Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I don't think it does anything to engage Jason politically.
Really? You're gonna ignore the great discussions we had on facebook not even a week ago about DNC corruption, thoughts on Biden's sexual allegations and why you won't vote democrat?
I'll agree with some of the anti-Democratic stuff, but I meant more in terms of tackling your political beliefs. I obviously don't support Trump (despite what some Biden supporters might say), but it doesn't do anything to discuss why that is with you.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Really? You're gonna ignore the great discussions we had on facebook not even a week ago about DNC corruption, thoughts on Biden's sexual allegations and why you won't vote democrat?
I'll agree with some of the anti-Democratic stuff, but I meant more in terms of tackling your political beliefs. I obviously don't support Trump (despite what some Biden supporters might say), but it doesn't do anything to discuss why that is with you.
Why not?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:It's funny how you act like you never do this with me and nobody else has, either. How many times have I been called a racist, sexist, homophobe, a conspiracy theorist, Mr. Tinfoil Hat, all for voicing my opinion?

I never complained, but if I ask you to stop being disingenuous, answer honestly without the filter of bias, I'm the bad guy.

I'm already the bad guy because I support President Orange.
but you have complained about it.
Yeah, when I bring up the double standard of treating me one way and not liking it when I give it right back. What's worse, being called the shit I'm called in these threads or asking someone to stop being disingenuous to try to win an argument?
i've been called pretty heinous shit, as well as been called a mindless puppet or "disingenuous" as you seem to be summing it up as now.
Who said heinous shit to you on here? Everyone loves you...
if everyone loves me, even with calling me anti-american, accuse me of white guilt or sympathizing with criminals or terrorists. telling me i don't think for myself. etc. then take another look at how you're feeling about what people think of you, around here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:It's funny how you act like you never do this with me and nobody else has, either. How many times have I been called a racist, sexist, homophobe, a conspiracy theorist, Mr. Tinfoil Hat, all for voicing my opinion?

I never complained, but if I ask you to stop being disingenuous, answer honestly without the filter of bias, I'm the bad guy.

Yeah, when I bring up the double standard of treating me one way and not liking it when I give it right back. What's worse, being called the shit I'm called in these threads or asking someone to stop being disingenuous to try to win an argument?
i've been called pretty heinous shit, as well as been called a mindless puppet or "disingenuous" as you seem to be summing it up as now.
if everyone loves me, even with calling me anti-american, accuse me of white guilt or sympathizing with criminals or terrorists. telling me i don't think for myself. etc. then take another look at how you're feeling about what people think of you, around here.
Who said those things to you?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
Because it's literally pointless. I don't hold your consistency against you, because the same could be said for me. The only positions I've changed on in the last five years are gun control and UBI, and that was after talking to other leftists.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
You brought it up. It must be important. Did someone say that to you? Do you, yourself, think you might have white guilt?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
Because it's literally pointless. I don't hold your consistency against you, because the same could be said for me. The only positions I've changed on in the last five years are gun control and UBI, and that was after talking to other leftists.
Right. I haven't changed much either. Are you saying it's pointless discussing politics for that fact? I am perfect willing to continue talking politics. Most of our opinions are fully developed and likely won't change...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
You brought it up. It must be important. Did someone say that to you?
You know you did. Why the charade?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
i brought it up, because you were taking everything onto yourself, as if other people don't also get called shit for their political point of view.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

This reminds me, voted in the Democratic Primary (by mail) earlier today. Only two contested elections (and that's if you count the presidential race as contested - voted Bernie). There's actually a leftist running in my congressional district, and he has one moderate Democratic opponent. I'll be interested to see how that race turns out. We haven't had a Democrat worth voting for in my district (Indiana's 3rd) for literally the majority of my voting life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
i brought it up, because you were taking everything onto yourself, as if other people don't also get called shit for their political point of view.
That was Head's tactic to pit the board against me and force me into a corner to say that I have been on the receiving end of it with no complaints. Hes tried that tactic for years, in case you haven't noticed. Do you acknowledge that?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
Right. I haven't changed much either. Are you saying it's pointless discussing politics for that fact? I am perfect willing to continue talking politics. Most of our opinions are fully developed and likely won't change...
If there's no ground to be made either way, discussing politics seems only to rile people up. It strikes me as functionally pointless.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
If there's no ground to be made either way, discussing politics seems only to rile people up. It strikes me as functionally pointless.
Right. None of us in here are likely to budge, correct?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
That was Head's tactic to pit the board against me and force me into a corner to say that I have been on the receiving end of it with no complaints. Hes tried that tactic for years, in case you haven't noticed. Do you acknowledge that?
you and head have a really weird message board relationship that i've tried to ease out before. i'm not in any kind of position to understand or comment on that.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:you and head have a really weird message board relationship that i've tried to ease out before. i'm not in any kind of position to understand or comment on that.
Ok. Just explaining that that's where my response came from.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
I wouldn't say "none." I was simply talking about you and I. I'm not going to comment on other's political philosophies, which may be shifting in ways I'm entirely unaware of.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

that's not important.
I have no idea what this “tactic” thing is or what you’re trying to describe here. I mostly just call you out when you treat everyone else like shit. Clearly I don’t care how you view me or talk to me.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:you and head have a really weird message board relationship that i've tried to ease out before. i'm not in any kind of position to understand or comment on that.
Ok. Just explaining that that's where my response came from.
you and head are not indicative of anyone else. he hasn't pitted anyone else against you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
I wouldn't say "none." I was simply talking about you and I. I'm not going to comment on other's political philosophies, which may be shifting in ways I'm entirely unaware of,
That's fair. You only know mine aren't likely to shift, since we have discussions on facebook a lot and it's usually pretty clear where we both stand. Is that what you're saying?