Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote: This is a “Why are there no ends without bad means” question.

Is that a better result than busting windows of an auto repair shop?
i don't know. i think there absolutely should be change. i'm not going to justify or defend hurting people or property that is unrelated to what you're trying to change.

when the cops come en masse, cause you're rioting and breaking window, you're not gonna also fight them and cause a possible shoot out?
The actions that spur positive change in the world are never pretty and never justifiable in a vacuum. Never have been at any point. Our modern institutions don’t exist without musket fire and guillotines. Things don’t change unless people get uncomfortable or their lives are disrupted. That’s some ugly truth. This shit in Minneapolis is really tame relative to most historical protests.

I thought your whole thing was “riot against the police, not property”. Having it both ways defeats the purpose of the argument.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

If the murderer walks, what will be a justified response?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Just throwing it out there, you’d all be British if Tigg and Z had their way.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

i don't know. i think there absolutely should be change. i'm not going to justify or defend hurting people or property that is unrelated to what you're trying to change.

when the cops come en masse, cause you're rioting and breaking window, you're not gonna also fight them and cause a possible shoot out?
The actions that spur positive change in the world are never pretty and never justifiable in a vacuum. Never have been at any point. Our modern institutions don’t exist without musket fire and guillotines. Things don’t change unless people get uncomfortable or their lives are disrupted. That’s some ugly truth. This shit in Minneapolis is really tame relative to most historical protests.

I thought your whole thing was “riot against the police, not property”. Having it both ways defeats the purpose of the argument.
it is ugly truth. i can acknowledge that it happens, without supporting it.

you asked a question that would involve both property damage and fighting the police.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

you asked a question that would involve both property damage and fighting the police.
Do you want the positive outcomes or not? If you do, you have no choice but to support it.

No I didn’t. I’m taking up your suggestion that all the rioting is directed solely at the police. I’m asking if that’s better than damaging property.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:Just throwing it out there, you’d all be British if Tigg and Z had their way.
The Boston Tea Party = unjustified theft of property.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

Do you want the positive outcomes or not? If you do, you have no choice but to support it.

No I didn’t. I’m taking up your suggestion that all the rioting is directed solely at the police. I’m asking if that’s better than damaging property.
neither of us support institutional racism. both of us benefit from it having happened, according to some. people don't support war all the time, but do benefit from wars having happened.

i don't think it's better, but it's at least focused on what you're trying to change. rioting that damages property is also going to involve the police though. it's unrealistic to frame a question that involves one and not the other.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

neither of us support institutional racism. both of us benefit from it having happened, according to some. people don't support war all the time, but do benefit from wars having happened.

i don't think it's better, but it's at least focused on what you're trying to change. rioting that damages property is also going to involve the police though. it's unrealistic to frame a question that involves one and not the other.
My point is you can’t pick and choose the things you’re comfortable with and pretend it’s going to lead to equally positive outcomes. That’s fantasy land. There is compromise in every facet of life.

The police are there no matter what because of how many people are gathered in protest.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Just throwing it out there, you’d all be British if Tigg and Z had their way.
the desired change directly related to the imported tea.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Is stealing property a justified response to increased taxes?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: My point is you can’t pick and choose the things you’re comfortable with and pretend it’s going to lead to equally positive outcomes. That’s fantasy land. There is compromise in every facet of life.

The police are there no matter what because of how many people are gathered in protest.
i don't know where to go with this discussion then. *shrug*
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
this is focused protest. the theft in this situation is directly related to what they were trying to change. it's not breaking the windows out of a car or looting a shop because you are trying to fight against police brutality and abuse of power.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
this is focused protest. the theft in this situation is directly related to what they were trying to change. it's not breaking the windows out of a car or looting a shop because you are trying to fight against police brutality and abuse of power.
So I’d the looting was in response to the failure by government to protect their well-being in a pandemic then it’d be ok?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
So I’d the looting was in response to the failure by government to protect their well-being in a pandemic then it’d be ok?
does the government own those businesses that are looted, or the company that stocks them?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The tea party was an attack on government not innocents not on neighbors there is no connection at all also ridiculous. They didn't set their own businesses and neighbors horses on fire.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

West Baltimore had a Target and in a place with little to no places to buy essential items it was valuable to that area. Now because of the riots there is no more Target there. Lots of businesses decided it was safer to go elsewhere so who won in the end?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Why was this man still a police officer?
Attachments
60BE3E93-BBB9-4816-938A-556A35E7D846.jpeg
60BE3E93-BBB9-4816-938A-556A35E7D846.jpeg (78.42 KiB) Viewed 375 times
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The buck doesn’t stop at this piece of shit. He was enabled. The entire department needs to be held accountable for employing this thug for so many years while he terrorized the city.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Cops a murderer I've not heard anyone say anything else and everyone above him has blood on their hands but dont hurt innocent people dont create more innocent victims.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:Cops a murderer I've not heard anyone say anything else and everyone above him has blood on their hands but dont hurt innocent people dont create more innocent victims.
Cop’s a murderer but nothing should be done at a high level until the next piece of shit just like him comes along. And the cancerous police culture of this country doesn’t change. Muh Target though