Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Woah, and thought Jason knew how to spin shit. :lol:
He’s not wrong though. The law is stupid and hurts everyone but will disproportionately hurt minorities.
We've established democrats like to fuck everything up and piss everyone off, yeah.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I would love to know which Republican policies would improve things, if we’re holding to this absurd premise that you can boil the state of black America down to voting Democrat, ignoring decades and decades of context and history that put things where they are today.

What are Republicans doing to help? Less benefits for poor people? Easier access to guns? Yet more unchecked law enforcement aggression? This is just extremely dumb.
I am no Republican, but there is no question they're not less moral and competent than democrats at this stage of the paradigm. The idea is not to provide less benefits, but to create opportunities and eliminate the incentive to live off the government. They're also not pushing for easier access to guns, they're for upholding the right to keep and bear arms. It is quite difficult to obtain a legal firearm and you would know that if you legally owned a firearm. The problem with this "unchecked law enforcement aggression" is it is such a rarity in the overall spectrum of law enforcement. 99.9% of all cops of every race would risk their lives if you or any other race were in danger. And the problem with the media and the left is the primary focus of shining the spotlight on the absolute rarest of negative circumstances. I won't be forever opposed to voting Democrat, but I cannot see myself considering a vote for them any time soon with the way they pander and divide the nation in an attempt to take a stronghold in government again. They need to be wiped out completely for an entire election cycle as a reality check that the divisiveness is not going to fly with the citizens of the U.S. anymore.

In short, unification and peace among citizens would be disastrous for their party, and they've forced themselves in a position to either become obsolete, or keep America divided in order to stay afloat.
the difference seems to be that democrats try to pander to minorities, while being divisive and underhanded. and republicans try to pander to churchgoers and blue collar workers, while being divisive and underhanded.
yeah, that's fair to say. any race can be a churchgoer too.
But needless to say, they aren’t pandering to black churches.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Woah, and thought Jason knew how to spin shit. :lol:
He’s not wrong though. The law is stupid and hurts everyone but will disproportionately hurt minorities.
We've established democrats like to fuck everything up and piss everyone off, yeah.
Democrats fuck up all the time but they still offer a hell of a lot more than Republicans.

If you aren’t comfortably middle class (and that concept is ever-changing), there’s no logical reason to vote Republican.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: But needless to say, they aren’t pandering to black churches.
agreed. and again, i think the pandering, no matter where it's aimed, is underhanded and divisive.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote: But needless to say, they aren’t pandering to black churches.
agreed. and again, i think the pandering, no matter where it's aimed, is underhanded and divisive.
Minorities often vote Democrat out of logical fear. Republicans do a lot to appeal to the racism of poor white people and minorities see that. It’s not an accident that Reagan held a big campaign rally in the small town of Philadelphia, Mississippi to talk about states’ rights (do a quick google on the history of Philadelphia, Mississippi). It’s not an accident when Republicans talk about “welfare queens” and depict them as black women, when poor white people are similarly dependent on government support. I could go on and on.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The indentured servant/slave thing is a good indicator of the way racism is taught as a means of maintaining power. A lot of the first mixed-race families in America came from communities of European indentured servants and African slaves. It was logical for them to find common ground. Racial laws were created by land owners to create almost a caste system in the South, with the goal of dividing those groups. Eventually the flow of indentured servants ends and those people settle into the foothills of the South. They’re poor as hell but have one thing they can take solace in: at least they ain’t black. When you trace these indentured servants to their modern day descendants in the rural South...they are not well. We would hardly recognize the modernity in their life if we saw them today. They predominantly vote Republican today (voted Democrat for about 100 years until Civil Rights turned the South red; that evolution is frequently ignored when disingenuous Republican politicians today uphold their party as the one that freed the slaves)
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It’s pretty famous today but I’m not sure everyone has seen it. An actual quote from Republican strategist and campaign guy from the Reagan/HW Bush years, Lee Atwater.
Lee Atwater wrote: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now that you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is that blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Good god, listen to this lunatic woman. Where do these people learn about the world they live in?

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1 ... 41446?s=21
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

political crazies have far better access to similar voices for echo chamber, now than ever before.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The amount of disinformation spreading on Facebook over the years brought a lot of crazies together. Facebook should burn to the ground for the good of the world
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think that twitter is pretty similar. you can cater your feed to just what you want to take in and block anyone who doesn't fit into that. reality check and listening to different types of people is important. and so many people don't want to do that.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:i think that twitter is pretty similar. you can cater your feed to just what you want to take in and block anyone who doesn't fit into that. reality check and listening to different types of people is important. and so many people don't want to do that.
Twitter can be illuminating. Just one look at feeds, people I thought were normal are obviously batshit.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I don’t find them very similar. Twitter is a news aggregate where people of like minded opinions riff off each other. Facebook as a website actively promoted fake right wing stories that influenced voters.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:I don’t find them very similar. Twitter is a news aggregate where people of like minded opinions riff off each other. Facebook as a website actively promoted fake right wing stories that influenced voters.
I don't know about any of that. I just know exploring some people's tweets/feeds is where I get the fuck is wrong with yous.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I don’t find them very similar. Twitter is a news aggregate where people of like minded opinions riff off each other. Facebook as a website actively promoted fake right wing stories that influenced voters.
I don't know about any of that. I just know exploring some people's tweets/feeds is where I get the fuck is wrong with yous.
Twitter’s value is in the aggregation of news and journalism and the ability to instantly respond and interact with it. I still find it informative but it isn’t built for debate. And people don’t want to debate anyway.

Facebook just started to pump out ads that were completely bullshit and mostly older people believed all of it. The woman in the video I posted was clearly someone with too much exposure to Facebook ads and articles.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The way I would describe the difference is that Twitter is built for journalists, Facebook is built for your crazy uncle.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

There might be political non-sense of course, but most shit on twitter is still drivel.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Looks like another round of shutdowns are inevitable. The states that opened things up earlier have been getting crushed, now California is getting hit with a big wave.

This is a disaster Trump can’t continue to hide from and it’s going to be the reason he loses.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Or we just deal with it. Drago time.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Too many of you are looking at this in a purely “will it kill me” sense and that’s crazy. I don’t want 75 year old smoker lungs this year.

Almost every other country thinks we’re morons for politicizing a virus.