Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
I don't disagree, but focus is hard to come by when there is a rightful wildfire of rage being spread, and obviously, there's no central group there telling people where to riot/loot and where not too. If there was, I doubt it'd be successful, but then the blame goes on the society for causing that situation to begin with and not the people taking action in the only way they know how, even if it isn't productive to their cause.
i just hope that you and i never have to face that "rightful wildfire" like some of the innocent citizens of minneapolis are right now. i guess i'll just have to leave it there.
Indeed. I feel horrible for the innocents who are potentially being harmed because of the cop's actions.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:Pretty sure the real animals are the cops who kill people because they can. Fuck all of them.
Even the black cops who kill white men and women?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
I don't disagree, but focus is hard to come by when there is a rightful wildfire of rage being spread, and obviously, there's no central group there telling people where to riot/loot and where not too. If there was, I doubt it'd be successful, but then the blame goes on the society for causing that situation to begin with and not the people taking action in the only way they know how, even if it isn't productive to their cause.
i just hope that you and i never have to face that "rightful wildfire" like some of the innocent citizens of minneapolis are right now. i guess i'll just have to leave it there.
Indeed. I feel horrible for the innocents who are potentially being harmed because of the cop's actions.
But you support the people harming them.

Logic.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:Better not take a knee ! Dont be all uppity! It's ok when white people riot after an Ohio State football game though.
This Twitter thread is incredibly funny.

https://twitter.com/brokeymcpoverty/sta ... 08416?s=21
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Pretty sure the real animals are the cops who kill people because they can. Fuck all of them.
Even the black cops who kill white men and women?
Yes.

I don't know what the story is behind that one, but if it was a cop, and he killed people unnecessary, then definitely fuck him.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - all cops, no matter what race or gender.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Logic.
They'll be harmed regardless if the underlying problems aren't fixed.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jigsaw wrote:I stand with the protests, rioters, and looters. I'll always stand with them if they're dealing with an unjust system, which they clearly are. I don't see how that's a problem, and I feel no regret at all for my position.
Riots move the wheels of history.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Logic.
They'll be harmed regardless if the underlying problems aren't fixed.
Your extreme takes are pretty over the top.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I stand with the protests, rioters, and looters. I'll always stand with them if they're dealing with an unjust system, which they clearly are. I don't see how that's a problem, and I feel no regret at all for my position.
and regardless of your position you can agree with that. it's a given. it's not a position or argument, it's more just the way it is.

war moves the wheels of history. terrorism moves the wheels of history. not a position or justification. just the way it is. *shrug*
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
and regardless of your position you can agree with that. it's a given. it's not a position or argument, it's more just the way it is.

war moves the wheels of history. terrorism moves the wheels of history. not a position or justification. just the way it is. *shrug*
If we’re going with the extremely liberal definition of terrorism, how much of the prelude to the Revolutionary War could be considered terrorism? Targeted property destruction in cities, tar-and-feathering Tories etc.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

If we’re going with the extremely liberal definition of terrorism, how much of the prelude to the Revolutionary War could be considered terrorism? Targeted property destruction in cities, tar-and-feathering Tories etc.
it could be considered terrorism. it depends on your perspective. i'm not telling you how to define terrorism.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

it could be considered terrorism. it depends on your perspective. i'm not telling you how to define terrorism.
I’m asking for your perspective.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: I’m asking for your perspective.
this isn't definitive, but i think that carrying out a violent act on an organized, large scale that is done with some sort of rebellion or grievance in mind could be considered a form of terrorism. this obviously does not include police or military action. that is something else entirely.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
this isn't definitive, but i think that carrying out a violent act on an organized, large scale that is done with some sort of rebellion or grievance in mind could be considered a form of terrorism. this obviously does not include police or military action. that is something else entirely.
I find what police and military do far, far worse than those commonly labeled "terrorists." It's all the worse because so many people actually support the military and the police despite the atrocity and commonplace nature of their crimes.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Well, as fun as this is, I do have to watch Eden Lake, so you all have fun and remember, cops are terrible people.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
I find what police and military do far, far worse than those commonly labeled "terrorists." It's all the worse because so many people actually support the military and the police despite the atrocity and commonplace nature of their crimes.
i wasn't making a judgment. abuse of police or military power/authority is wrong.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:Well, as fun as this is, I do have to watch Eden Lake, so you all have fun and remember, cops are terrible people.
eden lake is a great horror flick in my opinion. so tense and gut punchy in the end.

people are terrible people. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
I can get behind that. I think some of the worst atrocities carried out under the “terrorism” umbrella just makes it such a loaded word. It’s a pretty wide spectrum.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
I can get behind that. I think some of the worst atrocities carried out under the “terrorism” umbrella just makes it such a loaded word. It’s a pretty wide spectrum.
it is a loaded word, and i understand why.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It’s always going to be some awful stuff that moves the needle but I’m never going to hold the powerless fighting back to the same standard as the powerful crushing the powerless. I think that’s the scale to evaluate these things on.