Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by zombie »

i want to see change for black americans. i want to see change for all minorities. i want to work toward less oppression, and if we can get there, to no oppression. but i don't want to be held as racist, or to be held as supporting oppression, if i try to look out for the community too.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

truth is that if the black community, across the nation, was unified in their belief that the social contract is fucked and it needs to be rewritten, then there would be change quickly. if everyone who feels that the black community has been wronged was unified with them, it would change more quickly. the sad truth is that that the black community is not unified. some still want to hold to that social contract. some cling to it. how do we move forward in that kind of a position?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:i want to see change for black americans. i want to see change for all minorities. i want to work toward less oppression, and if we can get there, to no oppression. but i don't want to be held as racist, or to be held as supporting oppression, if i try to look out for the community too.
Anyone who would call you a racist for looking out for communities most likely have different personal motivations of their own and are using racial injustice as a mask to hide who they really are and what they really want for themselves.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Remember when people demonized Colin Kaepernick for peacefully protesting racial injustice and went out of their way to distract people from the message he was trying to send?

I remember.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Ok, so it seems the cops are the ones agitating people and helping cause the violence. I have a shit ton of friends who were at the protest in Columbus. One of them....a huge Trump supporter and was ranting about the protests. Welp....he showed me video he took of officers Macing a girl while she was sitting on steps on a sidewalk. Then another cop shot her with a riot bullet.

Also, I could see in real time of a lot of my friends saying the protest was peaceful until the cops came in and started Macing folks and shooting bullets. Then shit got out of control. This is fucking crazy.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Remember when people demonized Colin Kaepernick for peacefully protesting racial injustice and went out of their way to distract people from the message he was trying to send?

I remember.
Those sons of bitches.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yup. In LA, it was the cops escalating the situation with tear gas and rubber bullets. Seems to be the case all over the country.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

So, when Ferguson, etc, happened, we all blamed Obama and trashed his response. So now, these same people dont hold Trump accountable. I'm so done with people. Americans are sheep.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Remember when people demonized Colin Kaepernick for peacefully protesting racial injustice and went out of their way to distract people from the message he was trying to send?

I remember.
everyone remembers.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:

I remember.
everyone remembers.
It’s just interesting hearing the same people who demonized Kaepernick now talking about how peaceful protests are the way to respond to these things. Something isn’t adding up.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

I remember.
everyone remembers.
It’s just interesting hearing the same people who demonized Kaepernick now talking about how peaceful protests are the way to respond to these things. Something isn’t adding up.
yeah, until the whole black community across the nation is unified in a position that the social contract is null and void, like that guy in seb's linked video is suggesting, then rioting here and there, or peaceful protesting here and there will not bring any real lasting change, clearly.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

George Floyd's death was from underlying health conditions, I'm hearing.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Trump continuing to attack the media while police officers brutalize journalists and reporters all over the country for doing their jobs.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:George Floyd's death was from underlying health conditions, I'm hearing.
a man kneeled on his throat while he was handcuffed, for nine minutes. two other men held him down. what justification is there for that?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:George Floyd's death was from underlying health conditions, I'm hearing.
a man kneeled on his throat while he was handcuffed, for nine minutes. two other men held him down. what justification is there for that?
I'm not sure. I didn't see much of the video. I don't know what he did to make police wrestle him to the ground.

White men have died trying to protect their stores during this riot, all because a black man died of underlying health conditions when being arrested.

This is an ugly and sad situation.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
I'm not sure. I didn't see much of the video. I don't know what he did to make police wrestle him to the ground.

White men have died trying to protect their stores during this riot, all because a black man died of underlying health conditions when being arrested.

This is an ugly and sad situation.
well, then would he have died that night of underlying health conditions if a group of assholes hadn't held him down and sat on his throat?

it is an ugly and sad situation. and no one really is suggesting any kind of sustainable solution or change. we all just want to bicker with each other and use race inequality against anyone with a position that isn't just stand by and let whatever is going to happen happen.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Oh, and not from a 200lb man kneeling on his neck for almost 10 minutes? That's bullshit. Even if he had asthma, heart trouble, etc, you can hear the man telling the cops he cant breathe. He called out for his mom. Bystanders were pleading and cursing at the cops. People even said to check the guys pulse.

You or I would have most likely died in that situation.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

JFK’s death was from Addison’s disease.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

The cop killed Floyd, period. And it doesn't matter what he did before - at the time of the video, he was restrained, and asking, quite politely, for the officier to remove his knee. The cop didn't, and killed him.

Rioted and looters are perfectly acceptable. Solidarity against the police and their fascist attacks on citizens.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I take it none of you have seen the video of George Floyd struggling in the back of the cop car.

It's like you wish the officer murdered him because you hate police or something.