Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:I'm done.
Headhunter wrote:I have no idea what this “tactic” thing is.
That lasted all of 37 minutes...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I don’t care about being on the “good side” or who supports who. At all. When Jason is a bully to other people here, I’m going to call it out. I can’t count how many times he’s talked down to Zombie and J-Mac who are two of the nicest people here.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:you and head have a really weird message board relationship that i've tried to ease out before. i'm not in any kind of position to understand or comment on that.
Ok. Just explaining that that's where my response came from.
you and head are not indicative of anyone else. he hasn't pitted anyone else against you.
Accusing me of treating him, you and everyone else on the board poorly is a dirty tactic to get the board to side with him. He's pretending to be a superhero for the board because he doesn't like me for whatever reason. That's all that is.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:I don’t care about being on the “good side” or who supports who. At all. When Jason is a bully to other people here, I’m going to call it out. I can’t count how many times he’s talked down to Zombie and J-Mac who are two of the nicest people here.
I can: zero
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I don't think it does anything to engage Jason politically.
Really? You're gonna ignore the great discussions we had on facebook not even a week ago about DNC corruption, thoughts on Biden's sexual allegations and why you won't vote democrat?
I'll agree with some of the anti-Democratic stuff, but I meant more in terms of tackling your political beliefs. I obviously don't support Trump (despite what some Biden supporters might say), but it doesn't do anything to discuss why that is with you.
Why not?
Because it's literally pointless. I don't hold your consistency against you, because the same could be said for me. The only positions I've changed on in the last five years are gun control and UBI, and that was after talking to other leftists.
Right. I haven't changed much either. Are you saying it's pointless discussing politics for that fact? I am perfect willing to continue talking politics. Most of our opinions are fully developed and likely won't change...
If there's no ground to be made either way, discussing politics seems only to rile people up. It strikes me as functionally pointless.
Right. None of us in here are likely to budge, correct?
I wouldn't say "none." I was simply talking about you and I. I'm not going to comment on other's political philosophies, which may be shifting in ways I'm entirely unaware of,
That's fair. You only know mine aren't likely to shift, since we have discussions on facebook a lot and it's usually pretty clear where we both stand. Is that what you're saying?
I'm basically saying that both you and I know where we stand on a majority of issues (we may not fully understand why each other has a particular stance, but we generally know the stance), so take any political issue (abortion rights, the death penalty, income inequality, immigration, taxation, foreign policy, etc.) and we're almost guaranteed to disagree. We can each post whatever articles or pieces of information we want, but I doubt I'll ever budge on my views on abortion, and I don't think you'd change your feelings on LGBTQ+ issues.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
I’m done with the back and forth bullshit and pleading for you to be a decent human being. I’m not done defending my actions while you talk about me.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Really? You're gonna ignore the great discussions we had on facebook not even a week ago about DNC corruption, thoughts on Biden's sexual allegations and why you won't vote democrat?
I'll agree with some of the anti-Democratic stuff, but I meant more in terms of tackling your political beliefs. I obviously don't support Trump (despite what some Biden supporters might say), but it doesn't do anything to discuss why that is with you.
Why not?
Because it's literally pointless. I don't hold your consistency against you, because the same could be said for me. The only positions I've changed on in the last five years are gun control and UBI, and that was after talking to other leftists.
Right. I haven't changed much either. Are you saying it's pointless discussing politics for that fact? I am perfect willing to continue talking politics. Most of our opinions are fully developed and likely won't change...
If there's no ground to be made either way, discussing politics seems only to rile people up. It strikes me as functionally pointless.
I wouldn't say "none." I was simply talking about you and I. I'm not going to comment on other's political philosophies, which may be shifting in ways I'm entirely unaware of,
That's fair. You only know mine aren't likely to shift, since we have discussions on facebook a lot and it's usually pretty clear where we both stand. Is that what you're saying?
I'm basically saying that both you and I know where we stand on a majority of issues (we may not fully understand why each other has a particular stance, but we generally know the stance), so take any political issue (abortion rights, the death penalty, income inequality, immigration, taxation, foreign policy, etc.) and we're almost guaranteed to disagree. We can each post whatever articles or pieces of information we want, but I doubt I'll ever budge on my views on abortion, and I don't think you'd change your feelings on LGBTQ+ issues.
Excellent. Makes sense.

