May 30th 2020

The daily chat room.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

May 30th 2020

Post by Tiggnutz »

Had to get the DCuniverse streaming service so I can watch the second season of Harley Quinn
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: May 30th 2020

Post by showa58taro »

Damn that’s a hook. :)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Had to go into central London. Not as dead as a few weeks back. But still very quiet. Good to see really.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Considering getting me one of those heavy duty garage cabinets, to store my music gear shit in. So it's all in one place, and not getting dusty if it's out in the open.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so i've got access to cannibal holocaust and the edited joebob breaks only version of the movie... but no dead heat. curse you amazon! :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:so i've got access to cannibal holocaust and the edited joebob breaks only version of the movie... but no dead heat. curse you amazon! :P
Apparently Shudder has a technical issue uploading it to their catalog as well, so it's not just amazon.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so apparently, shudder is gonna do host only versions for all of the films that they don't have the rights for? coool! :)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:Had to get the DCuniverse streaming service so I can watch the second season of Harley Quinn
Watched it and cancelled the service. Positively evil 8-)
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i wanna watch interstellar but i don't have it to watch.... bad nolan fan.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:i wanna watch interstellar but i don't have it to watch.... bad nolan fan.
It's still pretty good. Yeah, it's near the bottom for Nolan films in general (for me I think it ranks above Following), but for that being a "bad" Nolan film, it's still pretty good.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Had to get the DCuniverse streaming service so I can watch the second season of Harley Quinn
Watched it and cancelled the service. Positively evil 8-)
What was on it? I've been curious but haven't looked. I imagined a bunch of their animated movies.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:i wanna watch interstellar but i don't have it to watch.... bad nolan fan.
It's still pretty good. Yeah, it's near the bottom for Nolan films in general (for me I think it ranks above Following), but for that being a "bad" Nolan film, it's still pretty good.
i would put it just above the dark knight rises in his filmography, instead of following. it's an imperfect film because it tries for so much, in my opinion. i just want to watch it again. maybe i'll get hulu. it looks like they have it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
i would put it just above the dark knight rises in his filmography, instead of following. it's an imperfect film because it tries for so much, in my opinion. i just want to watch it again. maybe i'll get hulu. it looks like they have it.
Ah, the way it sounded, it was like you haven't seen it yet lol. It is imperfect, but the good still outweighs the bad by quite a bit. There's a lot in there, and not enough screentime to let it breathe, imo.

That score though, that's increasingly become a top 5 Hans Zimmer score to me...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
Ah, the way it sounded, it was like you haven't seen it yet lol. It is imperfect, but the good still outweighs the bad by quite a bit. There's a lot in there, and not enough screentime to let it breathe, imo.

That score though, that's increasingly become a top 5 Hans Zimmer score to me...
indeed. also feel like arrival is kind of a response to interstellar. or like a sister movie, by another director, maybe.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Off the top of my head, in no order, I'd probably put these scores in my Zimmer top five: The Thin Red Line (yes I'm including collaborations, Hans does this a lot), Interstellar, Black Rain (ground zero for a lot of his modern work right here, especially his Dark Knight stuff), Gladiator (as soon as I heard how much he ripped from Holst's Mars from The Planets for this, my love dwindled a touch, but still I hold it in high regard, ripping off one self is one thing, he does a ton of work and some ideas just over lap, but taking from someone else? not a good look...he's not alone though, so many composers ripped from The Planets, including John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith), and....Rain Man.

The Dark Knight trilogy, The Last Samurai, Inception, The Lion King, Crimson Tide, Man of Steel, Dunkirk, and Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest are others that circle my top of the Zimmer pool.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:

indeed. also feel like arrival is kind of a response to interstellar. or like a sister movie, by another director, maybe.
lol, kinda like how Darkest Hour fits well alongside Dunkirk?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:

kind of, although those are both based around actual events in the same time period. so not exactly the same.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:

kind of, although those are both based around actual events in the same time period. so not exactly the same.
I was thinking of the sibling-picture aspect.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:

I was thinking of the sibling-picture aspect.
indeed. it is similar.
dave626

Post by dave626 »

I LOLed on this one.
Attachments
exorcist.jpg
exorcist.jpg (87.94 KiB) Viewed 721 times