Re: What Are You Reading

Post by Tiggnutz »

I need a bookcase
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Finished Dark Tower V: The Wolves of Calla

....me when Callaghan picks up the book: "Mom! Stephen King is writing weird shit again!"

:P

SPOILERS BELOW

So he's goin' In The Mouth of Madness on this now, eh?
Told you he gets weird with this one. The next one is my least favorite, so I'm curious what you'll think of it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

My only real disappointment with book 5, is that the whole ordeal with the Wolves are wrapped up in a single chapter. And we still know nothing about them. Seemed like he rushed the ending. Kinda like Game of Thrones season 8 :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Finished Dark Tower V: The Wolves of Calla

....me when Callaghan picks up the book: "Mom! Stephen King is writing weird shit again!"

:P

SPOILERS BELOW

So he's goin' In The Mouth of Madness on this now, eh?
Told you he gets weird with this one. The next one is my least favorite, so I'm curious what you'll think of it.
Luckily it's not a big one. But I got a book or two to read in between before I get started.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:My only real disappointment with book 5, is that the whole ordeal with the Wolves are wrapped up in a single chapter. And we still know nothing about them. Seemed like he rushed the ending. Kinda like Game of Thrones season 8 :P
He rushed all three final books, unfortunately. He's even said he wants to re-write the whole damned thing, but I think he'd be better off just re-writing those books.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Finished my in-betweener book, I'm Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter. It was alright. Didn't really conclude any of the issues going on in the book, which I guess is the realistic route.

Starting Dark Tower 6: Song of Susannah tonight.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Was supposed to be starting Misery but it didn't arrive in time for my beach trip and I like to read at the beach. I pulled into a Walmart hoping for any Stephen King novel I had not read and as it turned out there was only one Stephen King novel there "If It Bleeds" so that's what I'm reading
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:Was supposed to be starting Misery but it didn't arrive in time for my beach trip and I like to read at the beach. I pulled into a Walmart hoping for any Stephen King novel I had not read and as it turned out there was only one Stephen King novel there "If It Bleeds" so that's what I'm reading
Its actually a collection of short stories
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:Was supposed to be starting Misery but it didn't arrive in time for my beach trip and I like to read at the beach. I pulled into a Walmart hoping for any Stephen King novel I had not read and as it turned out there was only one Stephen King novel there "If It Bleeds" so that's what I'm reading
I have that one waiting in the wings
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Its actually a collection of short stories
Didn't really care for the first 2 stories hopefully it gets better
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

About halfway through Song of Susannah.

It's not as bad as Wind Through The Keyhole, but so far it's sitting at the bottom with it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:About halfway through Song of Susannah.

It's not as bad as Wind Through The Keyhole, but so far it's sitting at the bottom with it.
It is my least favorite. At least it's relatively short.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

***SPOILERS....PROBABLY...Ah who cares***

Came upon the details last night, but I'm still snorting thinking about how Roland supposedly looks like Stephen King lol.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:***SPOILERS....PROBABLY...Ah who cares***

Came upon the details last night, but I'm still snorting thinking about how Roland supposedly looks like Stephen King lol.
Yeah, everything about the self-insert is terrible, but that bit is just him stroking his ego. Utterly ridiculous.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'm intrigued, what did King do? I don't know the context at all, I just know Roland is supposed to be a bad ass and nothing about King is that...
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:I'm intrigued, what did King do? I don't know the context at all, I just know Roland is supposed to be a bad ass and nothing about King is that...
One, he put himself into the book as a character. Two, he claimed the main character looks like him, even though he is based off of Clint Eastwood during his western era.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Reign in Blood wrote:I'm intrigued, what did King do? I don't know the context at all, I just know Roland is supposed to be a bad ass and nothing about King is that...
One, he put himself into the book as a character. Two, he claimed the main character looks like him, even though he is based off of Clint Eastwood during his western era.
lol, now if they ever make another movie or tv show all I'm gonna see is Jordy Verrill.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
lol, now if they ever make another movie or tv show all I'm gonna see is Jordy Verrill.
ahahahahahaha

The man in black fled across the desert, and Jordy Verrill followed. "Meteor Shit!"
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Started the Dr. No audiobook this morning on my drive to work
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Finished Song of Susannah last night. It's....right next to Wind Through The Keyhole at the bottom. The one thing it has above Wind is it at least had me amused occasionally.

Also, I noticed in some trivia it makes mention that Pennywise being one of the 6 greater demons in that book...but I didn't catch that at all. Is that some hardcore between the lines shit that's hidden among the many many long conversations? I know I saw the Turtle mentioned a few times, but didn't catch anything about Pennywise. Perhaps because the book was so bad (for King) that I just started glazing over many spots.

Starting an acquaintances' book because I promised I would put up an amazon review. Supposed to be a YA novel, but as a zombie-apocalypse setting. It's called The Awakening.