May 29, 2020

The daily chat room.
zombie
Administrator

Re: May 29, 2020

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:About to start up Eden Lake. Saw this maybe twice before. Not the most fun movie, but I do recall it being quality.
ohh, i had the impression that it was a new watch. quality, indeed.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Didn't care for it. I was getting burnt out by that kind of twist by then, so I just found them annoying.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Harley Quinn season 1 :( :( :(
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:Finished Harley Quinn season 1 :( :( :(
I want more
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Jigsaw wrote:How does everyone feel about Bolthouse Farms' drinks? Never really had them before, but after my workplace had them on a buy 1, get 1 free sale, I've sampled many of them, and generally find them pretty good. Their peach parfait was on point.
Haven't had them, but from a nutritional standpoint, they're terrible. Stupid amounts of sugar in all of 'em(peach parfait has 23g of sugar).
dave626

Post by dave626 »

I am way out of the loop here. Never seen Cannibal Holocaust, Eden Lake or had Bolthouse Drinks. Ever since the death of video stores, the former two are hard to come by. Not much for off brand drinks.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

dave626 wrote:I am way out of the loop here. Never seen Cannibal Holocaust, Eden Lake or had Bolthouse Drinks. Ever since the death of video stores, the former two are hard to come by. Not much for off brand drinks.
both eden lake and cannibal holocaust should be available on shudder, if you're interested to see them
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:How does everyone feel about Bolthouse Farms' drinks? Never really had them before, but after my workplace had them on a buy 1, get 1 free sale, I've sampled many of them, and generally find them pretty good. Their peach parfait was on point.
Haven't had them, but from a nutritional standpoint, they're terrible. Stupid amounts of sugar in all of 'em(peach parfait has 23g of sugar).
I don't doubt that. I'd recommend people not come to me for health advice. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:About to start up Eden Lake. Saw this maybe twice before. Not the most fun movie, but I do recall it being quality.
No such luck. Had it on DVD for many years now. A well-made movie, but as D said, somewhat depressing in nature.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
No such luck. Had it on DVD for many years now. A well-made movie, but as D said, somewhat depressing in nature.
yeah, i'm well aware of the tone. it's long been a favorite of mine.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Let's play a game.

Insidious: Chapter 2 reminded me of two movies, one of which was the 2005 Amityville Horror. What is the other movie?

(By game, I mean I forget, and I wanted to bring it up on tonight's FE show). :P
dave626

Post by dave626 »

zombie wrote:
dave626 wrote:I am way out of the loop here. Never seen Cannibal Holocaust, Eden Lake or had Bolthouse Drinks. Ever since the death of video stores, the former two are hard to come by. Not much for off brand drinks.
both eden lake and cannibal holocaust should be available on shudder, if you're interested to see them
I don't get that channel unfortunately. I could try to find them online though, but from what you've all said, I don't think I'd like them.

Just checked, Spiral the Saw spin off and F9 would've come out by now if it wasn't for COVID 19.

Also, now that we are out of the found footage phase of horror, what do you think the next "it" thing will be? The talk about adapted and original screenplays got me thinking about it. After what, almost 70-80 years we've pretty much seen everything. Monster, slasher, "hip, hot casting of the 90s, found footage, remakes, etc.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

dave626 wrote:
zombie wrote:
I don't get that channel unfortunately. I could try to find them online though, but from what you've all said, I don't think I'd like them.

Just checked, Spiral the Saw spin off and F9 would've come out by now if it wasn't for COVID 19.

Also, now that we are out of the found footage phase of horror, what do you think the next "it" thing will be? The talk about adapted and original screenplays got me thinking about it. After what, almost 70-80 years we've pretty much seen everything. Monster, slasher, "hip, hot casting of the 90s, found footage, remakes, etc.
yeah, it's gonna involve things we've already seen, whatever it is. i suspect that xenophobia, state power, and maybe body horror of a sort will likely be the big themes for horror in the next few years.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:Let's play a game.

Insidious: Chapter 2 reminded me of two movies, one of which was the 2005 Amityville Horror. What is the other movie?

(By game, I mean I forget, and I wanted to bring it up on tonight's FE show). :P
if this is a game, what do we stand to win? :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

My deepest appreciation? :P

It's all cool. I just looked through the 900 or so post-2000 horror films I've seen, and nothing stood out, so I'll just stick with my Amityville Horror comparison.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:My deepest appreciation? :P

It's all cool. I just looked through the 900 or so post-2000 horror films I've seen, and nothing stood out, so I'll just stick with my Amityville Horror comparison.
cool. i haven't seen insidious 2, so i don't know what to compare it too anyways.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Tiggnutz wrote:Finished Harley Quinn season 1 :( :( :(
I just watched the first four episodes. Awesome show.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Joe Bob begins in 45 minutes. Woot.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

6 minutes until Joe Bob
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator