Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Just like bow and arrow guy in Salt Lake City, sword guy was a complete moron and deserved that ass beating.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

As do the looters and rioters.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Police are exposing how unfit to help the public they’ve become in some parts and how big a systemic change is needed. It’s almost impressive to be this bad at the job you’re paid to do. Literally firing billets at reporters and blinding g them, shooting at people on their own property. Rolling ranks through neighborhoods. It proves once again the riots and protests are required in this instance. Even those being looted have gone out in support of the protesters.

Z: one thing you said missed the mark in my book. When he says about what is achieved by looting target can what is achieved by not looting target that’s about the adherence to the appropriate means having no impact. It’s highlighting the broad inertia against change that this is in context of.

As with so much else Trump actively worsens everything he touches and this is no exception.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:I take it none of you have seen the video of George Floyd struggling in the back of the cop car.

It's like you wish the officer murdered him because you hate police or something.
Uhhhhh....I've never hated cops brotha. Where do you get that from? I guess since I think Jeffrey Dahmer was an evil person I must hate white gay males. I have friends who are cops and family. So what was your point again? Lol
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:Police are exposing how unfit to help the public they’ve become in some parts and how big a systemic change is needed. It’s almost impressive to be this bad at the job you’re paid to do. Literally firing billets at reporters and blinding g them, shooting at people on their own property. Rolling ranks through neighborhoods. It proves once again the riots and protests are required in this instance. Even those being looted have gone out in support of the protesters.

Z: one thing you said missed the mark in my book. When he says about what is achieved by looting target can what is achieved by not looting target that’s about the adherence to the appropriate means having no impact. It’s highlighting the broad inertia against change that this is in context of.

As with so much else Trump actively worsens everything he touches and this is no exception.
yeah, i understood why he brought it up. he's locked down into the position that things need to change, and they do. but it's myopic to justify looting target because the social contract is fucked. it misses the bigger picture of what target's function is in the community. and what other "targets" were also looted or burned down and what their function is within the community. he wasn't considering that, seemingly.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Target's function is to underpay workers and keep making money for their own benefit. Have I missed something? :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:Target's function is to underpay workers and keep making money for their own benefit. Have I missed something? :P
no, you have all the answers. replace the social contract with an-snark-y.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Target's function is to underpay workers and keep making money for their own benefit. Have I missed something? :P
no, you have all the answers. replace the social contract with an-snark-y.
Cool, thanks. :p
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Target did a lot to serve their community when they refused to sell milk to protesters while they were being terrorized by tear gas.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Target did a lot to serve their community when they refused to sell milk to protesters while they were being terrorized by tear gas.
because we're great at being assholes to each other. that's becoming more and more clear. and the only "solution" is to be assholes in this city. and then it goes to another city, where we're assholes. does it actually ever solve anything in a lasting way? are we closer to the kind of systemic change we want in our police force than we were after any other previous historical riot? or are we all just being assholes again, for what? how much rioting is good enough to get the change we want? doesn't look like it ever will be unless we change something in our country fundamentally. but again, no one wants to do that, so all that's gonna happen is another silly snarky post to snipe at each other and prove that we're better than the person we're posting to. fuck that! :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

wikipedia lists 17 notable "incidents of civil unrest" (which goes beyond race riots, admittedly) between 1980 and 1999
2000-2009 15
2010-2019 - 32 (nearly the same as incidents listed for the 70s)

so we're in 2020, with two already, so far. tell me are we closer to what we want now, than we've been in the past? what is it gonna take for us to stop being assholes to each other? how many riots is enough? 60+ incidents weren't good enough in the 1960s. tell me how do we reach a lasting solution, again?

:P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

murderer cops
target employees
flame-fanning politicians and media pundits, and presidents
rioters and looters.... are all people. all americans.

look into the actual root of the problem and discuss/debate a solution for that. or we can all go back and forth at each other, like we're on twitter. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I promise Target employees making 10 bucks an hour don’t really care what happens to their employer or place of work. Minimum wage = minimum effort
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:I promise Target employees making 10 bucks an hour don’t really care what happens to their employer or place of work. Minimum wage = minimum effort
target employees decided, for themselves, not to sell milk to tear gas victims. let's figure out the actual real problem in our country.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I did offer solutions.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

you offered ways to potentially help, that we've already done, and continue to do. including rioting and clashing with police and police sympathizers. is that all the solution we have? cause it hasn't amounted to anything lasting, so far.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:you offered ways to potentially help, that we've already done, and continue to do. including rioting and clashing with police and police sympathizers. is that all the solution we have? cause it hasn't amounted to anything lasting, so far.
He did list some pages back things that we could do, such as end the drug war, end the militarization of the police, and the like. The problem is, neither Democrats nor Republicans want to do that.

An actual solution would be to either 1) do a revolution against the country or 2) vote third party until we can gain enough third party voters to force both Democrats and Republicans out so we can get people elected who are actually willing to combat the problem (the police).

It will not happen overnight. It will take years. Which is what I've been saying, insofar as voting third party, for quite a time myself. If we keep voting Democrat and Republican, then this will never be fixed, period.

Either revolution, third party, or perpetual despair. You guys decide.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:you offered ways to potentially help, that we've already done, and continue to do. including rioting and clashing with police and police sympathizers. is that all the solution we have? cause it hasn't amounted to anything lasting, so far.
Headhunter wrote: Too many things to count, all dramatic philosophical changes, almost none of which will happen. Demilitarization and complete reform of police tactics. End the War on Drugs. Fix inner city infrastructure. Federal works programs in inner cities offering an alternative to crime. White people need to stop being so uncomfortable living with and among minorities. Pump resources into education where it’s most needed.

Short of that, riots are a proven method whether people are comfortable with them or not. They gave us literally our country, an eight hour work day, gay rights, police reforms..
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
He did list some pages back things that we could do, such as end the drug war, end the militarization of the police, and the like. The problem is, neither Democrats nor Republicans want to do that.

An actual solution would be to either 1) do a revolution against the country or 2) vote third party until we can gain enough third party voters to force both Democrats and Republicans out so we can get people elected who are actually willing to combat the problem (the police).

It will not happen overnight. It will take years. Which is what I've been saying, insofar as voting third party, for quite a time myself. If we keep voting Democrat and Republican, then this will never be fixed, period.

Either revolution, third party, or perpetual despair. You guys decide.
well let's call it revolution (which it would take for any group in america, including blacks, to vote third party in the majority) or perpetual despair.

have revolutions worked in the past to bring the desired results for black americans? what is different about today, that a revolution would actually make a positive lasting change?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Too many things to count, all dramatic philosophical changes, almost none of which will happen. Demilitarization and complete reform of police tactics. End the War on Drugs. Fix inner city infrastructure. Federal works programs in inner cities offering an alternative to crime. White people need to stop being so uncomfortable living with and among minorities. Pump resources into education where it’s most needed.

Short of that, riots are a proven method whether people are comfortable with them or not. They gave us literally our country, an eight hour work day, gay rights, police reforms..
so we're left with riots. which i keep asking someone to show me where they've worked in a positive lasting capacity. do black americans feel safe in los angeles now? do they feel like cops aren't racist in los angeles now? where do they feel that way?