is gravy.

There’s too cash much at stake for football to not happen.
I'm of the opinion to bar the fans. And you know that ain't me. If they even give a little 25% fill in or whatever, there's gonna be issues. Protesting, whatever. And like with all of this, they'll abuse us, so just keep the people out.
I wonder if broadcasts would take the opportunity to pump in fake crowd noise just to make it feel natural. Not in the actual stadiums, just on the TV broadcast. A silent football game is weird, all the grunts and shit would make it sound fucking gross.
Wrestling is the trail blazer to show this shit don't work.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Wide opened wouldn’t have had the legs it did if you only said it one time lol.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Yeah I just don’t know if we get fans in the stadium. That especially sucks with college ball, but at this point just getting the teams on the field every week is what matters. Anything on top of that is gravy.

I'm of the opinion to bar the fans. And you know that ain't me. If they even give a little 25% fill in or whatever, there's gonna be issues. Protesting, whatever. And like with all of this, they'll abuse us, so just keep the people out.
I wonder if broadcasts would take the opportunity to pump in fake crowd noise just to make it feel natural. Not in the actual stadiums, just on the TV broadcast. A silent football game is weird, all the grunts and shit would make it sound fucking gross.
It’s definitely worst in wrestling and to me that killed any interest I had in WrestleMania. Great crowds can make a mediocre wrestling match a classic. Rock/Hogan at Mania is probably the best example of this.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Announcers will just have to generate more emotion in situations where crowd noise comes in to play.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

It’s definitely worst in wrestling and to me that killed any interest I had in WrestleMania. Great crowds can make a mediocre wrestling match a classic. Rock/Hogan at Mania is probably the best example of this.
Most Hogan matches show that, actually.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Announcers will just have to generate more emotion in situations where crowd noise comes in to play.
Most announcing is shit. Maybe if they let them bring drinks into the booth and cut loose we might have something.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Among my favorite wrestling botches is this one with Hogan.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Among my favorite wrestling botches is this one with Hogan.

I remember that. I would have dropped the mic and walked out and apologized. Not my night, dudes!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:There’s too cash much at stake.
Lol'd. :p
I did too. Not like there's millions draining every fucking day and everybody stands around going "Durrr, greater good!"
I think this is different. Football owns American weekends for 40% of the year. People are going to go fucking insane without it. And it’s an election year so the Trump administration really needs it IMO. Businesses can fail, but this is American culture.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

lol, pretty cool.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

That is Goddamn beautiful.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Does anyone feel 100% about their being a football season this year?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Pretty confident, but fuck no I'm not 100%.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm about 50/50
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

All it takes is one state to be a dick and not play ball. And I'm in the one that's probably gonna do that.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It's too many people too close to each other I just cant see a scenario where some team doesn't have a few cases causing quarantines
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

So? They Von it up for 2 weeks and come back right as the mail. We're forcing grocery store workers to be exposed to 100s of douchebags a day, these millionaires can bang with each other. Don't want to that's cool too.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I’m 20/80 I’d say. There’s a chance but it’s slim.