Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah the optics of it all couldn’t possibly be worse.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Yeah the optics of it all couldn’t possibly be worse.
I just watched part of the video....that is so fucked up. I see assholes on facebook saying if he couldnt breathe, how could he say he couldnt breathe. Unfathomable what happened. You can still talk but after a while of not getting oxygen to the brain, but eventually you're gonna die. Then the same assholes are saying these guy didnt have proper training. Well, the officer that had his knee on his neck, has been an officer for like 15 years.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jmac Attack wrote:
I just watched part of the video....that is so fucked up. I see assholes on facebook saying if he couldnt breathe, how could he say he couldnt breathe. Unfathomable what happened. You can still talk but after a while of not getting oxygen to the brain, but eventually you're gonna die. Then the same assholes are saying these guy didnt have proper training. Well, the officer that had his knee on his neck, has been an officer for like 15 years.
If they're suggesting he really could breathe, what's their theory on how he died?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Monster wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
If they're suggesting he really could breathe, what's their theory on how he died?
That's what I said lol. I am actually a cop supporter. However, there are major problems that need to be addressed. Now they are rioting in Minneapolis. This is why I miss being living out in the country. Not enough people to riot lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The officer in question already had a checkered past prior to murdering Floyd. No doubt he’s one of the types who was a bully and a thug growing up and unfortunately those types are often drawn to law enforcement work.

He should be behind bars for a long time and my guess is he never serves a day.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:The officer in question already had a checkered past prior to murdering Floyd. No doubt he’s one of the types who was a bully and a thug growing up and unfortunately those types are often drawn to law enforcement work.

I hope you are wrong....sadly, I think you will be correct.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:The officer in question already had a checkered past prior to murdering Floyd. No doubt he’s one of the types who was a bully and a thug growing up and unfortunately those types are often drawn to law enforcement work.

He gets 10-15 years does 6 is my guess no way he walks
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I have a personal hatred of rioting and looting especially when its called protesting and uprising. There is no place for it and everyone who participates in it should be severely punished. Using someone else's tragedy in this case murder to steal and destroy is disgusting and self serving and should be denounced across the board.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:I have a personal hatred of rioting and looting especially when its called protesting and uprising. There is no place for it and everyone who participates in it should be severely punished. Using someone else's tragedy in this case murder to steal and destroy is disgusting and self serving and should be denounced across the board.
What recourse is there if not protesting and rioting?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I have a personal hatred of rioting and looting especially when its called protesting and uprising. There is no place for it and everyone who participates in it should be severely punished. Using someone else's tragedy in this case murder to steal and destroy is disgusting and self serving and should be denounced across the board.
What recourse is there if not protesting and rioting?
Destroying and stealing other people's stuff is not protesting its opportunistic law breaking. One has nothing to do with the other. Some cities never recover from this bullshit my city hasn't recovered from 60's riots let alone the Freddie Gray riots. I know upper middle class suburbanites enjoy watching it on tv because they don't deal with the aftermath.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

“A riot is the language of the unheard” - MLK
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

a riot that damages property or harms people unrelated to whomever you're rioting against is never going to look good for your movement.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Riots were the only thing that forced systemic change in the LAPD.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Riots were the only thing that forced systemic change in the LAPD.
so riot against the police. don't damage people's cars. don't loot stores. focus your riot or your protest. or else you're part of the problem.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

A month from now everyone will have moved on even sooner probably and I'm sure that the people left in the burned out rubble will be happy to know MLK said it was justified. When people move,businesses and jobs leave and their already miserable hard lives get worse they should just remember that quote. Ridiculous
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Riots were the only thing that forced systemic change in the LAPD.
so riot against the police. don't damage people's cars. don't loot stores. focus your riot or your protest. or else you're part of the problem.
What would rioting against the police entail?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
would it entail looting wal mart or breaking windows out of civilian's cars?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:A month from now everyone will have moved on even sooner probably and I'm sure that the people left in the burned out rubble will be happy to know MLK said it was justified. When people move,businesses and jobs leave and their already miserable hard lives get worse they should just remember that quote. Ridiculous
You’ve completely missed the point here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
I don’t know. I’m asking you.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
I don’t know. I’m asking you.
to me, it should entail fighting against the police. and more often, just being loud, protesting and chanting. etc. it should never entail attacking civilians and damaging businesses.