What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Monster wrote:NOES 3
Some interesting differences. Kirsten has both a mom and dad, Will is named Laredo and walks just fine, Taryn's dream power is breathing fire, Jennifer can fade so the razors pass right through her, and Kincaid can fly. Also, Nancy's old house was a sanitarium in the 30s, presumably where Freddy was conceived, though I haven't made it that far.

...wonder if this is based on Wes' script before Darabount came on board.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Some interesting differences. Kirsten has both a mom and dad, Will is named Laredo and walks just fine, Taryn's dream power is breathing fire, Jennifer can fade so the razors pass right through her, and Kincaid can fly. Also, Nancy's old house was a sanitarium in the 30s, presumably where Freddy was conceived, though I haven't made it that far.

I looked it up. Apparently, this version is based on Wes' script. There are two versions of it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Monster wrote:

I looked it up. Apparently, this version is based on Wes' script. There are two versions of it.
This is the first Ive heard of this. Go on.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Monster wrote:

One, by Bob Italia, follows the movie. The other, by Jeffrey Cooper, is based on Wes' script. That one is in a compilation of the first 3 movies called "The Nightmares on Elm Street The Continuing Story." 1 and 2 follow the movies pretty tightly. Only part 3 is different. It's also pretty short (56 pages) since it's based on a very rough draft.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Monster wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Monster wrote:

One, by Bob Italia, follows the movie. The other, by Jeffrey Cooper, is based on Wes' script. That one is in a compilation of the first 3 movies called "The Nightmares on Elm Street The Continuing Story." 1 and 2 follow the movies pretty tightly. Only part 3 is different. It's also pretty short (56 pages) since it's based on a very rough draft.
does nancy survive the book?
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

zombie wrote:
Monster wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Monster wrote:

Still got 30 pages to go. I'll let you know.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Finished Mooncursed last night. It was okay. Interesting setup, then got bogged down with way too much filler for love-triangle-setup that really got in the way of plot, then it just sort of powered through the end to tie up the plot loose ends. Probably won't continue the series, but at least I gave it a shot.

Next up now is Dark Tower V: Wolves of Calla
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Next up now is Dark Tower V: Wolves of Calla
I can't wait to hear what you say about this one.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Next up now is Dark Tower V: Wolves of Calla
I can't wait to hear what you say about this one.
I anticipate it. I've heard it's a good one, but it's also at the same time part of his streak of "oh shit I gotta finish before I die".
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I anticipate it. I've heard it's a good one, but it's also at the same time part of his streak of "oh shit I gotta finish before I die".
Yeah, it definitely starts getting wacky in this one.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

zombie wrote:
Monster wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Monster wrote:

Keep forgetting to get back to this. The answer is sort of. She gets gutted like she does in the movie, but Kirsten (it's Kirsten in the book as opposed to Kristen in the movie) dreams her into a "beautiful dream world" where she can continue to exist. Also, Joey, Kincaid, and that bitch doctor all die.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The Force - Don Winslow

Couldn’t put it down. It follows the gangster story archetype, but with cops. So good.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Didn't feel weird...until I got to Chapter III: Mia

I was happy to see this is the book where Father Callaghan pops up though. I get the Seven Samurai vibe coming soon.

But yeah...Mia...a goddamn 4th personality lol.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Didn't feel weird...until I got to Chapter III: Mia

I was happy to see this is the book where Father Callaghan pops up though. I get the Seven Samurai vibe coming soon.

But yeah...Mia...a goddamn 4th personality lol.
It gets better. You'll think King was back on coke by the end.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I need to get back to reading the Stand I have not read a page in weeks and I'm still not even half way.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:I need to get back to reading the Stand I have not read a page in weeks and I'm still not even half way.
Finally made it into the 600's. Was introduced to The Kid for the first time and I liked the character until that night in the hotel........That shit ain't right Stephen :shock:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I need to get back to reading the Stand I have not read a page in weeks and I'm still not even half way.
Finally made it into the 600's. Was introduced to The Kid for the first time and I liked the character until that night in the hotel........That shit ain't right Stephen :shock:
Yeah...The Kid is pretty fucked up lol.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'm almost halfway into Wolves of Calla. Going through Callahan's filler (good filler), where he's been and I assume how he got to Calla.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Have been taking a break from reading every day but finished the Cartel trilogy last week, the last one (The Border) is easily the best and most illuminating. Covers a lot of ground.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The Stand graphic novel

Forgot I had it until I saw Tigg's post.