Do you think I hate gay people? And where do you think I stand on abortion exactly?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
I’m done with the back and forth bullshit and pleading for you to be a decent human being. I’m not done defending my actions while you talk about me.
There you go.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:you and head have a really weird message board relationship that i've tried to ease out before. i'm not in any kind of position to understand or comment on that.
you and head are not indicative of anyone else. he hasn't pitted anyone else against you.
Accusing me of treating him, you and everyone else on the board poorly is a dirty tactic to get the board to side with him. He's pretending to be a superhero for the board because he doesn't like me for whatever reason. That's all that is.
Nope. I love everyone else on this board and I don’t appreciate when you bully them. That’s what it is.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
There you go.
There what goes? I’m supposed to let you make shit up about me and take it?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Nope. I love everyone else on this board and I don’t appreciate when you bully them. That’s what it is.
I love everyone else more than you love everyone else, so neener neener.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
I love everyone else more than you love everyone else, so neener neener.
Great! Start showing it by treating them with the respect they deserve.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
can you separate what head says from what other people say? don't take it as a mob, but people with individual gripes, who may have some common experience, but not for the sake of just standing together or whatever.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
There you go.
No, just stop inventing things about me, applying it to how I treat others and using it as a springboard to attack me because you get triggered when I say I think you're being disingenuous.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
Excellent. Makes sense.

Do you think I hate gay people? And where do you think I stand on abortion exactly?
I expect you to take offense to this, but I'll say it: you strike me as 100% homophobic. You may well have many gay friends, but I don't get a sense of understanding the trials that many in the gay community go through, and I certainly don't get much a sense of sympathy.

On abortion, I'd say "Pro-life." Whether or not you're for exceptions in cases of rape or incest, I don't know. Worth mentioning, you may be pro-life morally speaking, but not want to legislate against it, which is where my father was for most of his life on the issue.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
There you go.
No, just stop inventing things about me, applying it to how I treat others and using it as a springboard to attack me because you get triggered when I say I think you're being disingenuous.
What have I invented? You bully and talk down to people in these threads and I’m no longer the only one who calls it out. Pretty much all my recent fights with you have been because you refuse to stop treating my friends like shit.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It looks like my issues with Jason are baggage in this argument. He can outright dismiss my professed concern for my friends because of our past issues and it becomes a he said, he said. I guess that’s on me. But I swear on the life of everyone I love that this is about how Jason treats everyone else and my genuine issue with it. It isn’t about turning everyone against him or finding an excuse to prolong a feud. It really isn’t.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why not?
Excellent. Makes sense.

I expect you to take offense to this, but I'll say it: you strike me as 100% homophobic. You may well have many gay friends, but I don't get a sense of understanding the trials that many in the gay community go through, and I certainly don't get much a sense of sympathy.

On abortion, I'd say "Pro-life." Whether or not you're for exceptions in cases of rape or incest, I don't know. Worth mentioning, you may be pro-life morally speaking, but not want to legislate against it, which is where my father was for most of his life on the issue.
Thanks for not being disingenuous. :D :P

I don't know what your definition of homophobic is, but I don't consider myself to be at all. Yes, I have gay friends. One is a Mexican conservative who agrees with me on most issues. I had a gay cousin my age who died of diabetes recently. Other than the diabetes, he was one of the happiest guys in our family. I'm not going to pretend I know what it's like to deal with the hardships of being gay and not telling anyone, or being gay and coming out about it. That doesn't mean there is no empathy or sympathy. Most parents would prefer their child to be straight. It's just a fact, and for most parents it's disappointing. But if you do not disown your child or love him any less, I don't see the homophobic label coming anywhere near that.

As far as abortion, I am quite neutral. Firstly, if you don't want a child, I think step 1 is don't have careless, unprotected sex. Also, please consider adoption if you don't think you're fit to have a child. Aside from that, rape/incest being the obvious yes to abortion, I would say that all aborted fetuses be used in stem cell research. Every other abortion is a waste.

My body, my choice, could prove to be an interesting discussion though...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:It looks like my issues with Jason are baggage in this argument. He can outright dismiss my professed concern for my friends because of our past issues and it becomes a he said, he said. I guess that’s on me. But I swear on the life of everyone I love that this is about how Jason treats everyone else and my genuine issue with it. It isn’t about turning everyone against him or finding an excuse to prolong a feud. It really isn’t.
Would you like to have a civil discussion in here or continue pretending you're a superhero...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You can mock me all you want. Your opinion of me means less than zero. I wish you’d stop being a bully to my friends but you’re going to just deny and stonewall apparently. Zombie has been trying to tell you repeatedly he has a problem with how you’re treating others and you won’t even acknowledge it.